Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

This dude cannnnnnt be natural

1sJtDo75V98yurvwworyAr4wlT1h6w426.jpeg
Who is this? That looks great.
pimp.gif
Pause.

So you guys would stress an intense weight-lifting regime over cardio for weight loss?

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by Al Audi

ive been off whey for months myself personally

I've been saying this for a while. Most whey proteins are from terrible sources. Sick, confined animals with very few nutrients. If you want good whey, get it from grass-fed, pastured cows. I've heard good things about whey protein from New Zealand.
That article was alright. It just confirms the importance of food quality. Animal products from pastured animals are significantly better than from factory farmed animals. The nutrient density doesn't even compare. Milk isn't bad necessarily. Many people can't handle it, but some can. Butter, ghee, and cheese can be handled by most. Don't feel obligated to include it in your diet. You can get nutrients from other sources. Calcium from greens, vitamin d from meat, etc.

That point about how we don't drink other mammal's milk is pretty bad. Many cultures drink many different kinds of milks. Mongolians drank horse milk. Other Asians have consumed buffalo milk for centuries. Goat milk, sheep milk, and cows milk are the main ones. 

so where would we find this supposedly awesome source of whey

Originally Posted by ABC

So you guys would stress an intense weight-lifting regime over cardio for weight loss?

i wouldn't say people would stress it, but you can still lose weight just from a intense lifting program w/o cardio. 
but if you want it to go by faster and be in even better shape then i'd include Cardio, don't see why you wouldn't 

The reason why people say weights can be better for fat loss is because the more muscle you have equals the more fat burned, muscle cells burn more calories than fat cells. For someone doing just an intense weight lifting session can burn more calories during the session and even when not lifting.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

that's Josef.. he's natural he's small tho but lean and aesthetic as fuk
I just really don't believe it.
Have you seen his before/after pics? dude can claim no assistance all he wants but who is to know other than him

That's Josef? I love Josef <33
That's the exact look I'm going for.
I believe he's all natural.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

that's Josef.. he's natural he's small tho but lean and aesthetic as fuk
I just really don't believe it.
Have you seen his before/after pics? dude can claim no assistance all he wants but who is to know other than him

Nah man, I think he's taken a protein shake before.

Originally Posted by ABC

From the Optimum Nutrition website:

"Although endless hours on a treadmill will burn fat, it can also deplete muscle tissue. Resistance training builds and tones lean mass which can increase the fat burning capacity of your metabolism"

Few supplementation questions.
Currently, I am in the process of "bulking up" while still trying to "tone". All I take is a Centrum multivitamin, and ON Whey.

I'm thinking about getting a pre-workout, and a multi-vitamin. I really want an organic vitamin source, something easily and readily digested.

Also, what is the best pre-workout supp?

Lastly, anything else I should try to help me add "good" mass and gain power and explosiveness? 

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

Few supplementation questions.
Currently, I am in the process of "bulking up" while still trying to "tone". All I take is a Centrum multivitamin, and ON Whey.

I'm thinking about getting a pre-workout, and a multi-vitamin. I really want an organic vitamin source, something easily and readily digested.

Also, what is the best pre-workout supp?

Lastly, anything else I should try to help me add "good" mass and gain power and explosiveness? 

creatine and beta alanine

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by Al Audi

ive been off whey for months myself personally

I've been saying this for a while. Most whey proteins are from terrible sources. Sick, confined animals with very few nutrients. If you want good whey, get it from grass-fed, pastured cows. I've heard good things about whey protein from New Zealand.
That article was alright. It just confirms the importance of food quality. Animal products from pastured animals are significantly better than from factory farmed animals. The nutrient density doesn't even compare. Milk isn't bad necessarily. Many people can't handle it, but some can. Butter, ghee, and cheese can be handled by most. Don't feel obligated to include it in your diet. You can get nutrients from other sources. Calcium from greens, vitamin d from meat, etc.

That point about how we don't drink other mammal's milk is pretty bad. Many cultures drink many different kinds of milks. Mongolians drank horse milk. Other Asians have consumed buffalo milk for centuries. Goat milk, sheep milk, and cows milk are the main ones. 

so where would we find this supposedly awesome source of whey

www.eatme.net.nz

Any of you dummies ever get random bruising after lifting? I was on vacay the last couple of days and my gf noticed a bruise on the inner side of my delts right where the traps and pecs meet. Its been growing and getting gradually darker since Friday.........

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Any of you dummies ever get random bruising after lifting? I was on vacay the last couple of days and my gf noticed a bruise on the inner side of my delts right where the traps and pecs meet. Its been growing and getting gradually darker since Friday.........

It's a yerk.

Cardio isnt "necessary" to lose fat but I always get the sense that the "I didnt do any cardio and got down to 7% BF!" crowd all have great metabolisms.
laugh.gif

These are the types of dudes that can eat 6000 calories a day without gaining weight but the moment they skip a meal they lose 4 pounds.

Cardio isnt necessary but for many people it's necessary to create larger deficits and lose fat at a fairly good pace. Who wants to diet for months on end to lose some fat when they can hop onto a treadmill several times a week and lose the weight in half the time it would've taken them if they didnt do any cardio?

You get to a point where the fat wont come off until you do something about it and that something is usually a combination of cardio with a strict diet.

Anyways, I think everyone should be doing some cardio, regardless of what their goals are. People forget that cardio has many benefits, one of them being that it...*gasp*...actually helps improve your health
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

It's a yerk.
Yerk is a verb tho....
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

It's a yerk.
Yerk is a verb tho....
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]

Ahhhh a Yeerk
laugh.gif
that takes me back, Animorphs use to scare the %+*@ out of me when I was little

Back
Top Bottom