STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Usually after i max i come back down and get a ton of reps in just to kill my legs. Yesterday i did

Bar - 10 reps
135lbs - 15 reps
185 - 15 reps
225 - 10 reps
275 - 7 reps
295 - 5 reps
305 2 sets - 2 reps each

Came down to 225lbs - 15 reps and then 135lbs and did 20 reps
[/SPOILER]

Too many reps if you're trying to max

Hit 135 about 10
Hit 225 about 5
Then go for it

It takes me awhile to warm up i feel like lol.

But i go as low as possible. "Butt to the grass" approach. I read that the deep squats hit the glutes more and are what could actually help you increase your vertical leap. Whether it is true or not i don't know.

But i go heavy and its just i can't do anymore without fear of fainting lol. But my legs won't be dead. So i will just bang out as many reps as i can until i literally have gelatin legs and can't walk good.

But i will cut reps down and try to hit heavy earlier next time see how that goes. Thanks for the advice

Last edited:
for every species on earth, a diet translates to what they habitually eat for survival... for us, a diet is a short term goal... to truly be an animal, make your diet your habit - rayray3thousand :smokin

that is why people should stop calling at a diet, but start calling it a lifestyle..

any of you feel sluggish or no energy, try advocare spark... a really good energy drink.. all you do is add water... not sure if it was the energy drink, but it made my work out easier..

I can walk with a limp, should I hit the gym anyway to do back/bi? I have a tat appointment on Sunday and thats gonna prevent me from going to the gym til maybe Wednesday next week. I feel I should get my lifts in today and tomorrow and have a nice 3 day rest...anymore than that I just feel sluggish and out of it.

What you think bros?

Oh and backstory, sprained my ankle yesterday during ball. Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, I still have a limp but bearable.

Last edited:
First time in a while that I didn't use caffeine before I worked out. Just a scoop of protein and preworkout supplement.

Really focused on my breathing, and that stretch and contract when doing my squats. I banged out 3 sets, 10-8-7 at 195 lbs. I could've done more, but I've been focused on just hitting 25 reps. I'm going to squat till my legs feel like they're going to break next time.

Post workout meal:

Post workout pump, no romo.

I can walk with a limp, should I hit the gym anyway to do back/bi? I have a tat appointment on Sunday and thats gonna prevent me from going to the gym til maybe Wednesday next week. I feel I should get my lifts in today and tomorrow and have a nice 3 day rest...anymore than that I just feel sluggish and out of it.

What you think bros?

Oh and backstory, sprained my ankle yesterday during ball. Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, I still have a limp but bearable.

You're not doing legs, so why not?

If anyone cares...

Recent scientific study showing you burn more fat in a fasted state

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23313101
"Metabolism. 2013 Jan 10. pii: S0026-0495(12)00461-1. doi: 10.1016/j.metabol.2012.12.008. [Epub ahead of print]

Effects of post-absorptive and postprandial exercise on 24h fat oxidation.

Shimada K, Yamamoto Y, Iwayama K, Nakamura K, Yamaguchi S, Hibi M, Nabekura Y, Tokuyama K.

Source

Doctoral Program in Sports Medicine, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tennodai 1-1-1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan 305-8574.

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

Fat oxidation during exercise depends on nutritional state, and exercise performed in the post-absorptive state oxidizes more fat than that performed in the postprandial state. However, the effects of exercise on energy metabolism continue during the post-exercise period, and the difference in fat oxidation during exercise may be compensated for during the post-exercise period. The present study compared the effects of an acute exercise bout in the post-absorptive or postprandial state on 24h fat oxidation.

METHODS:

Twelve young male athletes stayed twice in a room-size metabolic chamber for 24h indirect calorimetry in a randomized repeated-measure design. Before or after breakfast, i.e. in the post-absorptive or postprandial state, subjects exercised at 50% VO(2) max for 60min.

RESULTS:

During the 60min of exercise, energy expenditure in the two exercise trials were equivalent, but exercise in the post-absorptive state was performed with lower RQ compared with that in the postprandial state (P0.5). However, accumulated 24h fat oxidation was higher (P

let me guess: you got felonies too?

I'm a changed man. Look at the range fam. I got a whole new game plan.

Did legs last night. I feel like i hit a wall any advice on how to get over it?

I have slowly been working my way up. I do legs once a week and the past 3 weeks i maxed at 305lbs. I got 2 sets of 2 reps in and on the last one i got light headed when i racked. I am dying to get to 315lb. Thats my goal but i can't seem to get there.

