STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

How I feel in the gym

How I look in the gym

Just hit chest real quick. BB decline + DB incline. Think I have costochondritis or something. Sternum and cartilage keep crackling
frown.gif

^^^It killed me when I found out that my oly coach was a fan of DBZ

I totally didn't expect it

I stereotyped him. Didn't think white people would be into it :lol:

Now everytime I see him, we make some kind of DBZ reference

Last edited:
working at a library on campus made me realize that there are a lot of athlete closet anime fans. 

Caught football and basketball players watching dbz on the regular. 

DBZ is probably the goat. As a kid it got me hype and flipping around the basement

As an adult it gets me hype and makes me want to hit the gym

DBZ spans all races. I know more black people that watch anime than I do white. Or asian.
So true. I roomed with two black guys and an Asian guy through college. We all watched anime together 
laugh.gif

One of the black guys said he was getting his haircut and his barber stopped in the middle to catch some Naruto. I was dying when he told me that story.

I think we can all agree certs are important but we would rather get trained/coached by someone with real life experience and respect in whatever field they're in.

I want the guy who has competed 10+ years and totaled over 2k and has countless hours of hands on training, not the person with 2 degrees, 3 certs but no total or respect in their field.

At the same time some of the best, most accomplished people can make horrible coaches, for example Kobe or MJ probably wouldn't be good coaches.
Agreed ^

The whole topic is really vague. There's more than one way to do anything. A degree or certification doesn't automatically make you a professional. Life experience also doesn't mean you're qualified to a do a certain job. You don't need formal schooling to be successful and at the same time having it doesn't mean you'll take it any further than the guy operating his own business without any.

Comes down to the individual and what they're willing to put in to master their field by whatever means. No two paths are the same and everyone has a different MO.

With PT certs, there's really like 2-3 that really hold any water. NASM, ACE, and one other that escapes me right now. Everything else shouldn't be much of a consideration.

Not that it makes a difference, because it soesnt, but nasm and ace and two of the lowest reapected certs.

Nsca and acsm are the 2 best.

Never again will I not eat well before a gym sesh. Had a crappy breakfast and lunch and tried to make it up with a Redbull before leg/shoulder day and I was not having it. Felt weak and tired the whole time.

Last edited:
Never again will I not eat well before a gym sesh. Had a crappy breakfast and lunch and tried to make it up with a Redbull before leg/shoulder day and I was not having it. Felt weak and tired the whole time.

Damn was at school & work all day today , but I had a good breakfast , lunch & just had my last meal before the gym 2 steak & some veggies , felt kinda weak since I haven't gotten enough sleep due to some all nighters so I had to take a red bull (my first time ever drinking it )

Destroyed my hips, shoulders and back...

The burn feels good...

Last edited:
Does this happen to anyone else?
The more you work out the hornier you get.
My libido is on another level right now.

I hurt my back playing ball. Did some light core work and cardio at the gym. Been icing my back and doing light stretches. I've had this pain on and off for like 2 weeks. I gotta get better so I can start doing heavy weights again

I think what people are getting at is that you can't generalize nutrition.

5-6k calories isn't normal for most. Paleo is a way of eating. Much like being a vegan/vegetarian. It's not even extreme, just different from what you are accustomed to.

You're telling me you've been on top of your nutrition your entire life?

Nah I feel you. I guess I forget some people have to try to lose weight because I'm so focused on gaining it.

I'm on legs and arms today for whoever asked who's lifting. Pull ups and squats ftw.

I hurt my back playing ball. Did some light core work and cardio at the gym. Been icing my back and doing light stretches. I've had this pain on and off for like 2 weeks. I gotta get better so I can start doing heavy weights again

Foam roll and stretch your back and hamstrings. It'll work with your back and help it loosen up.

Any of you guys eat way past your TDEE?

I'm bulking and my TDEE is 2800, I have a hard time eating just 500 above.

I guess I'm making it tough for myself when I decide to cut but I need to get my numbers up

Back
Top Bottom