STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Hit arms today. Did more volume than usual, and I honestly could've done more.

Not sure if it was the caffeine, sleep, or time of day.

Off today and tomorrow and maybe sunday. ever since I've been on this new system, I've been really feeling the effects more than ever after workouts. Now I look forward to the rest days so much. Really feels like I'm doing something in the gym again. Getting past those stagnant parts. Been gaining like crazy lately.

Off today and tomorrow and maybe sunday. ever since I've been on this new system, I've been really feeling the effects more than ever after workouts. Now I look forward to the rest days so much. Really feels like I'm doing something in the gym again. Getting past those stagnant parts. Been gaining like crazy lately.

freeze what are you on bud?

it's a pretty basic 4-5 day split.

day 1: legs/abs. squats and other general leg exercises

day 2: chest. really frying the chest.

day 3: back/shoulders

day 4: quick 4-5 sets of squats and then arms. bi's/tri's/forearms

day 5 legs/abs again. deads and other general leg stuff.

then rest for 2-3 days, then start over. foam rolling and mobility movements before every workout. each workout is 145-2hrs. used to be able to workout for days and days, but once i started hitting full legs twice a week and squats twice, by day 5, I'm dead. I try to space it so the off days are the weekend, where I can get the most possible sleep. gains in strength and size have been noticed by all my dudes and dudes and females at the gym. seems to all be at once, they prolly think i'm juicing lolll. thats how it goes bros, find a solid system and abuse it until you have diminishing returns, then switch to something else.

in other news, I had to tell a couple dudes and that dominican chick that i can't work out with them anymore. they were killing my workouts. wanting to talk, and chop it up. wanting to joke and laugh. plus they'd be way weaker so it always chewed up time between sets loading and unloading plates and telling them how to do exercises. plus they were too weak to spot me anyways, so i told em they can do their own thing. i like beasting out alone in there. even though shorty was eye candy, I'll be my own eye candy lol

Last edited:
Nice. Im about to add in another leg day as well. Do you do back squats on both squat days?

Was thinking of adding another day where I do a full body workout. Basically trying to hit everything and also giving attention to parts I think are slacking. Something like Front Squats, DB bench, DB Incline, Weighted dips (tri's), preacher Curls, T bar rows, back extension and abs.

Nice. Im about to add in another leg day as well. Do you do back squats on both squat days?

Was thinking of adding another day where I do a full body workout. Basically trying to hit everything and also giving attention to parts I think are slacking. Something like Front Squats, DB bench, DB Incline, Weighted dips (tri's), preacher Curls, T bar rows, back extension and abs.

yep back squats. I don't have the wrist/forearm flexibility for comfortable front squat bar positioning. and the exercise overall feels unnatural to me.

A lot of pushing and pulling at Crossfit lately. I think they are trying to get us ready for Murph on Thanksgiving.

it's a pretty basic 4-5 day split.

day 1: legs/abs. squats and other general leg exercises

day 2: chest. really frying the chest.

day 3: back/shoulders

day 4: quick 4-5 sets of squats and then arms. bi's/tri's/forearms

day 5 legs/abs again. deads and other general leg stuff.

then rest for 2-3 days, then start over. foam rolling and mobility movements before every workout. each workout is 145-2hrs. used to be able to workout for days and days, but once i started hitting full legs twice a week and squats twice, by day 5, I'm dead. I try to space it so the off days are the weekend, where I can get the most possible sleep. gains in strength and size have been noticed by all my dudes and dudes and females at the gym. seems to all be at once, they prolly think i'm juicing lolll. thats how it goes bros, find a solid system and abuse it until you have diminishing returns, then switch to something else.

in other news, I had to tell a couple dudes and that dominican chick that i can't work out with them anymore. they were killing my workouts. wanting to talk, and chop it up. wanting to joke and laugh. plus they'd be way weaker so it always chewed up time between sets loading and unloading plates and telling them how to do exercises. plus they were too weak to spot me anyways, so i told em they can do their own thing. i like beasting out alone in there. even though shorty was eye candy, I'll be my own eye candy lol
Pretty much the boat I'm on.  I basically have to avoid people when I hit the gym.  I feel like the governor at times, having to shake every hand, kiss babies, and have 5 min convos with every person in the spot.  Too time consuming.  Other than a spot here and there, I'm in my own world.  Music on, hoody zipped up, channeling that inner beast.  Iron being pumped, jump rope being spun...get out of the way lol.

My boys don't match my intensity level and it just throws me off.

A lot of pushing and pulling at Crossfit lately. I think they are trying to get us ready for Murph on Thanksgiving.

funny same thing at our box....did Christine today...

500m row
12 bodyweight deadlifts
21 box jumps

3 rounds.

Pretty much the boat I'm on.  I basically have to avoid people when I hit the gym.  I feel like the governor at times, having to shake every hand, kiss babies, and have 5 min convos with every person in the spot.  Too time consuming.  Other than a spot here and there, I'm in my own world.  Music on, hoody zipped up, channeling that inner beast.  Iron being pumped, jump rope being spun...get out of the way lol.

I've been going to the same gym for about 1.5yrs now every morning at 6am before work. Literally see the same 8-10 cats in there every damn morning. I have never once chatted with them, strictly because I have my headphones on going ham. Dont have time for that **** bruh.

we did hero wod Glen on monday

30 Clean and jerks (105)
Run 1 mile
10 Rope climbs (i did 50 pullups instead)
Run 1 mile
100 Burpees

for time

it was BRUTAL.

Sitting in the doctor's office right now waiting to have my shoulder looked at. My appointment was at 2:40, and almost 40 minutes later, I'm still sitting in the waiting room -_-

yep back squats. I don't have the wrist/forearm flexibility for comfortable front squat bar positioning. and the exercise overall feels unnatural to me.

Do you do any type of cleans?

Drop load and work on it, might be a mental thing. The key is finding a comfortable "rack" position, since you're not supposed to carry any of the load on your wrist/forearm. Pick those elbows up.

When I'm teaching people to front squat, I make them put the PVC pipe in the "rack" position across their delts and have their arms straight forward. Try that for a bit. Working with a PVC pipe or a bar with no plates can be ego bruising to some, it shouldn't be when trying to perfect form.

If I had a dollar for every dude that I've had to tell to drop all the weight and go with a training bar... :lol:

I've been going to the same gym for about 1.5yrs now every morning at 6am before work. Literally see the same 8-10 cats in there every damn morning. I have never once chatted with them, strictly because I have my headphones on going ham. Dont have time for that **** bruh.
No one talks in the AM. That's the perk of training early. I have a small evening window for training. I may have to consider doing more than just the occasional cardio sesh in the AM, but too many commitments to do it on a regular basis unless I get up at 4.

People pretty much know to leave me in my bubble mid sesh nowadays, but everyone wants to chop it up when you walk in the door.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom