STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

My shoulder limits my bench as we man, have had a bad rotator cuff for months. Ill go 185 and top out at that, 205 if im feeling good. Im only 155lbs so thats not terrible.

Anyone feel as if their incline is stronger than their flat bench? Ive always had strong shoulders, im thinking of doing incline bench first then flat.

So I've been doing what you guys told me. I dropped the bench press over the last week and I've been cranking out pushups.

Still haven't gone back to the bench, but damn, my pushup game is strong now.

I might hold out even longer and see where this goes.

I have no idea what caused this, but this morning I managed to squat 365 for two singles after my initial plans of 2x1 at 355lbs. All I really do for legs is squat heavy and intervals on the treadmill for cardio with no assistance exercises so I'm not sure why it's increasing like this. I'm not complaining, though.

Last edited:
So I've been doing what you guys told me. I dropped the bench press over the last week and I've been cranking out pushups.

I have no idea what caused this, but I this morning I managed to squat 365 for two singles after my initial plans of 2x1 at 355lbs. All I really do for legs is squat heavy and intervals on the treadmill for cardio with no assistance exercises so I'm not sure why it's increasing like this. I'm not complaining, though.

Both of these :lol:

Nice :pimp:. Let us know your progress whenever you get back to da bench

Anyone feel as if their incline is stronger than their flat bench? Ive always had strong shoulders, im thinking of doing incline bench first then flat.
i've been rehabbing my shoulder with rotator cuff exercises and started from the ground up on flat bench. father-in-law helped me with some form issues. shoulder pain on flat bench has been significantly reduced and i'm slowly working my way up with 5x5 by increasing the weight steadily each week. it's been a long term process.

I have no idea what caused this, but I this morning I managed to squat 365 for two singles after my initial plans of 2x1 at 355lbs. All I really do for legs is squat heavy and intervals on the treadmill for cardio with no assistance exercises so I'm not sure why it's increasing like this. I'm not complaining, though.

Both of these :lol:

Push ups got me weak.

I'm over here flourishing, b :pimp:

Nice :pimp:. Let us know your progress whenever you get back to da bench

I think Ima start back up my next upper body day and see where I am.

I left wake up with push ups on my mind :lol:

Last edited:
I just realized that I'm almost in the 1000lb club.

Squat: 355 for two singles
Deadlift: 425 for two singles
Bench: close-grip, max of 215.

Yeah, my bench is cursed. It doesn't help that I can't bench with a wide grip without shoulder pain. I've been doing pause/speed reps at a lighter weight for a bit; I notice my chest is much more sore with these.

Bruh we basically have identical numbers. I am 6 foot 180-185 lbs. I squat 365 max and deadlift 415. My bench max is 205 :lol:
My right shoulder is horrible and the curse of long arms. Bench has just never been my thing. But i have been shooting for 1000lbs total for about a year now. But i have soccer 2 days a week now so i am taking a hiatus.

Goals
405 squat
455 DL
don't care about bench :lol: (225 though..just want two plates)

Props to whoever suggested this, copped at Target straight crack. i usually just throw a banana in or use sugar free syrup. Tastes damn good.

Back
Top Bottom