STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

No extra cool points for not wearing a belt....

When I bench I put elbow sleeves on at 225, wrist wraps on at 275 and then a belt anything over 315.

Put it on whenever you feel like it.

No extra cool points for not wearing a belt....

When I bench I put elbow sleeves on at 225, wrist wraps on at 275 and then a belt anything over 315.

Put it on whenever you feel like it.
You lost 500 cool points.

I don't think anyone was saying don't ever wear a belt. You can't believe its smart to wear a belt for the entirety of every workout though?

You lost 500 cool points.
Lol come on big man! I don't throw one on until 405 for squats and deads.

I do beltless mini cycles over the course of my "off season" which help a ton, but if Im gonna use it in comp then I like to use it in training as much as possible.

But for people who don't compete then they can do whatever they want, just don't get mad when you get injured, because form break down is going to happen to everyone when you hit max weights or get fatigued from reps.

Last edited:
The worst thing is those bodybuilders that wear em doing everything to make their "waist smaller"
laugh.gif
Gotta rock that 1mm thick nylon belt while doing your bicep curls 
pimp.gif

roll.gif

Do you guys say anything to someone that gives you wrong advise at the gym? For example they try to correct your form but the correction they're suggesting is incorrect.

Do you guys say anything to someone that gives you wrong advise at the gym? For example they try to correct your form but the correction they're suggesting is incorrect.

I ignore them as politely as possible. Some people get super tweaked when you don't take their advice though :lol:

There's an older dude at my gym that looks like a WWE roided up version of Brett Favre. 

Dude goes around giving everyone advice and tips 
laugh.gif

I swear he just goes there to coach people up and not actually lift himself 
roll.gif

He was giving advice to one of my friends about pitching who was released from the Red's organization, and I was just standing there like "...uhhh
roll.gif
mean.gif
indifferent.gif

Last edited:
I ignore them as politely as possible. Some people get super tweaked when you don't take their advice though
laugh.gif
Brah I've always wondered if they get salty when I ignore their advice. 
laugh.gif

Once I was doing hack squats and a random dude  told me to narrow my stance and point my toes inward or else I'm "wasting the set". In my head I'm thinking I've heard of slightly pointing your toes out, but pointing them in?.... So I said thanks and he walked bow leggedly away. 

There's an older dude at my gym that looks like a WWE roided up version of Brett Favre. 

Dude goes around giving everyone advice and tips 
laugh.gif

I swear he just goes there to coach people up and not actually lift himself 
roll.gif

He was giving advice to one of my friends about pitching who was released from the Red's organization, and I was just standing there like "...uhhh
roll.gif
mean.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

I used to jog frequently, but had to stop because I wanted to put on weight. I just started running again. I don't want to run no where near like how I used to. I'm thinking of now doing 3 miles 2-3 days a week.

For the soccer players. When you go into full training mode aka run run run

How much muscle mass do you lose?

I was thinking of doing a run heavy routine and scaling lifting to three times a week. I'm really happy w the mass I have and want to focus on cutting without losing too much of dat mass

Brah I've always wondered if they get salty when I ignore their advice. :lol:
Once I was doing hack squats and a random dude  told me to narrow my stance and point my toes inward or else I'm "wasting the set". In my head I'm thinking I've heard of slightly pointing your toes out, but pointing them in?.... So I said thanks and he walked bow leggedly away. 

:lol:

:lol:

Brah I've always wondered if they get salty when I ignore their advice. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
LMAO. Not everyone has the same ankle flexibility. If I pointed my toes IN, I'd literally blow both knees out immediately.

I just smile and say ok and keep it moving.

There's this guy at my gym who always enjoys giving me advice. He told me I was doing my deadlifts wrong. And that I'm supposed to bring the bar up like I'm smashing a girl (I look like a 12 year old with my babyface, so he prolly thought he was trying to be cool). This is the same guy that told his lifting partner to go really slow on the negative part of the deadlift when it was loaded up with 315lbs, u w0t m8.

Back
Top Bottom