Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Y'all need to hit up GOOGLE for real!

There are millions of articles on the questions most of you are asking...do some research!

So this thread is useless then.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

There are millions of articles on the questions most of you are asking...do some research!

No. Some of these questions are just so silly right now.
What is HIIT.

What should be on my grocery list.

What should I eat at 3pm on the dot.

I'm just a bit annoyed that people don't make an effort to learn anything before asking these types of questions.  Make an effort y'know...go out on Google, read through articles from people with PHD's and doctorates, learn things from them.  AND THEN, come in here if they have any more questions, want opinions on things, want to discuss how certain things work for them etc.

That's just me...but if you look at my posts throughout this thread, I've tried to give out as much sound advice as I could.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

No. Some of these questions are just so silly right now.
What is HIIT.

What should be on my grocery list.

What should I eat at 3pm on the dot.

I'm just a bit annoyed that people don't make an effort to learn anything before asking these types of questions.  Make an effort y'know...go out on Google, read through articles from people with PHD's and doctorates, learn things from them.  AND THEN, come in here if they have any more questions, want opinions on things, want to discuss how certain things work for them etc.

That's just me...but if you look at my posts throughout this thread, I've tried to give out as much sound advice as I could.
Sometimes people just like a personal response. Its a forum...99% of everything we talk about on NT can be found on Google. I don't see what the big deal is...if a question is really dumb it usually just doesn't get answered and people move on.

wait is whey isolate really bad? sick i just bought two things of isolate before the gym today. to be honest i dont buy into the whole alkalinity diet BS but if it is missing some nutritional aspects thats interesting...

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Whey Protein Isolates have Dangerous Forms of Protein 

All whey protein isolates are devoid of nutritional co-factors including alkalizing minerals, naturally occurring vitamins, and lipids, which are lost in the processing... This renders them deficient and overly acidifying. Unlike whole protein food concentrates which does not acidify your body due to it's alkalinizing minerals, whey protein isolate are over acidifying. 

Whey isolate can be a serious liability.

If chronically consumed in large amounts (such as with bodybuilders or athletes) without alkalizing foods, it can acidify your body and over time may lead to metabolic acidosis with consequences that include waste of muscle and bone tissues, total metabolic shut down, and increased vulnerability to degenerative disease.

Many cheap whey protein isolates are produced from acid cheese; they're byproducts of acid processing, which is a cheap way to separate whey from the curd. Most of these whey products are rated below pet foods because of the inferior quality of the protein, which is actually more of a nitrogen waste product than one that will produce health benefits that are mentioned in the featured study.

Additionally once the fat has been removed from whey protein isolate, you lose some of the most important components of its immunological properties, such as phospholipids, phosphatidylserine and CLA. All of the IgG immunoglobulins, which are an excellent source of glutamine and glutamylcysteine, are also bound to the fat globule, and therefore lost in the processing of whey isolates.

So the bottom line is that if you want to use whey protein, PLEASE do not use an inferior whey isolate as there is no doubt in my mind it will cause more damage to you than benefit.

interesting...audi do you still use HumaPro? Tablets or powder? and whats your opinion on it?

Thank you guys for putting me on Jack3d; thing works wonders
pimp.gif

just got out of the gym, weighting in at 224lbs.

got 315 10 times on flat bench today, so i feel still pretty strong, but this cutting has most definitely put a hamper on strength. (it wasnt easy)

tire flips in conjunction with 20lb medicine ball throw/ up down. for about 100 yards.(great workout, if tires are avail)

100lb plate flips/push up/ with weighted chain around neck. (love them)

finally getting ab defination somewhat.
pimp.gif

love handles have depleted to almost NOTHING.

feels good to be healthy, rather than just big a bulky.

^I hate you
laugh.gif
I just got back to 315 on flat bench last week after cutting down to 200 from 220
ohwell.gif

rck2sactown wrote:
^I hate you
laugh.gif
I just got back to 315 on flat bench last week after cutting down to 200 from 220
ohwell.gif

bro thats still 115lbs above your body weight.
pimp.gif

cutting is gruesome man.

so much food i want to eat
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

315? After this cut I want that.

