STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

30 days out Craig Capruso. this is one of the best programs on bodybuilding.com. under Kris Gethin and under YT3 Niels.

At 10 reps, 110. Im going on 2 months in the gym at 3xs a week. 165lbs 5'7" if it matters.
if thats your flat, try 105 on the incline and see how that feels. be careful though, the incline is a lot harder than the flat so dont underestimate it.

What do you bench?
At 10 reps, 110. Im going on 2 months in the gym at 3xs a week. 165lbs 5'7" if it matters.

You're not going to "get rid of the man boobs"/fully deveopbyour chest benching 110. You have to be pushing at least 225.

Google StrongLifts 5x5. Simple program, there's a free app for it, and you'll see progress. Follow that through until you're benching 225. You'll notice more development in your chest as the weight gets heavier, but you're never really going to fill out if you aren't putting up bigger numbers.

After about 7 years of not lifting I'm back on 5x5 and really enjoying it. There's a great app which makes keeping track of it easy.

5 months of Pilates has transformed my squat too - I could never get anywhere near a good low position but once warmed up I can get my hips below my knees now.

I really like the program because as soon as you get to 5 reps 5 times you add more weight for next time - so there's no hiding. I wish I'd kept what I used to lift as it would be interesting to see where I am relative to that - it feels a whole lot less but it's coming back quick. I'm only 3 weeks in and for some of the lifts I'm still adding weight to find my level - haven't failed yet on bench or deadlift - the overhead press is killing me - I'm only doing 55lbs (plus the bar - 20 more?) and I keep failing. My shoulders are killing me this morning but it's definitely getting easier and I feel stronger. I maybe started a bit heavy on that one but I'll get there in a couple of weeks.

After about 7 years of not lifting I'm back on 5x5 and really enjoying it. There's a great app which makes keeping track of it easy.

5 months of Pilates has transformed my squat too - I could never get anywhere near a good low position but once warmed up I can get my hips below my knees now.

I really like the program because as soon as you get to 5 reps 5 times you add more weight for next time - so there's no hiding. I wish I'd kept what I used to lift as it would be interesting to see where I am relative to that - it feels a whole lot less but it's coming back quick. I'm only 3 weeks in and for some of the lifts I'm still adding weight to find my level - haven't failed yet on bench or deadlift - the overhead press is killing me - I'm only doing 55lbs (plus the bar - 20 more?) and I keep failing. My shoulders are killing me this morning but it's definitely getting easier and I feel stronger. I maybe started a bit heavy on that one but I'll get there in a couple of weeks.

Well a standard bar is 45 lb so if ur adding 55 of plates then thats 100. Ohp is a mutha, keep at it bruh

Should help. And static hangs.

Or just keep doing as many as you can until your count goes up.

Imo assisted pull ups are aight... id mix in some negatives

And if u can just do 3, then do 3 any chance u can. When u get to the gym, in between sets, before u leave, and whenever u can if u have a bar at home. You'll get back to 8+ quick

Thank you both. That's what my plan was. Do as many as I can on my own then finish with assisted when I get tired.

That's what I need to do, thanks for the tips. My fat-*** couldn't even do one a couple months ago and I wanna be able to get to 10 before the end of the summer. Did these BS ones before I left the gym earlier today.

The saved by the Bell theme music.. :nthat:

With the Zack Morris basketball jersey.. :nthat:

Sensational.

Funny because I was about to ask if you guys know of any good apps to keep track of your progress? I've never really done that and want to get started, ubt I don't feel like carrying a notebook and pen to the gym like most people I see.

Worst case scenario, I was just gonna text it to myself :lol:

Last edited:
I do Bradford presses with no issues. I think it's just bad for people with bad shoulders.

My boy was at the gym with Rasheed hageman. We all went to highschool together so he hit him up the other day to go to the gym. Bro was repping 500 pounds on bench too. :x
Figured it was only bad for people who had problems doing it, but what I read said it pushes (forgot the name of the rear delt) pass it's movement boundaries and also, it's bad for your rotator cuffs in the long run (but a great exercise for rear delt nonetheless).

also, why not target forearms? Lol even if I wear sleeved shirts, people can usually tell I lift from my forearms.

