STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

kteezy - sorry for my ignorance but why do you have to join a separate gym to work on freeweights? can't you just rig stuff up in your gym? bench + power rack and you're good. no need to do a ton of brosplit iso work.

As you can see from the following Poundstone video, it's a pretty awkward movement even when pros are doing it. I don't see why it needs to be taught in a beginning Crossfit class.

[thread="500128"]Ahhhhh Poundstone da gawd [/thread]
[thread="500128"] [/thread]
[thread="500128"]Boy is a freak man I tell you, pressing 4 hundy like a boss.[/thread]

That exercise looks like such a horrible idea. Lift the weight halfway, then rest a 400lb weight on your stomach while changing grip to then finish the clean and press it.

Don't care how many experts endorse it, it doesn't make any sense to be resting hundreds of weight on your stomach.

Last edited:
kteezy - sorry for my ignorance but why do you have to join a separate gym to work on freeweights? can't you just rig stuff up in your gym? bench + power rack and you're good. no need to do a ton of brosplit iso work.

I did it mostly for my wife....blink allows you to bring a guest, so I can only go with her, she wants to add 45mins of cardio on the treadmill everyday....so I just tag along and use whatever I can at the gym....

Also I can't just walk into my box at any time....they have a schedule....although I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to stay extra time to work on lifts, but I don't want to be an inconvenience to the coaches.

ahhhh man. can't knock supporting the wife. i guess maybe you gotta make do with what they got. no need for complicated stuff.

Yep. 

IIFYM is golden. Eating pretty much whatever I want. As long as I count my calories and hit macros it's enjoyable as opposed to a strict clean diet
See in theory it sounds great, but I find that I feel a lot less athletic and I feel a lot less satisfied when I eat low quality foods even in limited qualities. I don't understand how people stay full and satiated, let alone feel healthy while doing it.

This - I thought there were open gym hours at most "boxes"

That exercise looks like such a horrible idea. Lift the weight halfway, then rest a 400lb weight on your stomach while changing grip to then finish the clean and press it.

Don't care how many experts endorse it, it doesn't make any sense to be resting hundreds of weight on your stomach.
I don;t think it's being endorse as a particularly "safe" lift; it's a necessary part of strongman competitions though. Like most sports, there are some less safe aspects of the sport.

I did it mostly for my wife....blink allows you to bring a guest, so I can only go with her, she wants to add 45mins of cardio on the treadmill everyday....so I just tag along and use whatever I can at the gym....

Also I can't just walk into my box at any time....they have a schedule....although I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to stay extra time to work on lifts, but I don't want to be an inconvenience to the coaches.
Are you allowed to switch boxes or is that like cheating on your gf in the Crossfit world?

And I'm the troll....c'mon guys I've moved on but the jokes continue....let us all grow up a bit.

The way I see it

*****fit is designed for endurance and strength training.

Bodybuilding is for aesthetics

I don't think if you didn't already have good definition, that is something you'll achieve solely through ****fit.

I'm i not allowed to talk about BB and ask questions about it?

Are you allowed to switch boxes or is that like cheating on your gf in the Crossfit world?

Most boxes are independently owned and operated so not "cheating". Depending in your agreement, you can come and go as you please.

Most if not all boxes have month to month payment plans.

Majority of boxes have open gym hours. Even those are under supervision due to liability issues. 90% of gym goers don't know what they are doing when they workout on their own.

If I remember correctly, you said you worked at the Central Sq BSC?
Bro good luck. Bet you were nervous - how'd it go?
Yo TJ's isn't even that expensive. I feel like my bills there always come out to a lot less than I expected. Exact opposite for WFM.

I actually ended up going today instead....that being said....

TRADER JOE'S IS THE GREATEST PLACE IN THE WORLD.

SRS.

YES, SRS.

I spent $100 :lol:

Tbh I don't know what's the misconception of TJs being expensive....have ya shopped at StopNShop?....I've literally bought similar things in both supermarkets to see the price difference and what I spent 120$ for in StopNShop, I spend maybe 70$ at TJs the savings are crazy...not to mention much better food

wish we had a trader joes. when i shop at whole foods, pretty much demolishes my wallet. in fact prices for food shopping in hawaii sucks :lol:

Only go to trader joes for the booze. But I used to go and try to find Ezekiel bread though they never had it.

What stuff is worth buying? Do they have chicken?

^ They have chicken, prices are ok.

I already have a ton of chicken in my freezer, like 20lbs, but I got some "Angus grass-fed beef," can't wait to try it.

I got some sake, it looks :pimp:

Chicken I buy wholesale at Costcos, get the big bag that has like 30 precut frozen breasts....I wouldn't buy meats at TJs but their veggies, nuts, their almond milk and eggs, different types of bread selections, etc etc... :pimp:

wish we had a trader joes. when i shop at whole foods, pretty much demolishes my wallet. in fact prices for food shopping in hawaii sucks
laugh.gif
MAN BUT DONT U HAVE LIKE FRESH EVERYTHING THERE?

WHEN I GO THERE FIRT THING IM HAVING IS THAT BURGER GRAVY RICE COMBO.

I WANNA TRY POKI

AND DA FILIPINO INSIDE ME WANTS FRIED SPAM AND EGGS LOL

lol burger gravy rice is loco moco.
fish is fresh depends where you get it. don't have our boat anymore so i can't catch pelagics like tuna or mahi for my family. i still eat spam once in a while :lol:

MY ENTIRE HIGH SCHOOL CAREER THE UPPER CLASSMEN CONVINCED EVERYONE I WAS FROM HAWAII.

HOW I GOT POON BASED OF BEING FROM AN ISLAND?

I GOTTA MAKE IT OUT THERE. WHAT ISLAND U FROM MAN!

AND ALSO DOES YOUR GENCY/CENTER USE FAMILY THERAPY IN THEIR APPROACH?

trader joes suck IMO

been there a few times, they have nothing thats better than a regular grocery store.

its either that or my store sucks BAD.

Back
Top Bottom