I used to get that up and get 4-5 reps relatively easily before this cut. But I guess I will take 1 rm on it
ohwell.gif

tired.gif

All whey protein isolates are devoid of nutritional co-factors including alkalizing minerals, naturally occurring vitamins, and lipids, which are lost in the processing... This renders them deficient and overly acidifying. Unlike whole protein food concentrates which does not acidify your body due to it's alkalinizing minerals, whey protein isolate are over acidifying. 

If chronically consumed in large amounts (such as with bodybuilders or athletes) without alkalizing foods, it can acidify your body and over time may lead to metabolic acidosis with consequences that include waste of muscle and bone tissues, total metabolic shut down, and increased vulnerability to degenerative disease.

Many cheap whey protein isolates are produced from acid cheese; they're byproducts of acid processing, which is a cheap way to separate whey from the curd. Most of these whey products are rated below pet foods because of the inferior quality of the protein, which is actually more of a nitrogen waste product than one that will produce health benefits that are mentioned in the featured study.

Additionally once the fat has been removed from whey protein isolate, you lose some of the most important components of its immunological properties, such as phospholipids, phosphatidylserine and CLA. All of the IgG immunoglobulins, which are an excellent source of glutamine and glutamylcysteine, are also bound to the fat globule, and therefore lost in the processing of whey isolates.

So the bottom line is that if you want to use whey protein, PLEASE do not use an inferior whey isolate as there is no doubt in my mind it will cause more damage to you than benefit.

I've been using Optimum Gold Standard 100% Whey...am I good?

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

wait is whey isolate really bad? sick i just bought two things of isolate before the gym today. to be honest i dont buy into the whole alkalinity diet BS but if it is missing some nutritional aspects thats interesting...

Joe, you finally joined the "dark side" lol...enjoy it bro. Hope you have a quick and speedy recovery.Arent u taking adex too?

Source? I should just take essential amino acids and bcaa?Thinking Oh going tat route with a sugar/ Carb free electrolyte drinkBulk instantized bcaa, eaa powder!

Originally Posted by Dropten

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Joe, you finally joined the "dark side" lol...enjoy it bro. Hope you have a quick and speedy recovery.Arent u taking adex too?
yeah .25 mg a-dex EOD then bumped it up to .25 ED. i have maybe 10 days left its been great. 
akuratl02 wrote:
keithsweatsjordans wrote:
Cronicmolemolereturns wrote:

Can one of you 3 "studs" recommend me a good ab work out since you guys are so fancy now ... I want my abs dancing too!

honestly i barely do abs.....def not on a regular basis. compound lifts work your abs nicely. 

WPI really that bad?
Everyone I know uses ON whey, and they've been on it for years. Its also rated one of the best and most popular whey out there on the market.

I dont have a problem with it, and no one I know has a problem with it.

Just bought a 10 lb bag the other day. Lets go.

Originally Posted by chuck67

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Originally Posted by chuck67

lots of protein, take creatine, a multi and lift heavy brah. 
on a side note i originally weighed 179 weighed myself on the scales... and 173!!! ya boy was at the gym wit the 
happy.gif
 face on lol. it took me about 6 days on oxy elite normal doseage and a somewhat strict diet.. I can see the body fat slowly dissapearing now. its an awesome feeling i use to could pinch and grab the fat on my stomach area.. now i can just barely get any fat when i pinch myself lol. also i didnt do much cardio at all. probably about 25 minutes worth the whole week. 

do you feel like you've lost any muscle mass at all? or does it seem to all be fat? cause im thinking about trying out oep as well

Nope haven't lost a lick of muscle. All the weight lost has been from the fat on my chest/stomach. i can finally see my six pack now that was covered in bodyfat lol. and i do agree about having to pee alot but i do drink about a gallon of water a day so.. Definetly give it a try bro. iwas skeptical at first aswell but this stuff is the real deal. 
I was thinking about incorporating that into my diet and routine.  But whats deterring me from buying it is those side effects
ohwell.gif

Working out legs question:
If my goal is to be faster/jump higher/be more "planted" to stand my ground while playing basketball, how should I work out my legs? High weight, low reps? Low weight high reps? Or medium/heavy weight 6-8 reps?

Back
Top Bottom