STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Damn. At 31 I'm one of the old men in the group.
I'm with you. 31 yrs old too.

I was finally able to hit 315 for my 1MR at 178lbs. When I was around 25, my 1MR was 325 at 160lbs
sick.gif
but my lifting goals have changed since then

^ I feel you on that. Hardest part is maintaining strength. I'm almost wrapping up week 7 on my cut and so far kept most of my strength.

Dont understand how these dudes make so much money

i see a few of these roided up dudes on IG with large bank but i dont see how they are making it :lol:

LVFT (Live fit) is their clothing brand that apparently is huge now.

Other IG dudes prolly have other businesses or successful in their field. Most of those dudes probablt arent living the life they are portraying on IG anyways though.

Devin Physique dude or whatever

i followed dude a year or two ago. Now hes a sneker head with yeezys and what not. Just bought a GTR got it matter white, bought a new ford Raptor got it matte white. got a new bike.

when i followed dude, he was wearing some cheap crappy kicks everyday in his pics,

dude def got money somewhere some how

yeah he grew up in my city and used to work out at my 24 hour fitness before he got insta famous. still drops in every now and then. dude is like 5'4 :lol: always wondered how they made money off being a sponsored athlete.

Couple of questions. How can I check my form on squat if I'm alone? Do I record it with my phone or can I get a mirror?
Second is how do I improve grip strength? My body can handle the weight on deadlifts but my grip is the weak point.
Thanks in advance

Couple of questions. How can I check my form on squat if I'm alone? Do I record it with my phone or can I get a mirror?
Second is how do I improve grip strength? My body can handle the weight on deadlifts but my grip is the weak point.
Thanks in advance

Prop your phone up on something to record your squat.

Get chalk for your deadlifts. I thought my grip was a limiting factor too, but chalk solved that. If you're already using chalk, farmer's walks and just pull more.

You can do mixed grip or use chalk for a "quick fix".
Is mixed grip one over and the other under?

Thanks in advance

Prop your phone up on something to record your squat.

Get chalk for your deadlifts. I thought my grip was a limiting factor too, but chalk solved that. If you're already using chalk, farmer's walks and just pull more.
I got some liquid grip on order since I want to cut down on the mess

Chalk really does solve all grip issues.  I thought my grip was weak and it was worsened by dem sweaty palms, but with chalk my grip has never failed.  Even while constantly increasing weight and only sacrificing a single rep here and there for reasons other than grip.

Chalk isn't really messy to be honest.  I keep my block of chalk in a ziploc bag and just dip my hands in it before the lift, minimal mess nothing a wet paper towel cant clean up.

I usually just put my phone up somewhere that gets a good angle to record my squat to see how I'm doing. This is a vid from earlier today, I'm in my second week of 5/3/1 so my lifts are all different percentages of my 1 rep maxes depending on which workout and which week I'm on.

As for grip, try farmers carries and hangs.

Back
Top Bottom