STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

i COMPLETELY disagree.

He's NATURAL btw.
iLLest!

word lol There is no such thing as bad food, thats what people fail to realize, what makes people fat is because people are eating insane amounts of calories. Eating 5 nuggets every day isnt gonna get you fat, eating 20 nuggets a day wont make you fat, its all about your macros and amount of calories you take in and burn in a day.

Never tried almond milk before, I'll try to pick it up this weekend? What brand do you recommend?
I was going to add http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3523715&cp=3703232 as my protein scoop.
Terrible leg workout today. Started off with the box jumps and felt drained after 3 sets. Moved over to the Leg presses then felt like throwing up. Went home after the workout and passed out for 2 hours. :smh:|I :lol:

bruh dont give GNC your money, 77 bucks for 3lbs of protein :x

I've been meaning to look into other brands. That was from a left over batch I've had for a while. Muscle Pharm has a 4 lb with 25g per serving, 1 scoop.

http://www.musclepharm.com/products/combat

i hate that stone age way of thinking. "chicken, brown rice, and veggies EVERYDAY IF YOU WANT TO BE FIT!". no, thats not true.

if you want some chipotle then go get some chipotle. eat what you want aslong as it fits within your goals and train hard as f.

personally, chipotle is nasty as f. if you want a real burrito you need to come here to the mission in SF. chipotle is like mcdonalds version of mexican food. :x

Last edited:
Chioptle must be the official body builder spot lol, Im gonna go one of these days, they are always packed though. Still guys dont sleep on Panda Express lol with both Chipotle and Panda express I dont think it is optimal having it more than 1-2 times a week or on days you didnt lift because the crazy sodium will have you holding water until the next workout/drink more water to flush it.

Lettuce wrap and hot and sour soup is my go to panda express lunch.

1k calories a meal isn't that crazy. I eat more than that sometimes. I have to eat 2.7k calories to avoid losing weight and continue making gains.

I follow IIFYM so there is no clean or dirty foods to me. If it hits my macros, it's fine. I work out so I can eat what I want. I don't workout for competition, except against myself.

Anyone here make their own smoothies?

I tried one called "Muscle Mass" its "Blueberry Pineapple w/ Mass Building Amino Acids" from the Nrgizer bar at LA Fitness. Its so damn good but $5 and I have to add $1 for every 15grams of protein.

Can someone recommend me some good amino acids in powder form. I'd to try and make my own blend.
Now you're speaking my language.

My staple:

8 - 12 oz unsweetened almond milk (basically eyeball it)
1 frozen banana (you can go as high as 2 if you like)
handful of blueberries
1 serving peanut butter
6 oz of your favorite greek yogurt or 1 scoop protein powder

Your taste buds will thank me.
laugh.gif

The nutrition aspect of this whole thing is my favorite as it's a fascinating journey to discover different ways to consume clean calories.
Never tried almond milk before, I'll try to pick it up this weekend? What brand do you recommend?

I was going to add http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3523715&cp=3703232 as my protein scoop.

Terrible leg workout today. Started off with the box jumps and felt drained after 3 sets. Moved over to the Leg presses then felt like throwing up. Went home after the workout and passed out for 2 hours.
mean.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif
I like Blue Diamond the best.  Good stuff.  Eventually I'm going to get to the point where I start making my own, though.

Any decent protein powder will do.  I prefer Gold Standard (Optimum Nutrition).  Good price, good amount of BCAA's per serving, and not a lot of filler crap.

Is doing 5X10 CLose lat Pulls and 5X10 Wide LAt pulls doing the most? or should I cut it down to 5x5 of each? I've only been doing 5X10 Close grip and just from doing it for 3 weeks Ise my LAts spreading, but Iike I may be missing out not doing both.

Chioptle must be the official body builder spot lol, Im gonna go one of these days, they are always packed though. Still guys dont sleep on Panda Express lol with both Chipotle and Panda express I dont think it is optimal having it more than 1-2 times a week or on days you didnt lift because the crazy sodium will have you holding water until the next workout/drink more water to flush it.

Lettuce wrap and hot and sour soup is my go to panda express lunch.

Actually that's PF changs.

Any recommendations for blenders? I want to start making some healthy drinks and shakes. We have so many vegetables and fruits that go to waste in my house. The nutri-bullet is very pricey. I searched join Amazon and saw a bunch of blenders for around $60.

Yo i need some advice. After playing alot of ball my toes get blisters how do prevent it?

i COMPLETELY disagree.

He's NATURAL btw.
iLLest!

