STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

my clean form/technique still 🚮 but pr’d a 255 clean my last session, hit 240 decent for a pr on incline press too, failed 600 a couple times before equipping the brace to slow motion get it…i didn’t notice at the time that there were girls in the background were watching/cheering when i failed 😂😮‍💨

Last edited:
my clean form/technique still 🚮 but pr’d a 255 clean my last session, hit 240 decent for a pr on incline press too, failed 600 a couple times before equipping the brace to slow motion get it…i didn’t notice at the time that there were girls in the background were watching/cheering when i failed 😂😮‍💨

my guy, if you got your form right you’d be cleaning 315+ easily. you’re not controlling the weight and completely missing hip contact. you basically doing an upright row and catch right now. slow it down and make sure you hit proper positions with a segment clean

my guy, if you got your form right you’d be cleaning 315+ easily. you’re not controlling the weight and completely missing hip contact. you basically doing an upright row and catch right now. slow it down and make sure you hit proper positions with a segment clean

good looking out, the hip contact portion get me because not sure what to do with my arms by the time i feel ready to swing up the bar it feels like the bar is around my knees rather than the hip…going to try this tonight

good looking out, the hip contact portion get me because not sure what to do with my arms by the time i feel ready to swing up the bar it feels like the bar is around my knees rather than the hip…going to try this tonight

so once you get to around mid thigh (depends and arm length and grip width) you’re more so pulling the bar in to the hip crease. it shouldn’t be an bang but more of a brush to keep the bar moving vertically and not push it out. from there the arms are pulling up and under

it’s not how hard you can pull it off the floor. only lifts are about speed through the middle (second pull).

1st pull is floor to mid thigh. you want to maintain the same back angle to keep your hips/hammies loaded for the second pull

1729800754286.png

2nd pull you’re pulling the bar in the hip minimizing distance from the thigh. knees move forward slightly as you move into full extension

1729800777627.png

3rd pull is pulling/guiding the bar into the high pull position (elbows up and out) and finally actively pulling yourself under the bar.

1729800954141.png

it’s all positions and timing

Anyone know what to do about nagging hip flexor and adductor pain....aside from the obvious which is take a break from fighting people.

so once you get to around mid thigh (depends and arm length and grip width) you’re more so pulling the bar in to the hip crease. it shouldn’t be an bang but more of a brush to keep the bar moving vertically and not push it out. from there the arms are pulling up and under

it’s not how hard you can pull it off the floor. only lifts are about speed through the middle (second pull).

1st pull is floor to mid thigh. you want to maintain the same back angle to keep your hips/hammies loaded for the second pull

1729800754286.png

2nd pull you’re pulling the bar in the hip minimizing distance from the thigh. knees move forward slightly as you move into full extension

1729800777627.png

3rd pull is pulling/guiding the bar into the high pull position (elbows up and out) and finally actively pulling yourself under the bar.

1729800954141.png

it’s all positions and timing

was looking at these during the session…not sure if it an ankle mobility thing or that my arms too long for the way i’m setting up but i don’t get as low as these examples also have to experiment more with finding the correct weight that’s both light & yet challenging as well catching in a good front rack position, it’s a lot going on with getting these lifts decent 😮‍💨

my gym got new glute drive/hip thrust machines, no more barbell impressions & way easier to load/unload, just doesn’t hold as much weight pretty much maxed it out tho…definitely going to be doing more hip thrusts now that it’s so much more comfortable & convenient

10/26/24

Today is my birthday. My gift to myself is exercising three times at the hotel that I am staycationing at. This morning I lifted, rode a stationary bicycle, and did dribble exercises. This afternoon I did yoga by the pool, more dribble exercises, and swam. In a few minutes I am going jog, dance, and then walk. Health is the best gift ever. Life is good.

edit:

night workout

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom