STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

day off from weight training today.

gonna go for a run.

CBASS625 and I finna do that Greg Plitt workout on BB after my month routine ends.

ya'll check it out yet? looks intense.

if u havent check. aware yourself

This morning, I wish I took more pics back when I started for comparison purposes

I BARTEND DURING SB SUNDAY.

I HAVE A "CHEAT DAY" SET UP SINCE MY BOSS IS CATERING FROM HIS OTHER RESTAURANT

I WANT TO GO IN.

BUT IM SMARTER THAN THAT.

I SCHEDULED A WEIGH IN FOR MYSELF FOR THE MONDAY NEXT DAY MORNING.

THANKS BIGBOSS.

RECENTLY I VE NOTICED A TREND IN THIS THREAD ABOUT PEOPLE HAVING CHEAT DAYS AND GOING IN AND IDC IDC IDC.

PEOPLE JUSTIFYING THESE "CHEATS" FOR WHATEVER REASONS.

I KNOW U CAN WORK IT OFF BUT THINK ABOUT THIS WAY.

U HAVE ONE COOKIE HERE. THEN ONE COOKIE THERE. YEA YOULL WORK THEM OFF BUT EVENTUALLY YOU WILL HAVE EATEN A WHOLE COOKIE JAR.

THAT HINDERS YOUR TRUE PROGRESS.

BUT THEN HONESTLY YOU HAVE TO ASK YOURSELF:

HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT?

Can someone school me on the spartacus workout

http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/high-intensity-circuit-routine/

I used to do it 2-3 times a week when i didn't have constant access to weights. I'm a bigger guy that was in decent shape so i'd use 20 lb dumbbells and sometimes 30 lbs, if you are just starting though definitely stay with 10-15 pounders.

The basic concept is that you do 3 sets of 10 exercises, do each exercise for 1 minute and then go directly to the next exercise (the workout gives you 15 secs but i found if you stop to breathe, it ends up being a 45 second break). After you complete all 10 exercises, rest for 2 minutes and then go through the circuit again, rest again, and then hit it one more time. It's not for the faint of heart but in 6 weeks I dropped 13 lbs on it (combined with a serious calorie deficit too though)

Good luck!

True, but Dorian emphasizes warm up sets, and not just one but multiple. And these sets work up to his 1 working set. What may seem like 1 working set per workout is actually a combination of 3-5 pyramid sets in total.

You're right. Go on YouTube and search "Dorian Yates Blood and Guts". It's about 4 different videos that stress different muscles but they all implement the same idea.

Last edited:
I have cheat days to keep sanity and it might be bro science might not but to also keep my body from getting used to my deficit and slow my metabolism. I don't care about hindering my process one meal didn't get me fat years of not caring did, reaching a goal is a slow process so ill reward my self as I see fit

I have cheat days to keep sanity and it might be bro science might not but to also keep my body from getting used to my deficit and slow my metabolism. I don't care about hindering my process one meal didn't get me fat years of not caring did, reaching a goal is a slow process so ill reward my self as I see fit

CHEAT DAYS ARE NOT BRO SCIENCE.

YOU ARE CORRECT IN THAT END.

I JUST DISAGREE ABOUT THE FREQUENCY PEOPLE USE THEM.

I CANT CRITICIZE YOU SINCE YOU SHOW RESULTS.

HOWEVER, IT IS STILL MY BELIEF AND PHILOSOPHY.

CHEAT DAYS ARE NOT BRO SCIENCE.

YOU ARE CORRECT IN THAT END.

I JUST DISAGREE ABOUT THE FREQUENCY PEOPLE USE THEM.

I CANT CRITICIZE YOU SINCE YOU SHOW RESULTS.

HOWEVER, IT IS STILL MY BELIEF AND PHILOSOPHY.

Usually if I go a week where I didn't lose weight I won't cheat unless there's an event I'm at where I just simply can't count macros. When I have my cheat days I just eat to maintenance so I don't even truly gain any weight opposed to me eating 5k calories one day and 1500 the others. Im cutting on a huge deficit so with my maintenance calories being 2800-3k that's a lot of food in reality that still won't cost me to gain any weight being that my deficit during the week is so big.

I WANTED TO ASK U EARLIER, HOW DO U KEEP UR ENERGY WHEN UR SUCH AT A CALORIC DEFICIT?

I BELIEVE U ARE 1K CAL UNDER MAINTENANCE RIGHT?

I went all out on Back Monday night...and I think i overdid it.

My back is hurting still and it's Thursday, and it's not a sore hurt. I've been doing reps very slow and with lighter weights (stretch/contract) so I don't see how it was form.