He is also at a very low body fat percentage and has been doing this for well over 5 STRAIGHT years. He can get away with stuff that someone who is starting out can't. His metabolism is also beast so he doesn't really count lol

The whole food argument is subjective if you think of it as IIFYMs but do you see Jay, Phil or Kai eating out because they can and fits their macros? I don't think so, might be an extreme example but still. I enjoy cooking and knowing exactly what I'm eating, cheat meals are different but I'll stick to home cooking. I still don't believe you sweat out all the sodium you eat from those places personally.

And I'm just talking in terms of cutting, if your bulking more power to you, enjoy that burrito 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
He is also at a very low body fat percentage and has been doing this for well over 5 STRAIGHT years. He can get away with stuff that someone who is starting out can't. His metabolism is also beast so he doesn't really count lol

The whole food argument is subjective if you think of it as IIFYMs but do you see Jay, Phil or Kai eating out because they can and fits their macros? I don't think so, might be an extreme example but still. I enjoy cooking and knowing exactly what I'm eating, cheat meals are different but I'll stick to home cooking. I still don't believe you sweat out all the sodium you eat from those places personally.

And I'm just talking in terms of cutting, if your bulking more power to you, enjoy that burrito :lol:

Can't compare us to those guys. Obviously they are taking a lot more than just protein and creatine. :rolleyes You can cut without making your life miserable. You can eat whatever you want aslong as it's in moderation and you have adjusted your macros to fit that meal. For example, I had sizzlers(steak, lobster and baked potatoe) the other day and to accommodate that I adjusted my breakfast and my lunch appropriately and still was left with 200 cals extra by the end of the day. You can't do this everyday, but here and there should be no issues. Personally I eat clean the entire week and then on the weekends I adjust everything so I can eat whatever I like.

Last edited:

And I'm just talking in terms of cutting, if your bulking more power to you, enjoy that burrito :lol:

I mean I think everyne knows its common sense that you shouldnt eat out every day, but more so saying "so and so is bad" just isnt true. Plain and simple if a 1k burito fits into your daily caloric goal of say 2000 calories, you are still gonna meet your goal. The only time getting nit picky about thiings like Sodium in take and such is if you are prepping for Competition.

Any recommendations for blenders? I want to start making some healthy drinks and shakes. We have so many vegetables and fruits that go to waste in my house. The nutri-bullet is very pricey. I searched join Amazon and saw a bunch of blenders for around $60.

I've been looking into this for a few weeks because I want to make fruit/vegetable smoothies, amp up my protein shakes, make homemade almond butter etc...

To be honest with you, the only blenders that most reviews say can handle that workload and LAST is a Blendtec and a Vitamix. Bad news is we're talking at minimum $300+

I've decided to wait until tax return to cop. Not that I don't have the money, it's just hard to watch that money fly out of the account for a BLENDER!!

I'm sure there are other alternatives out there... But the last thing I want is a chunky vegetable/fruit smoothie.... I know I won't continue drinking them if I can't chug them down easily.

That probably didn't answer your question, but that question was right in my wheelhouse at the moment.

i COMPLETELY disagree.

He's NATURAL btw.
iLLest!

word lol There is no such thing as bad food, thats what people fail to realize, what makes people fat is because people are eating insane amounts of calories. Eating 5 nuggets every day isnt gonna get you fat, eating 20 nuggets a day wont make you fat, its all about your macros and amount of calories you take in and burn in a day.

Dude, youve got a lot to learn about exercise and nutrition.

Just because someones "not fat" doesnt mean theyre healthy.

There ARE bad foods. Period. What you put into your body has a direct correlation with what comes through on the outside.

No hate here, you really need to quit focusing on supplements and all that ****, and start gaining actual knowledge and understanding on nutrition and exercise. The IIFYM is a great concept, but its not a blanket phrase that everything falls into neatly.

I mean I think everyne knows its common sense that you shouldnt eat out every day, but more so saying "so and so is bad" just isnt true. Plain and simple if a 1k burito fits into your daily caloric goal of say 2000 calories, you are still gonna meet your goal. The only time getting nit picky about thiings like Sodium in take and such is if you are prepping for Competition.

Do us all a favor and try it as a science experiment. Eat half of your macros from a burrito every day and tell us how you feel after a week, 2 weeks. Youll be singing a different tune than you are now.

Theres SO much more to this than just supplements and macros.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano  

Can't compare us to those guys. Obviously they are taking a lot more than just protein and creatine.
eyes.gif
You can cut without making your life miserable. You can eat whatever you want aslong as it's in moderation and you have adjusted your macros to fit that meal. For example, I had sizzlers(steak, lobster and baked potatoe) the other day and to accommodate that I adjusted my breakfast and my lunch appropriately and still was left with 200 cals extra by the end of the day. You can't do this everyday, but here and there should be no issues. Personally I eat clean the entire week and then on the weekends I adjust everything so I can eat whatever I like.
I'm comparing their diet not their supplements, they are not the same obviously. I don't make my life miserable while on a cut, I've got it down pretty good and still meet my goals and not be starving at the end of the day. The only point I'm trying to make is you do not know what is in these food from fast food places, simple as that. But just like whatever lifting routine you do or anything in life it's your body so do what you want.

