STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

okay so here's my problem fellas , about a year ago you could say I was a skinny 21 year old. now I've gained a good 15-20 pounds thts visible especially in my gut I've began to life weights to gain muscle but when it comes to my gut I'm not sure if I should work on my abs now or change my diet to lose the fat then work on my abs or do a combination of the two at one time . .. . any help ?
Sounds like me a few years ago, I was skinny fat. Visibly skinny in the face, arms, legs but had a gut. Embarrassing man.

First thing I did was clean up my eating habits. No soda, pasta, fried foods, candy, desert etc. I started eating salads (baby spinach / arugula), chicken breast, green beans, broccoli, asparagus, brown rice, talipia, salmon, almonds, bananas, apples, carrots, greek yogurt etc. and I stuck to a strick calorie intake, I think it was 1900 - 2000. I drank tons of water too. I didn't even have a gym pass, I had two 20lb dumbbells and I would run 1.5 miles a day. I dropped 20lbs in like 3 months.

Of course that sounds terrible, but I stumbled across the way. When your body is use to taking in some much food, and one day you straight up shock it with different type of food and not enough of it, your body rejects it. Mine did. I found myself MORE hungry and would binge. So it was a learning process and I was miserable and hungry at times. I just had to stick it through and trade doritos for greek yogurt, recces pieces for almonds, oreos for watermelon, fried chicken wings for grilled chicken breast and macaroni and cheese for quinoa. I know one thing, I'm never EVER going back to those eating habits.

Have patient bro, it'll all finally click.

Sounds like me a few years ago, I was skinny fat. Visibly skinny in the face, arms, legs but had a gut. Embarrassing man.

First thing I did was clean up my eating habits. No soda, pasta, fried foods, candy, desert etc. I started eating salads (baby spinach / arugula), chicken breast, green beans, broccoli, asparagus, brown rice, talipia, salmon, almonds, bananas, apples, carrots, greek yogurt etc. and I stuck to a strick calorie intake, I think it was 1900 - 2000. I drank tons of water too. I didn't even have a gym pass, I had two 20lb dumbbells and I would run 1.5 miles a day. I dropped 20lbs in like 3 months.

Of course that sounds terrible, but I stumbled across the way. When your body is use to taking in some much food, and one day you straight up shock it with different type of food and not enough of it, your body rejects it. Mine did. I found myself MORE hungry and would binge. So it was a learning process and I was miserable and hungry at times. I just had to stick it through and trade doritos for greek yogurt, recces pieces for almonds, oreos for watermelon, fried chicken wings for grilled chicken breast and macaroni and cheese for quinoa. I know one thing, I'm never EVER going back to those eating habits.

My body is DEF not used to this new healthier diet. I feel constipated and theres like a stitch in my left side for the past 2 days. Im not using the bathroom as frequent either. It really is shock, hope my digestion gets used to this soon.

My body is DEF not used to this new healthier diet. I feel constipated and theres like a stitch in my left side for the past 2 days. Im not using the bathroom as frequent either. It really is shock, hope my digestion gets used to this soon.

its rough man. i started eating healthy/working out 3 years ago after hs of just getting by on sports and i still cant go like a week without eating like crap lol

fjfjfjdjfdjdj damn

Had a good leg day yesterday.  Super sore today all sorts of muscle twitches and restlessness in my legs.  Cardio and core today gonna be painful to get my legs going.

335 for two yesterday and felt good.  I was gonna go for 365lb (my one rep max) but decided against it was a little too fatigued for no spotter 1RM.  Followed with stiff leg deads, lunges and calf raises.  I was a sweaty mess by the time i was done to the point that my shorts were full of sweat.  Once my under shirt got full (nike dri-fit compression) it just flooded into my shorts it was gross

anybody know anything about matefit? seen a lot of celebs (lord disick) get on that. wondering if anyone has any experience with it and if it affects your lifting regime.

anybody know anything about matefit? seen a lot of celebs (lord disick) get on that. wondering if anyone has any experience with it and if it affects your lifting regime.

heard its like herblife..

speaking of herblife this chick i used to mess with is on that train. promoting it on ig..smh

speaking of herblife this chick i used to mess with is on that train. promoting it on ig..smh

them herbalife people are too much. they take that ish WAY too seriously. im thinking of trying matefit because they have this 14 day or 28 day play, but i was wondering if it would affect me lifting. im tryna drop some body fat before i go on vacation.

them herbalife people are too much. they take that ish WAY too seriously. im thinking of trying matefit because they have this 14 day or 28 day play, but i was wondering if it would affect me lifting. im tryna drop some body fat before i go on vacation.
JUST BUY NORMAL TEA BRO

I KNOW WE LOVE SWAGLORD SCOTT BUT HE DOESN'T EXACTLY LOOK LIKE DOES HE EVEN

I still use straps in the gym, but I only use them when my grip starts giving out. Out of 16 total sets for black, I only use them for 3.

I hate people in the gym preaching broscience... Like telling me I can't build muscle doing sets of 3.:lol:

I still use straps in the gym, but I only use them when my grip starts giving out. Out of 16 total sets for black, I only use them for 3.

I hate people in the gym preaching broscience... Like telling me I can't build muscle doing sets of 3.
laugh.gif
Guy that works at my gym tried to tell me that its scientifically proven that doing reps of 3 or less won't get you stronger 
indifferent.gif

I hate people in the gym preaching broscience... Like telling me I can't build muscle doing sets of 3.:lol:

Guy that works at my gym tried to tell me that its scientifically proven that doing reps of 3 or less won't get you stronger :stoneface:

He tried to tell me that I need 6k calories to bulk too... Mind you he's cut 25 lbs since he finished his bulk. It doesn't hit him that if he ate less, he'd have to cut less. :lol:

So Ive started my first cut, 7 days in, and its kinda rough. I'm doing 40/40/20, 2630 cals. One thing I'm noticing is that I'm not able to hit daily calorie allowance, by the end of the day I'm usually at an 1,000-1200 calorie deficit, plus i get hungry very quickly after eating. Any advice or suggestions on what i should change or do different would be appreciated

He tried to tell me that I need 6k calories to bulk too... Mind you he's cut 25 lbs since he finished his bulk. It doesn't hit him that if he ate less, he'd have to cut less.
laugh.gif
I'll never understand that lifestyle, eat like a pig for 8 months or so then starve yourself for 6 just to be back where you started lol

Last edited:
He tried to tell me that I need 6k calories to bulk too... Mind you he's cut 25 lbs since he finished his bulk. It doesn't hit him that if he ate less, he'd have to cut less. :lol:

I'll never understand that lifestyle, eat like a pig for 8 months or so then starve yourself for 6 just to be back where you started lol

Makes no sense to me to bulk/cut every year in that manner. I'm sure some scientific study shows it has a negative effect on metabolism.

Makes no sense to me to bulk/cut every year in that manner. I'm sure some scientific study shows it has a negative effect on metabolism.
Oh theres no doubt about that. One big contributing factor is when people go on YT and see guys like Chris Jones getting fat as hell then cutting down and making it look easy it makes them think they can do the same thing and get similar results. Thats just not the case.

So Ive started my first cut, 7 days in, and its kinda rough. I'm doing 40/40/20, 2630 cals. One thing I'm noticing is that I'm not able to hit daily calorie allowance, by the end of the day I'm usually at an 1,000-1200 calorie deficit, plus i get hungry very quickly after eating. Any advice or suggestions on what i should change or do different would be appreciated
Thats a huge deficit, I would get it closer to 500 max.

Back
Top Bottom