I feel like I may have done too much on my upper back. I did about 14 overall upper back sets (including 4 sets of slow pull ups). Too much? I was in a zone and wanted to keep going.

But my neck has been sore since, my lower back is tingling (idk why) and I couldn't do my biceps workout because even my biceps feel hurt (still from Monday!). I know that bis get hit on back workouts but I never isolated them so I don't get the pain.

Ugh. Anyone ever feel this way from a back workout? Any tips? It's effecting my ability to lift other muscles like bis, legs (squating and deads would hurt my sore neck right now). On top of that its hurting to stand for too long.

I had to have messed up on form DIdnt I? Or a bad night sleep?

It's messed up my whole split and I'm anxious now. Don't like missing days I feel behind. I need some positivity to feel better about missing gym days :rolleyes

Last edited:
I WANTED TO ASK U EARLIER, HOW DO U KEEP UR ENERGY WHEN UR SUCH AT A CALORIC DEFICIT?

I BELIEVE U ARE 1K CAL UNDER MAINTENANCE RIGHT?

Yea I work an office job so luckily i don't have to be on my feet, and honestly I think it's the multi vitamin that help because I'm usually normal energy wise by 12pm and idk maybe the fat my body is burning helps lol I'm gonna up my calories 3-500 when I get to like 220 though because soon ill have to be cutting at 1600

my journey hasnt been as ardous as yours.

i started working out at around 240.

whats ur current weight?

u got this!

Idk right now I was 260 2 weeks straight but last week I slipped up late in the week so I know I was holding water when I did my weight in because I looked more bloated than I did this week, I'm guessing maybe 257 I weight in on Saturday.

So I've decided to end my bulk a little early to give myself the most time possible to lean out. So I'm starting part 1 of my cut on Monday. It'll be moderate, small tweaking changes and such. I'll be at about 10 weeks out from my vaca. I'll monitor that for 2.5-3.5 weeks. Then up my food intake some to keep my mind healthy, replenish here and there since I'll be extremely low in the carb department. March is the Armageddon tho. Gonna kill it. Full on discipline. No slacking. No cheat days, I'll cheat on the trip. Strict. I'm looking to get as low as possible in bf% while maintaining my muscle mass, without 'help'. I figure with that amount of time some great progress is totally doable especially since i've been adjusting my diet marginally already, and have started getting my mind ready to go to war. And I have a good starting position as my %'s really arent that high, it's just focused more in the abdominal region, I'm gonna shred like crazy to cut that up. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:
Satisfaction breeds content

I hit a wall near the end of last year where i wasn't eating as well as i should and it started to show. Not in a major way but less definition in places i wanted. I sort of would look at myself in the mirror and be like well this may be the best you can do....whatever...Refocused at the beginning of this year and 1 month in i am seeing it coming back.

Keep up the good work fellas

THANKS BIGBOSS.

RECENTLY I VE NOTICED A TREND IN THIS THREAD ABOUT PEOPLE HAVING CHEAT DAYS AND GOING IN AND IDC IDC IDC.

U HAVE ONE COOKIE HERE. THEN ONE COOKIE THERE. YEA YOULL WORK THEM OFF BUT EVENTUALLY YOU WILL HAVE EATEN A WHOLE COOKIE JAR.

HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT?
Preach, brother preeeaacch.

I look at it like this, food is food. No reason to put it on a pedestal and act like its worth going crazy over. Once you reach your goal the food will still be there waiting on you. This is easier said then done but one cheat day every now and then will keep you sane. 

THANKS BIGBOSS.

HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT?
Preach, brother preeeaacch.

I look at it like this, food is food. No reason to put it on a pedestal and act like its worth going crazy over. Once you reach your goal the food will still be there waiting on you. This is easier said then done but one cheat day every now and then will keep you sane. 
Very true.

I think I may do some wings on Sunday, but beyond that, I'll stick with business as usual.  Food will always be there.  Not gonna sit on a perch and pass judgment though, everyone knows what works for them.  Luckily when you're as active as most of us are, you don't necessarily have to count every single calorie and feel like one meal derails an entire week.

I've put on some good mass this winter, especially in my lower body, but this is usually the time of year that I flip that switch and go HAM in order to get ripped for the warm weather.  Already starting to taper off my carbs earlier in the evening than usual.

Last edited:
Just downloaded my fitnesspal, who's with me?

Ksteezy_NT

These dudes set me at a caloric goal of 1250 :wow:

Wth!

Back
Top Bottom