STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

hit legs today.

295 4 sets of 5. felt pretty good. wanna be doing this with 315 though... it'll come soon.

also foam rolled me lower back for the first time ever... I need to start doing more. ever since i hit the 1 rep PR on DL with 425, my lower back hasnt been the same... not sure if it was worth it 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I also been making a post workout shake lately.

1 1/2 cup of whole milk

1 banana

1 scoop of cake batter ON whey

blueberries

ice

pimp.gif

How long have you been dealing with the issue?

Been since may at the least. Part of it is on me as well not resting like I should. I love ball to much but the recovery aspect is annoying and slow

So I'm no doctor but you should start thinking of it in terms of "tendonosis" and not tendonitis. Rest helps, yes but you're gonna need to do something more if you wanna heal up properly.

NSAIDs or cherry juice can help with inflammation, but that's not gonna help you get better long term. Start thinking about stretches, soft tissue work, or PT.

I don't know how serious of an issue it is for you but if you've rested properly and the problem keeps coming back, you gotta do more than supps can help with. Gotta break the tissue down, so da collagen fibers can realign properly B.
you just out here fixing all kind of knee problems.

hit legs today.

295 4 sets of 5. felt pretty good. wanna be doing this with 315 though... it'll come soon.

also foam rolled me lower back for the first time ever... I need to start doing more. ever since i hit the 1 rep PR on DL with 425, my lower back hasnt been the same... not sure if it was worth it :lol: :smh:  

I also been making a post workout shake lately.

1 1/2 cup of whole milk
1 banana
1 scoop of cake batter ON whey
blueberries
ice

:pimp:

Directly foam rolling your lower back? If so, that's not recommended.

Directly foam rolling your lower back? If so, that's not recommended.
i did the side joint that everyone does.. like the foam roller on my hip/side stomach... i heard thats good for hips which can help with the lower back...?

someone correct me if im wrong and show me what to do lol

foam rolling anywhere on the spine is not recommended from what I was taught.... due to the sensitivity

I find the "cardio is boring" narrative fascinating because that's exactly how I used to feel about weight lifting.

I would always rather play some ball, box, roll BJJ etc. than just press weight.

Not much different from running when you consider you can do variations of that as well. Jog, sprints, hills, stairs etc.

Plus there was always this belief that lifting weight wasn't great for boxing, which has changed over time.

I was always more of a body weight guy. Along these lines (nowhere near this strong, but these kinds of exercises for strength) https://www.instagram.com/brooklyntank718/

It wasn't until I started working with a new crew that I got into lifting because I could feel the difference in the power of my punches from front squats, deadlifts etc.

Last edited:
Boxing/Muay Thai for cardio :smokin

Swimming :smokin

Yeah this right here. Running doesn't keep my interest, but this introductory course had me sweating like crazy and sore for a week. Plus that extra fat I gained itches like a mug from the impact on a treadmill, it's weird.

Wanted to make my workout fam laugh:lol:  Let me know what y'all think or if you found it funny or not lol
Curling in the squat rack yay or nay? lol Whose guilty don't lie haha

I do it I'm super setting something else with biceps. But if somebody wants the rack I give it to them tho

I find the "cardio is boring" narrative fascinating because that's exactly how I used to feel about weight lifting.

I would always rather play some ball, box, roll BJJ etc. than just press weight.

Not much different from running when you consider you can do variations of that as well. Jog, sprints, hills, stairs etc.

Plus there was always this belief that lifting weight wasn't great for boxing, which has changed over time.

I was always more of a body weight guy. Along these lines (nowhere near this strong, but these kinds of exercises for strength) https://www.instagram.com/brooklyntank718/

It wasn't until I started working with a new crew that I got into lifting because I could feel the difference in the power of my punches from front squats, deadlifts etc.

Damn bro that guy has ridiculous strength

Yoga and 2 mile run out the way 
smokin.gif
. My flexibility/mobility is trash so I'm taking up yoga twice a week.  Should help as I progress in SL's. 

I wanna take yoga my flexibility is trash also.  Can't even do a overhead arm pull stretch or scratch my back properly
laugh.gif

Week7

DL
135x5
225x5
315x5
405x5
445x2

Speed DL
370x3x3

Power shrugs- 365x5x2
Stiff leg dl- 265x5x2
Bent over row- 245x5x2
Reverse grip latpulldown- 320x5x2
Good mornings- 135x5x2

Pull ups
Biceps
Core

2Mths out from court. Tomorrows last day of cigs gonna start clean monday.

I wanna take yoga my flexibility is trash also.  Can't even do a overhead arm pull stretch or scratch my back properly :lol:

Same lol. I scratch my back on the wall like a bear

Last edited:

I wanna take yoga my flexibility is trash also.  Can't even do a overhead arm pull stretch or scratch my back properly
laugh.gif
Same man. I couldn't even touch my toes 
roll.gif

I've been going twice a week for a month and also doing "Starting Stretching" daily. It's made such a big difference.

Towards the middle of the class today, I reached down and was able to touch my toes. I'm 30 years old and it's probably the first time I've been able to do that.  I couldn't believe it man. Such a small accomplishment but made me feel like I was on top of the world 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Same lol. I scratch my back on the wall like a beat
pretty much, my back has all kinds of scratches from rubbing against stuff.

I did some mobility/flexibility drills a couple weeks ago.  my lower body is alright, its just my upper body mainly shoulder mobility is garbage.

Last edited:
Week7

DL
135x5
225x5
315x5
405x5
445x2

Speed DL
370x3x3

Power shrugs- 365x5x2
Stiff leg dl- 265x5x2
Bent over row- 245x5x2
Reverse grip latpulldown- 320x5x2
Good mornings- 135x5x2

Pull ups
Biceps
Core

2Mths out from court. Tomorrows last day of cigs gonna start clean monday.
Same lol. I scratch my back on the wall like a bear

I see you. Moving weight :pimp:
bear-complex-x-700.jpg

My right bicep been twitching uncontrollably since i woke up :smh:. Hate when this happens.

Back
Top Bottom