STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

why do you guys hate cardio? serious question

Waste of time for me. I have no functional use for greater cardiovascular endurance and I find training for it boring and tedious.

Even if I were looking to lose weight or achieve a caloric deficit, there are other types of training that are far more time efficient than conventional or soley aerobic exercise.
what?! so you're no longer playing ball for a club?

[thread="500128"]Quote:[/thread]
For real.. 

no one plays sports? 

"Let's play half-court" type ****** lol
I play football(soccer) so I'm always running lol

Usually jog 2 laps for warmup for on the field work, or jog 10 minutes on the treadmill before weightlifting

Most of my cardio consists of HIIT

Shuttle drills with cones, sprints with a parachute or resistance bands, set of stairs....etc

I play football(soccer) so I'm always running lol

Usually jog 2 laps for warmup for on the field work, or jog 10 minutes on the treadmill before weightlifting

Most of my cardio consists of HIIT

Shuttle drills with cones, sprints with a parachute or resistance bands, set of stairs....etc
Yeah I do HIIT primarily too lots of sled work/ prowler 

or just hike and listen to podcasts/ hit up my **** and hit Runyon lol

heart health will do you good in the long run

Last edited:
This chick got on my damn nerves man... I'm doing deadlifts and go to get some water, see an old friend and chop it up with him for a couple mins, not too long. I've only done warm ups and was about to start 5 working sets, and then maybe some lighter sets afterwards.
This girl was about to take my plates off and I politely told her I'm just starting. She tells me I was gone for a really long time and then proceeds to wait for me and stretch like 2 feet from my ***. This girl stayed and waited for me there the entire time. Was annoying AF.

There was a power rack open next to us too, I wanted to tell her go there but didn't feel like talking to her. Then she doing some stupid burpee ***** and bar only deadlifts, smh
lmaoo I'll wait for someone but tell them take your time.

For real.. 

no one plays sports? 

"Let's play half-court" type ****** lol
Sports are all good, one of the main reasons I can't **** with conventional cardio I'd much rather be playing ball. 
laugh.gif

I assumed by cardio we were talking in the conventional, solely aerobic sense, low to moderate intensity exercise like walking, jogging, running and cycling over medium to long distances. 

Your max oxygen intake and max heart rate are going to surpass that threshold in a decent full-court 5v5 pick up game.  

Something like basketball or soccer could be specifically labeled aerobic interval training, greater intensity and workload than solely aerobic training. 

Last edited:
Word i thought the same :lol:

Definitey preferred running ball or soccer over jogging. Yo even handball the **** too

anybody deal with knee tendonitis? I know im supposed to rest but are there any supplements i can take as well that would help?

How long have you been dealing with the issue?

Been since may at the least. Part of it is on me as well not resting like I should. I love ball to much but the recovery aspect is annoying and slow

So I'm no doctor but you should start thinking of it in terms of "tendonosis" and not tendonitis. Rest helps, yes but you're gonna need to do something more if you wanna heal up properly.

NSAIDs or cherry juice can help with inflammation, but that's not gonna help you get better long term. Start thinking about stretches, soft tissue work, or PT.

I don't know how serious of an issue it is for you but if you've rested properly and the problem keeps coming back, you gotta do more than supps can help with. Gotta break the tissue down, so da collagen fibers can realign properly B.

Hit chest today before hitting this road trip. Im actually looking forward to taking it easy for 2 weeks. My knee and shoulders will be happy [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Boring.

I usually jog at work.

Gotta move a drum? Jog it on over there.

Gotta drag a hose 100 feet. Run with it.

I can't sit on a treadmill watching cspan with moneybag yo playing through my headphones.

So I'm no doctor but you should start thinking of it in terms of "tendonosis" and not tendonitis. Rest helps, yes but you're gonna need to do something more if you wanna heal up properly.

NSAIDs or cherry juice can help with inflammation, but that's not gonna help you get better long term. Start thinking about stretches, soft tissue work, or PT.

I don't know how serious of an issue it is for you but if you've rested properly and the problem keeps coming back, you gotta do more than supps can help with. Gotta break the tissue down, so da collagen fibers can realign properly B.

This tart cherry juice or just the pill form works wonders

Older I get long distance running is for the birds...only time I train for it is for the military. Other than that sprints for me.

Last edited:

Not at all man its been a few years. I'm coaching full time now so I can only get in a pick up game once a week on Friday nights most of the year.

In the offseason like right now maybe I try to attend an organized training session or two if someone I know is involved but it's hard man, at 27 my knees are a lot older than my chronological age and at the higher amateur levels I don't have the cardio fitness to keep up with dudes like you who are still really putting in work in on a day-to-day basis. Never thought it would be like that but yea, I can't just jump into it in that setting. I mean I can but pride and a very real risk of injury are at stake. :lol:

I actually do miss a little HIIT and interval work but I prioritize my two days a week in the gym doing strength training. I thought you were talking a little light cardio just for the sake of getting the heart rate up or burning calories. I've never been able to get down. :lol:

Last edited:
First day of SL's complete. Felt like a b just doing the bar while the girl next to me was squatting 185
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
Hit chest today before hitting this road trip. Im actually looking forward to taking it easy for 2 weeks. My knee and shoulders will be happy [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Had an early lunch with a client today and I felt like my whole afternoon's been off so I just took a break to get a quick chest pump in real quick. Gonna enjoy a beach day tomorrow and then my first Spartan Race on Sunday. Pretty excited for that.

Cardio sucks in general. I say that cause ima true fat ***.

Welcomed myself to the 4 plate club today for DL :pimp:

Pulled 405 easily. Then attempted 425 for the hell of it, came up but halfway had to jerk some, still counts though :lol: :pimp:

Hate leg day (usually) but enjoyed it today

I want to start doing more unilateral **** so i found this article
https://www.t-nation.com/training/10-best-unilateral-exercises

Started with some front squats and back squats, then did #1,2, and 3 from the link.

Bulg split squats are something ive done off and on for a min and are always super hard for me

Closed with stair climber
Feels good bros [emoji]128293[/emoji]

Had an early lunch with a client today and I felt like my whole afternoon's been off so I just took a break to get a quick chest pump in real quick. Gonna enjoy a beach day tomorrow and then my first Spartan Race on Sunday. Pretty excited for that.
Good luck with the race bro!

Back
Top Bottom