STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Video is pretty old, so it might've been posted already.

Forgive me if it has.

Man, haven't been to the gym in a long time. Work is killing me.
Can't wait for the holiday break then I can hit up the gym often.

Dem Hollywood gainz. Jake Gyllenhaal new movie Southpaw.

a231bfe0d69ba51934b31f01d4919cb4

Last edited:
After only using hook grip for a couple years, not sure I could get 135 off the ground with double overhand lol

Grip Game Gawd level
smokin.gif

After only using hook grip for a couple years, not sure I could get 135 off the ground with double overhand lol
Couple things I think help are: Never using straps for DL, warming up as long as you can until you have to switch to mix or hook, doing sets of 6-8 in the 65-80% range double overhand. 

Ive been doing my deficit stiff legs with 315+ for 6-8 the past couple months and it has definitely helped. 

:smokin

Couple things I think help are: Never using straps for DL, warming up as long as you can until you have to switch to mix or hook, doing sets of 6-8 in the 65-80% range double overhand. 

Ive been doing my deficit stiff legs with 315+ for 6-8 the past couple months and it has definitely helped. 

All good tips. I was being over dramatic lol

I always warm up double overhand, but do all my working sets as hook grip.

Think I'll start adding in the sets of 6-8 in that range after my working sets to improve the double overhand.

When i played football in highschool i didnt even know over under grip existed for my first 3 years.

Our strength and conditioning coach never taught it to us and never let us use it.

So when we'd do max tests all it was straight overhand

It was really annoying cause we figured it out like Junior yr and automatically had 50+ pounds on our maxes but still wasnt allowed to use it

So i was DLing 425 beltless double over hand 
mean.gif

Most of us in the 400's and 1 in the 500's use to miss lifts that we could easily have gotten based purely on grip

a lot of dudes that are aesthetic (even bigger aesthetic dudes) if you put a shirt on it doesnt even look like you lift unless you put a really fitted shirt on.

Skinny neck/ lack of traps have a lot to do with this IMO.

Last edited:
He needs a cheeseburger quick. 

Put a t shirt on and he looks below average. To each his own though, great conditioning. 

C'mon bro... :lol:

Not everybody wants to be 225+ with a sweatpants and hoodie wardrobe.

I need to start using the hook grip consistently. I abandon it way too much. Don't really use it on DL's. I overhand until I hit 3 wheels, mix grip after that.

Back
Top Bottom