STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Ahhhh strongman workouts!! :pimp: lumberjack flex

Finished week 10. Looking forward to going for three wheels on Monday. Gonna hit some deads Saturday and rest and chill sunday and get at it fresh.

You don’t know a good workout until you shovel snow. :pimp:

Also, helped push my dad car out of a snowdrift. Today was exactly the kind of workout I needed.

Get in the manual labor game. Everyday is a workout. Well I guess not total manual labor but a lot of pulling heavy hoses and rolling drums.

for those who have experience with following a powerlifting program,

how important is it to follow the weight exactly?

im gonna start ed coan DL program tomorrow. 1RM right now is 445 and im shooting for 500 at the end of the program.

first week it has me doing a top set of Deadlift (75%): 1x2 @ 375 lbs

I feel like 375 is a bit too light and I feel like I could do 385 or maybe even 395 for 1x2.

i know the # he chooses are based on percentages but yea.. any thought?

Staying on the program is probably THE most important thing, especially with that program, it will get tougher I promise. In powerlifting just because you can do a certain weight for a certain amount of reps doesn't mean you should.

Now with that said, you should be using a true one rep max, meaning you couldn't do another rep but you did complete a full clean rep.

Also thats a pretty lofty goal, normal you want to shoot for like 25 pounds max on that program, unless you're a beginner or going on gear.

Staying on the program is probably THE most important thing, especially with that program, it will get tougher I promise. In powerlifting just because you can do a certain weight for a certain amount of reps doesn't mean you should.

Now with that said, you should be using a true one rep max, meaning you couldn't do another rep but you did complete a full clean rep.

Also thats a pretty lofty goal, normal you want to shoot for like 25 pounds max on that program, unless you're a beginner or going on gear.

thanks for the response. i'll stick to the #s exactly. im jumping on multi vitamins so Im gonna stick with the 500 goal. lol. I wont be mad if I cant get 500 at the end. as long as I improve, i'll be satisfied lol.

cb8.png

Im getting back in to PL slowly now.

First "heavy" squat session in a few months

Warm up of about 50 reps with the bar

All sets done without belt

135x15,x10,x5,x20
225x10
315x8
365x5
405x3
315x3x5
225x10
135x20

SLDL SS with sitting leg press machine
3x10 on each with drop set on machine after 3rd set

Leg ext
100 reps total

Calves
5x10

thanks for the response. i'll stick to the #s exactly. im jumping on multi vitamins so Im gonna stick with the 500 goal. lol. I wont be mad if I cant get 500 at the end. as long as I improve, i'll be satisfied lol.

cb8.png

Fam if you boutta be on the Multis you will probably crush 550 after the program

Crazy how much pushing my knees out when squatting helps with my pain. It's such an easy thing that I often forget. I naturally push them out with heavier squats, but forget to do so with bodyweight. Of course, this is just me. I'm sure there are mad people who can squat with their knees going inward and have no problems at all.

Also, bruh:
bad-clean-form.png

started day 1 of vegan chocolate protein w/blackberries. actually fond of the flavor.

Back
Top Bottom