STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

(Full) Smolov is a peaking program. The base meso and Jr. can (and have) been run continually, usually with short breaks between cycles. However, due to the way these programs are structured, the gains usually diminish the longer cycles are repeated consecutively.

I disagree that nobody on here can/should run it. I have used it in the past to great success. Just saying...

Smolov is for PL for the most part, like real powerlifting, I don't think anyone in here is trying to squat 3 or more times a week. Then when you add in DL at least once a week, then that is going to be very taxing on your lower body and your body overall, you better have your recovery and diet on point especially if you're natty. Just look up reviews on it, countless people talk about getting inured while doing it.

Its fine if you want to just get strong at one lift over a 2-3 month period but for people in here its not going to be very beneficial in my opinion.

For most people squatting 2 times a week, once heavy and one volume or variant session like pause squats or front squats will lead to great results while being able to somewhat progress on other lifts as well.

Last edited:
Rainy day cardio

Attachments

• 3FD1E3EE-1576-4EC0-BBED-EC3919EC0424.jpeg
    3FD1E3EE-1576-4EC0-BBED-EC3919EC0424.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 6
Smolov is for PL for the most part, like real powerlifting, I don't think anyone in here is trying to squat 3 or more times a week. Then when you add in DL at least once a week, then that is going to be very taxing on your lower body and your body overall, you better have your recovery and diet on point especially if you're natty. Just look up reviews on it, countless people talk about getting inured while doing it.

Its fine if you want to just get strong at one lift over a 2-3 month period but for people in here its not going to be very beneficial in my opinion.

For most people squatting 2 times a week, once heavy and one volume or variant session like pause squats or front squats will lead to great results while bring able to somewhat progress on other lifts as well.

Thanks for this. StrongLifts helped my squat before my back gave me problems over the summer. Been struggling since. I’ll give this ago. Haven’t squatted more than once a week since.

Any brahs here on PPL? Got 11 more weeks of it before moving on to PHAT (again) for 13...

i been doing PPL for the past 2 years. my favorite split just cause its fun.

gotta love dedicating so much time to the incline bench and reaping the benefits in both the incline and flat bench.

my flat bench strength just shot up like a rocket in terms of control, volume, and weight.

push day today. 225 2x5, 230 1x5, 235 1x5 on flat.

incline db press: 100 1x6, 90 2x7

OHP: 140 3x5

and some other random push stuff lol

I can't sleep, yo.

The coffee I had yesterday morning must be the problem. I rarely drink coffee, so I guess I have a strong reaction to it when I do. It's almost 1am and the gym opens at six. I've only done this twice, but I might just pull an all-nighter and hope I don't pass out while deadlifting or something like that. I'm gonna be mad anxious, acting like a crackhead going through withdrawals in between sets.

Anyone in here actually go to a Planet Fitness? Is it really as bad as as it is made out to be? I'm looking to actually start going somewhere to workout because the gym where I live is down right now and I'm ready to move on. PF is one of the closest and by far the cheapest.

You can get a workout in there, but they have no free racks and DBs only go up to 75 most of the time.

When I went I just did arms or shoulders maybe back and would just superset/dropset/giant set and got a sick nasty pump in that way.

Hit back & bi, came home and shovelled mine and my neighbour's driveway. Good workout x2

Today was the day. Finally hit 3plates. Feels goooooood man

This how im feeling

Big dog status, i got big dog status

Finished with wide grip bench, db flat, skull crushers, weighted dips, rope pulldowns and hammer press machine.

m boiz m boiz good lookin with that program! Thinking of running it back again. Definitely seen a lot of improvement the past 10 weeks and not just in weight. Also good looks on that tip about using same grip as bench press for barbell rows. Thats helped a lot as well

Has anyone ever tried out any of the athlean-x programs? Saw some reviews on reddit but would like to kno if any of y'all have.

I would try one. I trust his knowledge supremely. I’ve used a lot of what I’ve learned in his videos in my own workouts and I’ve learned a lot. If you’re interested, go for it. I doubt you’ll be disappointed.

I don’t use them simply because I like putting the puzzle together myself, if that makes sense.

This how im feeling

Finished with wide grip bench, db flat, skull crushers, weighted dips, rope pulldowns and hammer press machine.

m boiz m boiz good lookin with that program! Thinking of running it back again. Definitely seen a lot of improvement the past 10 weeks and not just in weight. Also good looks on that tip about using same grip as bench press for barbell rows. Thats helped a lot as well

AND didn't record it smh

AND I could've sworn you just started his program last month lmao

This how im feeling

Good ****. Anytime anyone talk to you crazy just tell em ya max.

AND didn't record it smh

AND I could've sworn you just started his program last month lmao

:lol: started early november, it was probably a few weeks berore i went back to court.

Naw i stopped taking my phone with me to the gym. This cryptocurrency **** has me checking prices all the damn time, need to focus at the gym. If its not there i get my **** done quick.

This how im feeling

:pimp: good **** brotha! Gonna try for 3 plates today. Shoulder been kinda bothering me last few days though. Felt funny last bench day of the program then slept on it wrong the same night :smh:. Won’t be surprised if I don’t get it but still gonna try. Hit singles at 295 then 305 then back down to 295 a few time last heavy day of the program so I feel like I’ve got a shot if I jump right into it

What is the best pre work out, out right now?

Tired of C4, might go back to white flood. My homie sells his own so gonna try that out but looking around.

Anyone in here actually go to a Planet Fitness? Is it really as bad as as it is made out to be? I'm looking to actually start going somewhere to workout because the gym where I live is down right now and I'm ready to move on. PF is one of the closest and by far the cheapest.

Trash. It's the K-Mart of gyms. Any gym that offers complimentary donuts and pizza is not to be taken seriously.

What is the best pre work out, out right now?

Tired of C4, might go back to white flood. My homie sells his own so gonna try that out but looking around.
I've been taking GAT Nitraflex the last 3 years and no complaints there. It doesn't give you those nasty jitters and definitely gives you an amazing amount of focus.

Back
Top Bottom