STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

its above the kneecap
i haven't played ball or soccer in 3 weeks and have no pain on leg days, unless i do alot of weighted lunges then i can feel it slightly on my 3rd set

to warm up i do stretching and light jogging
i lift regularly
diet is not the best but been eating plenty of eggs and protein, not much vitamin D tho :stoneface: yogurt once in a blue moon
sleep around 6ish a night
I started hooping again after 2+ years off. When I was last playing I could go all out with no ill effects after previous injuries. I had been going to the gym and hitting leg extensions for months before I started playing again, always avoided them in the past. Ran a few games and my right knee was ON FIRE. It was like I was back to square one with the pain, stiffness and swelling.

Long story short, cop some cissus and take it everyday. I was still hooping and thugging thru the pain for like 3 weeks and one day I got back home and realized all the pain and stiffness was gone even tho I was still hitting extensions, Bulgarians etc. Highly recommended

:lol:

i didn't mention hitting legs
i hit legs 2/3 times per week
but i'm talking strictly intense running from basketball/soccer games

My bad, I assumed if you had sharp knee pain in both knees after hooping you wouldn't be squatting/deadlifting during that time.
hubie.png

It's tucking your chin in, which will end up bringing your head down.
skip1.png

Not sure why you'd want to front squat with your head up, but my back squat cues =/= my front squat cues, and even my high-bar cues are somewhat different from my low-bar cues. I've recently improved my form by bringing my eyes up when I LBS, which has caused my head to pull down.

Again, a side view. It will show if your spine is neutral or not. IMO side profiles are better than any other angle for making form checks on skwats, you can see everything except the lateral position of both knees.

I have a wingspan of 6'8", so I kinda know what having long arms and front squatting in the double front rack position is like. (I use both grips btw.)

yea, my wingspan is a lil over 6’8” too @ about 5’11” - 6’1” on a good day depending on the footwear 😂, i have never low bar squatted but i would think it would be even more important to tilt your head up 🤷🏿‍♂️ maybe looking up is enough?

both grips for front squat?

its above the kneecap
i haven't played ball or soccer in 3 weeks and have no pain on leg days, unless i do alot of weighted lunges then i can feel it slightly on my 3rd set

to warm up i do stretching and light jogging
i lift regularly
diet is not the best but been eating plenty of eggs and protein, not much vitamin D tho :stoneface: yogurt once in a blue moon
sleep around 6ish a night

how many trips around the sun for you? & what do you weigh? what’s your footwear of choice for hoop? you might just be doing too much gang (especially if you do a lot of jogging, jogging is kinda the worst of both running & walking, not that intense but still kinda rough on joints)…vitamin d (and collagen/collagen peptides) supplementation would maybe help with joint pain if you really are deficient but above the knee might be pfp (patella femoral pain) in which case maybe try doing some isometric holds at joints angles that are free of pain

Last edited:
So my chest muscles look pretty good but when i wear a fitter shirt i look more like this:
IMG_1088.jpeg

Fitted or modern shirts are narrower so it makes that “boob” look scrunched up.
It looks like i have side boobs lol. I dont like that kind of chest ^

I would prefer a chest more like this:
IMG_1087.jpeg

What exercises should i use to get more of the latter chest.
Should i just cut more? Should i do more butterfly dumbells? More dips? Lower weights with more reps? I was also thinking of doing more incline press so the top of my chest pulls the rest of chest up.

Any advice is appreciated.

nothing you can do about that. thats just muscle insertion and genetics.

unless youre confusing your pecs with fat lol

based on what you posted (pictures of other men) and what you described, that would appear to be genetics my boy

Not much you can do about that, it's the way your muscle fibers are attached to your frame.

Some guys have the super rounded outer pecs and some guys have the more angular sharp outer pecs.

Just like long and short biceps, guys have one or the other.

yea, my wingspan is a lil over 6’8” too @ about 5’11” - 6’1” on a good day depending on the footwear 😂, i have never low bar squatted but i would think it would be even more important to tilt your head up 🤷🏿‍♂️ maybe looking up is enough?

Yes, both grips for fronts: cross grip and clean grip.

And not, you don't want to tilt your head up, you want your head down when you low bar squat. At least I don't.

So my chest muscles look pretty good but when i wear a fitter shirt i look more like this:
IMG_1088.jpeg

Fitted or modern shirts are narrower so it makes that “boob” look scrunched up.
It looks like i have side boobs lol. I dont like that kind of chest ^

I would prefer a chest more like this:
IMG_1087.jpeg

What exercises should i use to get more of the latter chest.
Should i just cut more? Should i do more butterfly dumbells? More dips? Lower weights with more reps? I was also thinking of doing more incline press so the top of my chest pulls the rest of chest up.

Any advice is appreciated.

I started hooping again after 2+ years off. When I was last playing I could go all out with no ill effects after previous injuries. I had been going to the gym and hitting leg extensions for months before I started playing again, always avoided them in the past. Ran a few games and my right knee was ON FIRE. It was like I was back to square one with the pain, stiffness and swelling.

Long story short, cop some cissus and take it everyday. I was still hooping and thugging thru the pain for like 3 weeks and one day I got back home and realized all the pain and stiffness was gone even tho I was still hitting extensions, Bulgarians etc. Highly recommended

very interesting, am copping this right now thanks mate

how many trips around the sun for you? & what do you weigh? what’s your footwear of choice for hoop? you might just be doing too much gang (especially if you do a lot of jogging, jogging is kinda the worst of both running & walking, not that intense but still kinda rough on joints)…vitamin d (and collagen/collagen peptides) supplementation would maybe help with joint pain if you really are deficient but above the knee might be pfp (patella femoral pain) in which case maybe try doing some isometric holds at joints angles that are free of pain
31 trips around the sun which is surprising
im 195 and strictly hoop in kobes and recently started wearing sabrina's to the gym
I think it might have been a combo of too much, cuz i would hoop after working out like im in the league and then also on concrete is tougher.
ima try those supplements and also try those isometric holds more often, i do them on leg days but will maybe do it on non leg days too
my legs strong but gotta get the knees or specific tendons/muscles around it right

appreciate everyones help

😎 going to look into this! not saying the cissus did not contribute but it shouldn’t be surprising that after taking a couple years off from basketball runs that going a few games would cook you(r knee) almost regardless of whatever else you were doing in the gym, hoop is its own thing it…it also could be the case that after getting back to it over the course of that few weeks you (and your body) automatically starting to adapt and/or regulate to some degree to being back active playing especially as you were already doing some things to prep

Yes, both grips for fronts: cross grip and clean grip.

And not, you don't want to tilt your head up, you want your head down when you low bar squat. At least I don't.

cross grip is the folded arms position? have you ever done zombie squats?

31 trips around the sun which is surprising
im 195 and strictly hoop in kobes and recently started wearing sabrina's to the gym
I think it might have been a combo of too much, cuz i would hoop after working out like im in the league and then also on concrete is tougher.
ima try those supplements and also try those isometric holds more often, i do them on leg days but will maybe do it on non leg days too
my legs strong but gotta get the knees or specific tendons/muscles around it right

appreciate everyones help

yea if you are hooping too tough in the same block of time after lifting that can deffo be rough, if you really have to do both you probably want to hoop 1st, it’s definitely going to hurt your lifts tho, if you really trying to go full my player mode for the run (might want to consider a more cushioned setup than the kob’s/sabrina joints) and for sure make sure the hydration is on point…the supplements might help but they aren’t magic, look into isometrics for knee pain

knew i was going to jump so added caffeine to the preworkout mix for the 1st time in a couple months, felt like i could have pr’d front squats 345 felt kinda light & the improved front rack position definitely helped, weighed in @ about 245 after the session so probably was in the 250s to start the morning after weighing in the mid 230s the week before last 😮‍💨

Back
Top Bottom