STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I would have told them dudes to **** off

I never have those problems and I go to a commercial gym, but it isn't full of bro douche bags

I've had a few girls ask if they could work in during my squats. I don't mind taking the weights on/off if the person working in helps out but this one time some girl mistook 35s for 45s. I'm glad I caught it before tryna get into my set.

I had a client a few years ago who was squatting around 135 to 165 for reps and she said this guy asked to work in with her one time but he was basically trying hit on her the whole time. Except in between her sets they had to strip the 45s off so he could put on 25s and squat 95lbs. She said it was kind of a turn-off that she had to keep stripping her weights for him to squat while he was trying to ask her out. I give the dude credit tho.

BroScientists....

Usually when I get home from the gym my fam is eating dinner (usually a sufficient amount of meat)

Is it ok if I eat with them and have a whey protein shake later on? (Usually put milk and Greek yogurt in it too for some casein, and peanut butter.)

BroScientists....

Usually when I get home from the gym my fam is eating dinner (usually a sufficient amount of meat)

Is it ok if I eat with them and have a whey protein shake later on? (Usually put milk and Greek yogurt in it too for some casein, and peanut butter.)

Oh my god, don't do that. Are you trying to not make any gainz?

BroScientists....

Yes it is. No bro science is required here.

^^^^When people say "for reps" I always take it to mean when they make the weight look like a warmup

If you're getting 2 reps at most, that's basically a near max effort so not "for reps"

If i'm being Captain Obvious, forgive me :lol:

Last edited:
I'll never understand the "for reps"

Anything more than 1 is "reps"

Everything on NT is "for reps"

I had a client a few years ago who was squatting around 135 to 165 for reps and she said this guy asked to work in with her one time but he was basically trying hit on her the whole time. Except in between her sets they had to strip the 45s off so he could put on 25s and squat 95lbs. She said it was kind of a turn-off that she had to keep stripping her weights for him to squat while he was trying to ask her out. I give the dude credit tho.

Dang, that guy has balls. I'd be completely embarrassed if I were him. Sorta reminds me of a guy in my gym I see once in a while. He's got Romaleos, knee sleeves, and an Inzer belt but he struggles to squat 135 and with poor form to boot. No hate, I just think it's funny he spent all that money on gear before getting his technique down. He's got a huge upper body too, just looks funny to me.

Hm, could be. Didn't think of that. At least he's not squatting with the Smith Machine.

What's wrong with squatting with the smith machine. When those weighted barbells are usually taken, the 50 or 55 lb ones, I usually use the smith machine and load up on two 10's. I also like it since my lifting partner doesn't have to spot me on it compared to the barbell.

Smith machine is lulz.

Real talk though, was pushing hard at the gym last night and during a heavy set benching I felt a pop and a huge headache after. Threw me off for the rest of my workout. :lol:

Probably the lack of water and the fact I hadnt eaten for a few hours but jeez, anyone ever had an exertion headache?

What's wrong with squatting with the smith machine. When those weighted barbells are usually taken, the 50 or 55 lb ones, I usually use the smith machine and load up on two 10's. I also like it since my lifting partner doesn't have to spot me on it compared to the barbell.

Smith machine squat isn't a squat. It's basically a modified hack squat at best. There's no need to stabilize the bar. While your range of motion, strength and control should be symmetrical from left leg to right to properly barbell squat, most people have some little bit of difference and the barbell squat can be more forgiving in that regard. Smith machine isn't, so as you get into more demanding loads, it can create some torque on either your knees, hips or spine. It's not the end of the world to do it "for reps" but it doesn't really substitute a squat.

Saw one of my clients last night waiting for like FOREVER for a squat rack and couldn't catch a break and he eventually settled for Smith Machine Squats. I'd rather he do lunges or RFE squats but I'll talk to him about it next time I see him. I was with a different client so I couldn't leave to talk to him.

Smith machine is lulz.

Real talk though, was pushing hard at the gym last night and during a heavy set benching I felt a pop and a huge headache after. Threw me off for the rest of my workout.
laugh.gif

Probably the lack of water and the fact I hadnt eaten for a few hours but jeez, anyone ever had an exertion headache?
Comes from not breathing properly. Take some big deep breaths if it happens, that usually help.

Find the biggest 2 guys in your gym, have them pick each end of the bar up and sit it on your back.

Smith machine lol

Back
Top Bottom