After 2 weeks of struggle, I finally did 5 sets of 315x3. Other weeks I got 3, 2 sets and 2 reps the other ones lol.

Gotta do a mini cut in like 2 weeks.

This chick got on my damn nerves man... I'm doing deadlifts and go to get some water, see an old friend and chop it up with him for a couple mins, not too long. I've only done warm ups and was about to start 5 working sets, and then maybe some lighter sets afterwards.
This girl was about to take my plates off and I politely told her I'm just starting. She tells me I was gone for a really long time and then proceeds to wait for me and stretch like 2 feet from my ***. This girl stayed and waited for me there the entire time. Was annoying AF.

There was a power rack open next to us too, I wanted to tell her go there but didn't feel like talking to her. Then she doing some stupid burpee ***** and bar only deadlifts, smh

You were gone for a couple of minutes. She should've took the weights off and burpees tocher heart's content.

Them ppl doing circuits in the power rack annoy me as equally as curling in the rack.

Them ppl doing circuits in the power rack annoy me as equally as curling in the rack.

:lol: i do circuits first 4wks of ed coan but thats only cuz we have 2 barbells at my gym...1 in the power rack and 1 on the bench press. I try and go early those days so i can be first there and knock it out quick. If someone asks me if i have a lot of sets left and they wanna squat or something i let em get their squats in and use the bar off the bench press if its available

:lol: i do circuits first 4wks of ed coan but thats only cuz we have 2 barbells at my gym...1 in the power rack and 1 on the bench press. I try and go early those days so i can be first there and knock it out quick. If someone asks me if i have a lot of sets left and they wanna squat or something i let em get their squats in and use the bar off the bench press if its available
I'm talking about bar squats, cross fit pull ups and push ups in them lol

This chick got on my damn nerves man... I'm doing deadlifts and go to get some water, see an old friend and chop it up with him for a couple mins, not too long. I've only done warm ups and was about to start 5 working sets, and then maybe some lighter sets afterwards.
This girl was about to take my plates off and I politely told her I'm just starting. She tells me I was gone for a really long time and then proceeds to wait for me and stretch like 2 feet from my ***. This girl stayed and waited for me there the entire time. Was annoying AF.

There was a power rack open next to us too, I wanted to tell her go there but didn't feel like talking to her. Then she doing some stupid burpee ***** and bar only deadlifts, smh

If I see someone walk away, I give the "2 set count" and then I'm using that equipment/area :lol:

I also hate that since I'm a "familiar face" at the gym now, people wanna start offering advice and stuff. I appreciate people trying to help but I'm good with my Jeff Cavalier workouts. I trust him more than some random gym meathead :lol:

Honestly if i see someone walk away i just stop em and ask if they done with that equipment. I dunno if they going to get some water, take a piss or they just an ******* who wasnt gonna put the weights back

Honestly if i see someone walk away i just stop em and ask if they done with that equipment. I dunno if they going to get some water, take a piss or they just an ******* who wasnt gonna put the weights back

Yep. And I'm that guy that if you're on your phone for 10 minutes between sets and chattin it up with your friends, I'm doin the Wreckx-N-Effect Rump Shaker stretch 2 inches from your face until you're done :lol:

Yep. And I'm that guy that if you're on your phone for 10 minutes between sets and chattin it up with your friends, I'm doin the Wreckx-N-Effect Rump Shaker stretch 2 inches from your face until you're done :lol:

:lol: you a fool

I hate that **** tho when people just be chatting not even working. No lie i was doing bench once and these 2 guys were on the 2 adjustable benches. I finished my barbell bench and the whole time they been talking to each other like they in a coffee shop. You know i had to debo the bench from one of em, dude didnt even have any dumbbells with him. Told him theres a coffee shop down the street you can talk all you want there

:rofl: :rofl: word. You gonna waste my time, then act like "oh I'm not done with this yet." Im gonna make things real uncomfortable while I put in work on my hammies.

Back
Top Bottom