STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Last edited:
Be careful of how much protein you consume in one sitting. The average human's body processes about 5-8 grams an hour. Over eating protein can lead to increased body fat and/or added strain on your kidneys. Also, be mindful of how much milk your consuming. The casein(the main protein in milk) processes a lot slower than whey. So unless your bulking, try to not have more than a glass of milk a day.(also has a lot of sugar)
:D

Be careful of how much protein you consume in one sitting. The average human's body processes about 5-8 grams an hour. Over eating protein can lead to increased body fat and/or added strain on your kidneys. Also, be mindful of how much milk your consuming. The casein(the main protein in milk) processes a lot slower than whey. So unless your bulking, try to not have more than a glass of milk a day.(also has a lot of sugar)

Broscience at its finest :smokin

:smh:

Lol at 1200 cals per day along with intense cardio. Are you a girl? No way you were getting your macros in with 1200 cals. Deprivation

I do not do a 1,200 calorie diet, this is what I used to do in the past before I started Keto, with Keto I do not count calories, only eat when I feel like eating. Protein is pretty filling so I never overeat. I lose weight every week and my energy levels are fine.

This is not a permanent routine, I probably have 2 - 3 month left of this routine.

I plan to switch into a weight lifting routine, when I do I will follow a thorough macro . Right Now my main concern is to lose fat, it would be stupid for me to mix in weight lifting right now.

Thank you, being a big dude bad knees is already in near future if I don't do something, and old football injuries. I usually use them for when I walk, but I decided to jog because I'm too young to be just walking. Quitting the blunts too, if I smoke herb it will be out the bong and not as much. I like the sprint idea, funny thing is I always subconsciously set myself goal points, and tonight I didn't sprint but jogged faster to get to that cool down point. Appreciate all help, supplements, diets etc. My family is full of big people so I'm trying to break that trend. GranDad was 6'6 280, uncle 6'8 320. I don't have that height to stretch it out, so I have to tone it up and slim down.

Get an MFLB or a vaporizer if you dont wanna give up smoking bro. My MFLB is the best investment ever and it makes my herb last twice as long. Not to mention I'm not inhaling smoke.

The broscience has finally made it into this thread. To the person looking for some diet supplementation, look into EC stack. It really works, but like someone said, nothing like a good diet and long-term affects to the body are unknown.

WHey protein def. can be a hassle on kidneys.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/261806-whey-protein-kidney-damage/ Taste worse but I mix it with water instead of milk

However, there isn't conclusive research that links excessive, long-term whey protein consumption with deteriorating kidney function. Regardless, many experts caution that there is a risk and encourage individuals to consume whey protein in moderation.

Regardless, moderation is key with almost anything. Whey should not be your only source of protein.

I bought the vanilla ice cream flavored ON whey and tried drinking it with water. :x

Never again. I'd recommend banana cream, it tastes good with milk and water.

Last edited:
A lot of people have misconceptions about losing fat and weight lifting. Weight lifting is physical activity, and physical activity burns calories, so it can only help you in your goals of losing fat. If you don't have the time to do weightlifting plus cardio, make your lifting sessions faster and more intense. Do supersets, circuits, complexes, etc. I've met so many guys who are trying to lose fat in the gym but get nowhere because all they do is run on the treadmill or bike for hours. Adding more muscle speeds up your metabolism and makes losing weight easier and if you're worried about looking too big or bulky, don't worry, it takes years to look like that.

To those who are on Ketosis/ have done Keto:

What is your max carb intake? around 50g? I know it's different for every person but I wanted to know what's the highest carb intake without getting out of ketosis...

Get an MFLB or a vaporizer if you dont wanna give up smoking bro. My MFLB is the best investment ever and it makes my herb last twice as long. Not to mention I'm not inhaling smoke.
thanks, gave up my vaporizer since i didnt use it. May go back to it.... hard to quit the herb man, or i would.

So last night was my first official day of starting my workouts. But today i went on a massive 10mile hike, it was cleansing and amazing. i feel better, lungs and all. no weights, just a steady incline of walking. its a far drie so i will try to do this 5-10 times a month. other than that i will be hitting my local park with track and do a late night job of a few miles. i will try to throw some HIIT in there and get my diet/supplements right by the time i get some cash flow. my money been tight so its hard to get all my essential for good eating/dieting. Thanks again all my NTers for your input and i will continue to post my progress as i strive on this long journey of being fit.

to all the big guy lurkers, GET OFF THE COMPUTER and take a walk..... just nightly walks can change alot.