Any options?

Go lighter and more reps for a bit to build strength before maxing? Maybe do 225 -245 for 15-20 reps until fail?
Work legs twice a week? I do deadlifts on sundays usually so technically my legs get work twice a week but should i sqaut a little on deadlift days? I usually do box jumps on deadlift days.

Usually after i max i come back down and get a ton of reps in just to kill my legs. Yesterday i did

Bar - 10 reps
135lbs - 15 reps
185 - 15 reps
225 - 10 reps
275 - 7 reps
295 - 5 reps
305 2 sets - 2 reps each

Wayyyyy to many reps.

Try that out.
Pyramid always works for me when trying to gain strength.

for every species on earth, a diet translates to what they habitually eat for survival... for us, a diet is a short term goal... to truly be an animal, make your diet your habit - rayray3thousand
smokin.gif
read that same exact thing in the book the new abs diet

eating is my downfall.. trying to be more disciplined with it in 2013. so far so good

let me guess: you got felonies too?

I'm a changed man. Look at the range fam. I got a whole new game plan.

I have slowly been working my way up. I do legs once a week and the past 3 weeks i maxed at 305lbs. I got 2 sets of 2 reps in and on the last one i got light headed when i racked. I am dying to get to 315lb. Thats my goal but i can't seem to get there.

Any options?

Go lighter and more reps for a bit to build strength before maxing? Maybe do 225 -245 for 15-20 reps until fail?
Work legs twice a week? I do deadlifts on sundays usually so technically my legs get work twice a week but should i sqaut a little on deadlift days? I usually do box jumps on deadlift days.

Bar - 10 reps
135lbs - 15 reps
185 - 15 reps
225 - 10 reps
275 - 7 reps
295 - 5 reps
305 2 sets - 2 reps each

Wayyyyy to many reps.

Try that out.
Pyramid always works for me when trying to gain strength.

Killaaaaaaaaaaaa

WTF is this barbell! It make the shake weight look like a brilliant idea.

somebody is going to die.

Yo so originally my park didn't have a dip station. So I contacted the Las Vegas parks and recreation via email and made a case for putting a dip bar replacing the rope climb station.

Then the main person that deals with over 100 parks contacts me and says he wants to meet me at the park and wants me to pick what style of dip bars I want. :pimp:

It should take 1-2 months for them to dismantle the rope climb and replace it with the dip station.

Las Vegas parks and recreation really does care about the ghetto areas of the city.

:pimp: :pimp:

Yo so originally my park didn't have a dip station. So I contacted the Las Vegas parks and recreation via email and made a case for putting a dip bar replacing the rope climb station.

Then the main person that deals with over 100 parks contacts me and says he wants to meet me at the park and wants me to pick what style of dip bars I want.
pimp.gif

It should take 1-2 months for them to dismantle the rope climb and replace it with the dip station.

Las Vegas parks and recreation really does care about the ghetto areas of the city.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

llol tsunami bar... they wilin with that one.. takes too long to even load the plates...

so how is that even gonna work? when the weights bounce back up, it will be lighter for you to lift it.. so in a way you're not really lifting it yourself. it's just the upward force that is making it lighter to lift

Lmao!....challenging enough to properly do a snatch, these dudes made an elastic bar to completely mess up with the dynamics and momentum of the movement...

Sits back and waits for first lawsuit.

Any options?

Bar - 10 reps
135lbs - 15 reps
185 - 15 reps
225 - 10 reps
275 - 7 reps
295 - 5 reps
305 2 sets - 2 reps each

Any options?

Bar - 10 reps
135lbs - 15 reps
185 - 15 reps
225 - 10 reps
275 - 7 reps
295 - 5 reps
305 2 sets - 2 reps each

are you following a lifting plan? Sounds like you're just kinda ******g around trying to get 315. First off maxing weekly is counter productive. Your max is 305 - accept it. Get on a program where youre working predominately in the 3-5 rep range. Work your 3 and 5 rep maxes up. They're less taxing both mentally and physically. Once you can hit like 5x275, 3x390, you should be set to hit 315. Are you currently following a program or just doing what you feel like on that day? Something like the Texas method or 531 should suit someone in your position

Military Press.

Bout to do it for the first time with the barbell since HS.

I want to clean. But i know i cant drop the weights at my gym (golds)

So im have to put it where the squat rack and lift it up.

Lets go Dajon.

Back
Top Bottom