STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Been doing IF for a week. Gave in and ate during my fast period today.

So much hunger, man.

I've been running 5/3/1 for a longtime now, but I've been hearing so much stuff about the westside barbell stuff. Someone school me.
Westside is for geared lifters mainly (squat suit, bench shirt). They use a lot of resistance training with bands, chains etc. The training is split up into a max effort day and a speed day, with low frequency.

I wouldn't suggest doing it if you train raw and are natural. I would just stick to simple progressive overloading and use this chart.

Westside is for geared lifters mainly (squat suit, bench shirt). They use a lot of resistance training with bands, chains etc. The training is split up into a max effort day and a speed day, with low frequency.

I wouldn't suggest doing it if you train raw and are natural. I would just stick to simple progressive overloading and use this chart.

Thanks. Guess I'll just keep running 531

:nerd:

What's your window? You eating enough?

It alright, it ain't going to hurt you. I eat past my window in the weekend.

Well I'm cutting pretty hard right now. Maintenance is about 3,000 cals for me and I've been eating at about 2,100-2,300 cals per day. Thats why I'm so hungry :lol:

I'm just gonna try and keep going tomorrow, most days I can handle it but today I woke up with an ungodly hunger.

What if it was only one person? Mind = blown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm cutting pretty hard right now. Maintenance is about 3,000 cals for me and I've been eating at about 2,100-2,300 cals per day. Thats why I'm so hungry :lol:

I'm just gonna try and keep going tomorrow, most days I can handle it but today I woke up with an ungodly hunger.
What if it was only one person? Mind = blown.

Not matter what there would be at least two people.

1. The crossfit vegan atheist

2. The bartender

If anything, crossfitters tend to be the opposite of atheists :lol:

"Lift for Him"

"I do this for god"

etc. etc.

Incorrect stereotype

The Vegan stereotype is wrong too, that's like the opposite of the paleo diet

Or is this part of the joke?

Last edited:

"Lift for Him"

"I do this for god"

etc. etc.

Incorrect stereotype

The irony

"Lift for Him"

"I do this for god"

etc. etc.

Incorrect stereotype

I wouldn't take it even remotely serious brah :lol:

BPI is a known protein and popular on BB

i dont care for it tho

not sure about the others

Recently been back in the gym. Haven't really been eating but 3 light meals a day. Working out 2-4 days a week for 3 months not serious since I got my new job. I been going everyday for a week after work and I'm surprised by how I retained my strength. Finally able to bench 185 for 5 reps with no spot... I weigh 115 BTW... I'm looking to bench 195 or even 2 plates. What shocks me is that my bench improved but my db chest press has declined I used to hit 65-70lbs easy. Now 65 lb are a struggle sometimes. I need help reaching goals man. And also my chest is not even developing like I want it too. Its been at a plateau. Any suggestions to get a more rounder and fuller chest and more rounder shoulders with big arms?

Last edited:
Recently been back in the gym. Haven't really been eating but 3 light meals a day. Working out 2-4 days a week for 3 months not serious since I got my new job. I been going everyday for a week after work and I'm surprised by how I retained my strength. Finally able to bench 185 for 5 reps with no spot... I weigh 115 BTW... I'm looking to bench 195 or even 2 plates. What shocks me is that my bench improved but my db chest press has declined I used to hit 65-70lbs easy. Now 65 lb are a struggle sometimes. I need help reaching goals man. And also my chest is not even developing like I want it too. Its been at a plateau. Any suggestions to get a more rounder and fuller chest and more rounder shoulders with big arms?
Yeah don't weigh 115 pounds. I almost don't believe you lol 

Lol I told y'all once. And y'all didn't believe me. I still weigh the same from 5 months ago. Haven't been bulking. I told y'all I was only 5 ft tall n y'all didn't believe me either. Posted pics y'all still didn't believe me.

anyone here have experience with carb backloading? I've read a few articles on it but wanted some opinions from you gents. 

Grab a hot whole chicken, french bread and some ranch and grub. I'm 6'2 275 solid. Would love to be 185 solid just like I was outta HS. Tired of the bulky feel and miss the quickness if that makes sense.

Grab a hot whole chicken, french bread and some ranch and grub. I'm 6'2 275 solid. Would love to be 185 solid just like I was outta HS. Tired of the bulky feel and miss the quickness if that makes sense.
i was tired of the bulky feel too. But I was not bulky just a Lil more rounder in the shoulders and chest. But I still weighed the same 115. I'm looking to build lean muscles and have more rounder shoulders and chest to fill out. When I was more bulkier. It was hard for me to breathe but I felt stronger then too. Even at 115 now a Lil more slim I can lift the same weight but not the same. Idk if that make sense. I just need tips on getting more lean muscles. Its been like a year for me working out solid

Also not working out consistently for 3-4 months like I use too. I'm not sure if I lost muscles or fat too since I eat less now. I use to can eat 4000-5000 calories a day. Now I can't even eat that much. Man my body is weird cause I weight the same but look less bulky and still can lift the same as back then but not to the full extent. My endurance fell hard.

Also not working out consistently for 3-4 months like I use too. I'm not sure if I lost muscles or fat too since I eat less now. I use to can eat 4000-5000 calories a day. Now I can't even eat that much. Man my body is weird cause I weight the same but look less bulky and still can lift the same as back then but not to the full extent. My endurance fell hard.

How tall are you? 115 seems very underweight

Back
Top Bottom