To those who are on Ketosis/ have done Keto:
What is your max carb intake? around 50g? I know it's different for every person but I wanted to know what's the highest carb intake without getting out of ketosis...

50g is the max for ketosis. This is what I got from reading the threads on BB.com. Some people do better without taking any carbs at all but that's dependent on the person.

----

As far as eating too much protein in 1 sitting :lol: That's like saying don't eat a steak, it's too much protein in 1 sitting. As far as strain on kidneys, I do believe that's somewhat true. I try to ingest only ~50g of protein in 1 shake. As far as protein from regular food, I don't limit myself as long as if fits my macros.

----

I ate 1k calories above maintenance today :smh: but :pimp: at the same time

I've been eating at a deficit all week and been going hard at the gym so I think a cheat day was well deserved.

It's getting easier for me to eat at a calorie deficit due to the fact that I rely less on protein shakes and more on whole food. The only time I try to drink a protein shake if after a workout since I work out 3-4 AM due to work.

As for ON Whey, I stay with the chocolate flavors. Double Rich Chocolate and Extreme Milk Chocolate :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Anyone into weight training? I'm looking for suggestions for a good pre workout and post workout supplements to cycle.

I'm currently using Muscle Pharms' Assualt for a pre work out and ON's Hydro Whey. They're pretty good but I think My body's getting used to it.

Also forgot to mention I'm trying to gain muscle mass too!

Last edited:
Alright so guys help me out here. I need to shed about 30 pounds, not in a rush but preferably quickly. How many calories should I be taking in daily? I've been jogging/walking in the morning maybe 4 days a week for about 2-3 miles but fell off because work picked up. But I want to start again. I see that you guys are saying lift + cardio but I don't really have access to a gym per se, because of distance and hours. I believe I have some small dumbells around here. Is there anything I can do at home? I'm not really pressed about gaining muscle at the moment, mainly just slimming down. Btw I'm 5'8ish and 200ish. Thanks for any help :nthat:

Last edited:
Look into Cross-Fit bro... you don't need access to the gym, the world is your jungle gym. Run/jog around your block, push ups and sit ups on the floor, pull ups on a tree branch or stoplight bars... ect.

As for calorie intake, just be sure to burn more than you put in. Also eat 4-6 smalls meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism straight.

Cvs had their 2lb bags of protein for about 3.60 on sale. Not bulking, but i should stack up for when i do.

Dammit, ive been taking fish oil for the past week or so and ive started to get red bumps on my face starting about a week ago as well. This cant be a coincidence...

I took fish oil before but stopped, but damn, is there any alternatives if I need to make the switch? Flaxseed oil?

Don't do crossfit, it's a waste of money and time.

Get a gym membership, get familiar with the gym, see what you have in terms of dumbells, machines, bench, squat, etc. Do whatever you want to do for one week, and then after that implement your starting routine, and a month or two months down the road, start changing your diet.

Do not start a new diet and start training, it's the worst thing you can do. You either get your routine down, and get your body used to using the same fixed amount of calories while under the stress of training and then eventually when you feel comfortable or when the scale/mirror doesnt change, then finally change the diet to a low carb high fat and high prot, or high proteins medium fats and medium carbs; point is you need fat and high protein sources in your diet.

Once again, if you start off with a diet from palumbo, or some bodybuilder you will most likely fail and gain more weight, you see, these are athletes who work day after day , since that is their job, or may even use illegal substances to maintain their physiques, they are so many variables when looking for a good diet and especially one that you can sustain.

As for a program or routine, everyone is different, some people grow faster than others and some people lose weight or cant even gain a single pound. However there are certain staples in everyones workout, these are the bench, squat, shoulder press, weighted pullups/rows, and deadlift(most people neglect the deadlif because it does not result in aesthetic results). These lifts all overtime will work, as oppose to kipping pullups or insane amounts of bicep curls.

Goodluck, I hate his new NT it's so slow on my phone, great setup though.

:stoneface: $300+/Year is a waste of money... actually a waste of time too, because you have to drive there.

Like I said, you don't need a gym membership, hell you can burn yourself DVDs of insanity, P90X, or Tap Out XT for free or buy it off someone for $10.

I stand by my statement, Nature is your gym. You want to lose weight? Gotta get out there and run. Oh, and eat healthier too! :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom