STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

315 for 5, 5, 4, 4,

Come Feb...im going after 405 beltless strapless (I'm 185lbs)

You got it bro.
I got 365 today for 5. EDIt wrong math
then 405 for 3 (PR)
I'm 187 waking up 191 end of the day.

took me a while. now im working on depth and sets...

Chest tomm. !!!

Last edited:
I feel extra sore from yesterday's workout, which is weird because I honestly didn't think it was that hard. I'm just going to sleep in and work out later.

Hit 375 for a PR yesterday. Did a lot of working sets so might have a little more if i get up there quicker. 

thx for the roller input guys!

More info on the pvc pls :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
Its much harder and more rigid than foam, some people prefer them over foam rollers because of how firm they are and they won't wear out. Supposedly work better as well.

Go to your local home depot and buy a 6" diameter pvc pipe, 4' long. Done.

Did some searching and there was a lot of DIY projects adding all kinds of crap... Just wanted to confirm there was NTers who did it bare :evil:

Its much harder and more rigid than foam, some people prefer them over foam rollers because of how firm they are and they won't wear out. Supposedly work better as well.

Well PVC pipe is extremely cheap so I'll give it a try before shelling out 50+ on a foam roller from amazon :lol:

Thanks everyone!

thats good **** man. This is a lot of my problem. Yesterday for legs day though everything felt good so i did just the bar for 10 then i did 135 for 10 then i did 225 for 8 then went right to 315.

Normally i will do another 5-6 in there at 275 or so. Then when i pyramid down i do 3x8 at 225 when i am done at 315 just to burn out then 15 at 135 or until i can't breath :lol:

But i always wonder how i would structure it for a 1rm. Like work to 315 then just start doing singles? 315 - 335 - 365 - 405?

But i always wonder how i would structure it for a 1rm. Like work to 315 then just start doing singles? 315 - 335 - 365 - 405?
If your goal is 405 then I would do something like:

Bar x 10-15

135 x 8-10

225 x 5

275 x 3

315 x 1

365x1

405 x 1

I jump straight from 135 to 225 so you could hit 185 if you wanted to.

Basically you want to be ready for a 1rm attempt but don't over do it warming up. It also depends on what your previous max was,.

Last edited:
Yea, back squats.

Bar x 10-15

135 x 8-10

225 x 5

275 x 3

315 x 1

365x1

405 x 1

Basically you want to be ready for a 1rm attempt but don't over do it warming up. It also depends on what your previous max was,.
This right here. If i'm working towards a 1rm, then i'm jumping pretty quickly towards my previous 1rm. I usually base it off percentages once i get into the working sets, starting around 60-70% after a warm up and a few at 135.

I still don't understand how I'm 5'7 192 lbs SMH. It's not a lot of water weight - nor am I that strong nor do I look fat. I don't really care about the number on the scale but when I check just to measure my progress, it blows my mind every time. Always a sign that I need to step up my discipline and diet.

Bar x 10-15
135 x 8-10
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 1
365x1
405 x 1

Jking, this is what i did, except I went to 185 first to losen my hips up.
plus I was not as confident to get 405 so my original goal was just to rep 365.

185 got me more loose, so going to that first for 5 boosted my confidence for 225-275
then I just went from 275 to 365 with the goal of only getting 1. got 5.
then was just like f it. and went for 405

Last edited:
It's the weirdest thing.. At random moments I'll be walking or just standing and I get this sharp pain that starts at my *** and travels either up my spine or down to my knee. It'll stop me in my tracks of a minute and then it'll go away.

My sister thinks it might be nerve impingement. If this doesn't go away in a couple weeks, I might have to see a doctor =/

Anyone ever have any experience with this?

Last edited:
It's the weirdest thing.. At random moments I'll be walking or just standing and I get this sharp pain that starts at my *** and travels either up my spine or down to my knee. It'll stop me in my tracks of a minute and then it'll go away.

My sister thinks it might be nerve impingement. If this doesn't go away in a couple weeks, I might have to see a doctor =/

Dude... please go get that checked out ASAP. I know a dude who had those same sharp pains, and one day out of the blue collapsed and is now paralyzed for life. Those nerves don't play around

I had something similar (mentioned it before here). Herniated a disc in my L4-L5 region. Butt all the way down to the back of my knee hurt (left side). Felt like a charlie horse except 10x worse. Get that checked out ASAP (MRI preferably). **** is not fun to deal with. 

I had something similar (mentioned it before here). Herniated a disc in my L4-L5 region. Butt all the way down to the back of my knee hurt (left side). Felt like a charlie horse except 10x worse. Get that checked out ASAP (MRI preferably). **** is not fun to deal with. 

My problem is on the left side too.

How long did you get back to lifting?

I just don't understand how I could've herniated my disc. I lifted on Friday. I felt fine. Saturday, Sunday, I didn't lift. And then the pain started on Monday =/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom