Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by I3

I've never done seated bb military - I think standing is better - as you have to tense your core.  Incline/flat bench bb will help develop your deltoids which will help your military press.  Not exactly sure what muscles help what, but I know for a fact when you work your chest, a lot of stress is placed on the shoulders too. I've tried doing a chest and shoulders day and boy it was tough to do military press after a good bench workout.

Definitely ask for a spot, that'll give you a mental edge on lifting heavier weights.

I train to get more bounce/explositivity for basketball.  I highly doubt id ever get huge, and dont want that image.  Im after the Cristiano/Mayweather look, bit of mass, quite cut. Nuff said lol.

I agree with you on the standing military as more useful. I try and keep all my exercises to the closed circuit exercises (hands/feet don't move, or you're standing up) so I can work my core more.

At the end of the month I'm going to try and max out at 185. That's been my goal for a long time, I dreamed of benching that much back when I was obsessed with basketball since that's the NBA draft combine benchmark.

As for goals, I'm trying to be both explosive and cut. I want to be powerful/strong and look the part. Definitely don't want to even get remotely big (even what's considered on NT to be an average physique is too big IMO) but I want to be cut as hell so you can see every outline of my muscles.
Originally Posted by needsomejays

when doing deadlifts, what do you guys prefer using, the barbell or the hex bar?

I learned how to do them with the barbell but now I'm trying out the hex bar cause I plateaued with the barbell. Hex bar seems easier to balance your weight and ensure good form.

Originally Posted by 4one5

Originally Posted by slickp42189

by 420, do u mean 420 lbs?

No. 
laugh.gif
o, what is it? is it a supplement? ive never heard of it

^ lol.

Question. My ears get clogged up or whatever, like, everything I hear becomes fuzzy and distorted after or while I workout. I worked on my breathing and the problem still occurs. Does anyone else get this problem?

do u guys have stretch mark issues? if so, do u guys just let them be or do u do something to stop/get rid of them, i went from 180 to 220 in two years and i have arm pit stretch marks, what can i do to make sure i dont get any stretch marks anywhere else?
not much man....they fade away over time
also retin-a on stretch marks can help

but nah nothing much you can do to eliminate them, except not get any bigger i guess lol

Originally Posted by ItzJono

Anyone in here doing crossfit?..do you like it?...how is it vs the gym??

I've been x-fitting for two years now. If you don't like doing cardio on a treadmill, it's a good substitute. I still lift heavy, but x-fitting is a must for me.

do u guys have stretch mark issues? if so, do u guys just let them be or do u do something to stop/get rid of them, i went from 180 to 220 in two years and i have arm pit stretch marks, what can i do to make sure i dont get any stretch marks anywhere else?

I just let them be. I got them Chest, Shoulders, and Thighs. Its common.

could someone post a link for this 420 weight gaining supplement? Tried looking for it, but I can't find anything.
EDIT- for stretchmarks, you could try bio-oil. I don't have any personal experience with this, but it's worked on fading some peoples stretch marks and scars.

I feel the same way. 

I haven't always toked prior to my trainings but I've been recently..

and it makes the experience more enjoyable obviously. Like you said, it just flies by and you get pretty lost in it.

It opens up the bloodstream so I feel the pumps and am also more in tune with my bodily functions.

For those who don't usually partake though, I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm a seasoned smoker lol.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by Durden7

Brett, youre doing too many warm up reps.

Theres really no reason to go above 4 reps on any warm up.

By the time youre even ready to begin the lift, your body temp should already by raised so theres no real purpose for extended reps.  It's basically neuromuscular warm ups so 1 to 3 reps is all thats needed.
so, 1-3 reps of progressively heavier weight? maybe a workout as follows:
135x3, 225x3, 275x3, 315x3, 335xAMAP, 335xAMAP, 335xAMAP

Increase the 335 reps/set and once that goes up increase weights.

Am I on the right page?

Does this go for every lift?

A few at 135 (form based practice/muscle activation sequencing)
1 or 2 at 225 (muscle activation at a higher load)
then go straight to sets at 335.

For the "heavier" lifts (bench, squat,deadlift) its efficient to do it this way.  For lighter stuff, warm up sets arent even necessary.
Good advice. Will post results tomorrow (squatting)
What's your new bench max at btw?

420 is a great pwo supplement.... only problem is I work industrial construction... regular testing 
mad.gif

why does the weight feel so heavy when im squatting, smh..

225 feel like a whole shet load of weight

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

any of my fellow bodybuilders 420 friendly?
I think it's nothing but beneficial to me. Helps with eating, sleeping, and of course makes me feel great lol.

How often do you do it?

im back in MMA full time now so i do a TON of cardio

I'm back on that mt/bjj/judo grind again after a five month hiatus and the cardio has been KILLIN me lately 
frown.gif
 Got about 1 week until a judo competition comes up so I'm going to try and get my wind back by then
laugh.gif
Hopefully I can do it... Took that  huge break but I haven't actually competed in about a year
30t6p3b.gif

i have a question.. i took my usual supplement before workout (JetFuse), and i wanted to know if can take Amino Energy since its hours later?? they both have caffeine in it

Quick help please.

I got exactly two weeks to look as ripped as possible for a hip-hop dance comp.

Any recommendations as to what diet / regimen I should take? Tips on how to achieve the best physique as much as I can in a small window?

Any help is appreciated.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

not much man....they fade away over time
also retin-a on stretch marks can help

but nah nothing much you can do to eliminate them, except not get any bigger i guess lol
ill try that, but yea, ive actually decided 190-195 is the perfect size so i definitely wont be getting any bigger, but yea its just whack to going from not having them to having them, and the worse part is that they popped up in like august of this year

Back
Top Bottom