STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Staying on the program is probably THE most important thing, especially with that program, it will get tougher I promise. In powerlifting just because you can do a certain weight for a certain amount of reps doesn't mean you should.

Now with that said, you should be using a true one rep max, meaning you couldn't do another rep but you did complete a full clean rep.

Also thats a pretty lofty goal, normal you want to shoot for like 25 pounds max on that program, unless you're a beginner or going on gear.
Yeah I was gonna say...Isn't that a 12 week program? A 55 lb jump in 3 months? Unless you're a beginner getting beginner gains, and even then, that's a stretch.

My dumbass thought it was a good idea to walk to the gym (5=10 min walk) in 5 degree weather with high winds. Felt like throwing up the whole session and my head was pounding sore. Don't even know how I made it through. Had to call an uber back home.

finished my first day/week of the ed coan.. weight was light but the back set of speed DL with 90 sec rest got me fatigued.

excited for this program.

Ya week 1 is always the easiest.

I remember weeks 4 and i think 6 or 7 being hard af. Hated those circuits too

Happy Saturday bruhs

Gym so empty ....just how I️ like I️t

Attachments

• 15F0A6BE-A8EF-4419-9456-183522A06D81.jpeg
    15F0A6BE-A8EF-4419-9456-183522A06D81.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 42
S*** DL day. I hope I’m not getting sick again. This freezing weather been messing me up

Damn that’s some new core work there. :lol: I guess same concept as the dudes who bro out and punch each other.

Gym was super chill today but I went to anytime.

Ripped my damn hand open though on my first 430 pull. Oh well I just wiped down everything I touched after.

Sumo dl

315x5
340x5
385x3
430x1
430x1
405 for two more singles. Sumo is feeling a lot more natural after some coaching.

Lat pulldown, I do a superset on that 10 regular sitting and then 10 with my feet behind me like I’m hip thrusting into the thing that holds your legs down. Looks crazy but hits a whole nother part of your lats. An OG showed me that one. Did 3 sets of those.

Then some close grip lat pulldowns and some barbell rows.

Basically dl and proceed to destroy lats.

Rumble Gang Rumble Gang Decided to try Kaged HCL and I love it. Scooped it on sale at vitamin shop. Lemon lime flavor is BANGING.

Leg day sucked a little less today. Plus I was wired for like 3 hours after. :lol:

Back to heavy bench.

315x1 (2 second pause)
280x3x5 (2 second pause)

I wrote my own full body program. I gotta write 2 more weeks. I'm gonna include variations. But so far it's actually pretty good.

So I'm not hitting one part per workout. I'm hitting all parts.

Also I'm able to throw up more weight since that one part isn't fatigued, really.

PSA ... if you’ve only been in the gym all of 2 weeks then there is absolutely NO REASON you should be directly training your forearms... and picking the heaviest DB you can find and just twisting it around is asking for trouble.

Thanks

Have a great day.

Smolov isn’t sustainable for long term progress. It’s strictly a peaking program and leaves a lot of people with injuries. It is really good at getting your max up though, not bashing it, it’s just not for anyone in here really.

5x5 with back down work is king for most people in my opinion, it will get you strong and it’s still decent volume. Most can progress with it and it’s pretty dummy proof.

Smolov isn’t sustainable for long term progress. It’s strictly a peaking program and leaves a lot of people with injuries. It is really good at getting your max up though, not bashing it, it’s just not for anyone in here really.

5x5 with back down work is king for most people in my opinion, it will get you strong and it’s still decent volume. Most can progress with it and it’s pretty dummy proof.

What %s should I use when doing 5x5

(Full) Smolov is a peaking program. The base meso and Jr. can (and have) been run continually, usually with short breaks between cycles. However, due to the way these programs are structured, the gains usually diminish the longer cycles are repeated consecutively.

I disagree that nobody on here can/should run it. I have used it in the past to great success. Just saying...

What %s should I use when doing 5x5

I would start off at 60% of your 1RM and add 5lbs to the bar each session until you can't progress linearly anymore.

5x5 can be straight sets or you could ramp Reg Park style (i.e. set 1 @ 60%, set 2 @ 80%, set 3-5 @ 100% of that day's working weight, not your 1RM).

Back
Top Bottom