Also just because you go workout or run after you eat a burrito =/= you burning all of it off and still meeting your daily needs.

Last edited:
There ARE bad foods. Period. What you put into your body has a direct correlation with what comes through on the outside.
No hate here, you really need to quit focusing on supplements and all that ****, and start gaining actual knowledge and understanding on nutrition and exercise. The IIFYM is a great concept, but its not a blanket phrase that everything falls into neatly.
Do us all a favor and try it as a science experiment. Eat half of your macros from a burrito every day and tell us how you feel after a week, 2 weeks. Youll be singing a different tune than you are now.

who's relying on supplements? Nobody is saying eat Fried Chicken every day.

Tell me how Rice, Meat , Veggies, wrapped in a Tortilla is "bad" food? You sound dumb.

Dudes got life messed up if you on some never eat out crap, like I sated earlier EAT WHAT THE HELL YOU WANT IF IT MEETS YOUR MACROS!.

Tell me how Macros arent important? Heck they are the deciding factor almost if you want to say what is healthy and what isnt.

Dudes talking like to be healthy all you can eat is grilled chicken and crap. Next you're going to tell me Steak is unhealthy.

If I had a 1k calorie Burrito I could split it in half and eat it as 2 meals or eat it in one sitting 1k calories is 1k calories.

Let me guess you think eating 5 times a day is optimal for the body too.

who's relying on supplements? Nobody is saying eat Fried Chicken every day.

Tell me how Rice, Meat , Veggies, wrapped in a Tortilla is "bad" food? You sound dumb.

Dudes got life messed up if you on some never eat out crap, like I sated earlier EAT WHAT THE HELL YOU WANT IF IT MEETS YOUR MACROS!.

Tell me how Macros arent important? Heck they are the deciding factor almost if you want to say what is healthy and what isnt.

Dudes talking like to be healthy all you can eat is grilled chicken and crap. Next you're going to tell me Steak is unhealthy.

If I had a 1k calorie Burrito I could split it in half and eat it as 2 meals or eat it in one sitting 1k calories is 1k calories.

Let me guess you think eating 5 times a day is optimal for the body too.

Over half of the stuff you mention is supplement related. You cant deny that. No one in here mentions supplements more than you do.

Just because its "rice, meat and veggies" doesnt automatically mean its healthy or good for you. What kind of meat? How is it prepared? Whats is covered in? What kind of rice? Is there butter on it? How much butter? Is it white rice? Are the veggies frozen? Are they steamed? ALL of these things matter in the big picture.

Did I say macros werent important? I didnt. But this idea that if youre "allowed" to eat 2,000 kcal and thats all you care about then youre missing the forest for the trees. Even if you have this idea that youre supposed to consume X grams of protein, fat and carbohydrates and whats eaten to get to those numbers doesnt matter, youre missing out on SO much.

Just because someone can follow a recipe doesnt make them a chef.

1k kcal is 1k kcal, youre correct. That doesnt mean anything though. The body isnt just some container and as long as you fill it with X calories, youre good. The body responds to what is put into it. Junk in, junk out.

Im not saying someone cant eat foods that they enjoy. Ive never been about that philosophy in life. What im disagreeing with you is that there ARE bad foods, contrary to what you said. This is the kind of advice I hate seeing on here. You cant make a broad statement like that, just because you have this IIFYM ideology.

What kind of rice? Is there butter on it? How much butter? Is it white rice? Are the veggies frozen? Are they steamed? ALL of these things matter in the big picture..
White rice with an oil based cilantro/lime mixture. Knew somebody that worked at Chipotle and they gave me the scoop. :x

Over half the stuff I mention is supplement related? try again, the majority of my post are me posting pic, or responding to other people. Most I've asked about supps on here were Protein and Multivitamin related, things EVERYONE uses. This thread has no body I would even look for advice to when it comes to trying new products that arent staples. I guess everyone that posts in the Supplement forum on BB rely to much on supps too huh?

Like I said dont belittle someones intelligence saying dont eat something, nobody is dumb enough to eat fried oreos every damn day. Is eating a fried oreo gonna make me fat? NO! At the end of the Day I`m gonna eat what the hell I want to, and so is everyone else with common sense and we still gonna make these gains. Do what you want, I`ll do what I want, no such thing as bad advice because advice is just that ADVICE, you can give dude your whole routine just because it worked for you doesnt mean it will work for him.

Back
Top Bottom