STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

There’s a pretty good documentary on Netflix at the moment with those guys. Thor is something else - 6’9” but would dwarf someone even as big as Lebron.

There’s a pretty good documentary on Netflix at the moment with those guys. Thor is something else - 6’9” but would dwarf someone even as big as Lebron.

His calves are bigger than my quads

Relevant :lol:
864660EC-660E-4806-9A72-213D38531567.jpeg

what push pull routines are yall rockin with? I started doing push pull this new year and started with a sample routine from t-nation (link below). I enjoy it so far but was wondering if there is something better.
https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/push-pull-workout

I dont have an exact routine for my pull days as it differs but for my push, i have a pretty strict routine:

Barbell Bench (usually incline but flat is fine)
Incline DB
standing OHP
chest flys on pec deck machine or cables
hammr strength incline press
unilateral db shoulder press (standing up)
then some tricep pushdowns.

for legs its pretty simple. squat squat squat, then some accessories.

what push pull routines are yall rockin with? I started doing push pull this new year and started with a sample routine from t-nation (link below). I enjoy it so far but was wondering if there is something better.
https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/push-pull-workout

My basic PPL (legs have their own day) template looks something like this:

Push
Flat Bench Press
Strict Press
Incline Barbell Bench
Flat or Decline DB Press
Close-Grip Bench Press
DB Side Lateral Raises
Rope or Flat Bar Pushdowns
Overhead Cable Press or Skullcrushers
Cable Flyes
Barbell Shrugs

Pull
Deadlift
Pendlay Row
Weighted Pull-ups or Chin-ups
Lat Pulldowns
Seated Cable Row
Hammer Strength Row
Cable Side Lateral Raise
Face Pulls
DB Shrugs
Barbell or Preacher Curls
DB Hammer Curls
Cable or Machine Preacher Curls
Weighted Hyperextensions
Reverse Barbell Curls

Legs
Back Squat
Front Squat
Leg Press
Leg Extensions
Lying Leg Curls
Seated Leg Curls
Inner/Outer Thigh Machine
Standing Calf
Seated Calf
+ Assorted ab work

Been a good week in the gym so far.

Ohp
Bar x10
95x5
135x3x2
155x1
175x1
195x1
215x1 (pr)
225 fail
135x5

Got greedy went for 225. Almost cleared my head. 215 went up much easier than 210 did a few months back.

Squats
135x10
225x5
255x5x5
225x5
135x10

Dropped back down to 60% and running 5x5. You guys were talking about it a page back, decided to run it with yall and get it right.

Zerchers SS with db laterals 4x12
Bulgarian split squat SS with sir charles 4x12
Calf raises SS with plate front raises 4x12
Face pulls 4x12

Wanted to get tf outta there so super setted everything after ohp and squats

Leg day

Squats
All beltless

Warm up
bar x 3x10
135x10,10,5
225x5
315x3
365x1
405x5
425x3

Back offs
335x5x5
225x10

Seated leg press machine
250x4x15

Leg ext
100 reps total going heavy to light

Do you recommend back of sets while running 5x5?

I did legs today and squats looked like
Warmup
135x10
135x10
225x10

Working sets
335 5x5

Do you recommend back of sets while running 5x5?

I did legs today and squats looked like
Warmup
135x10
135x10
225x10

Working sets
335 5x5

When I was strictly running 5x5 they were basically max effort sets so I didn't do any sets after unless it was a few sets of pause squats. The only reason Im doing them now is to get more volume in for hypertrophy plus Im only squatting once a week.

What’s back offs?

Just extra sets to get more volume in.

What’s good y’all. One of my friends laced me with 6 months free at a gym. I’ve been doing straight bodyweight workouts for a while but I feel like I should take it a bit more seriously by being in the gym. I’ve never been in the gym before or lifted anything outside of a dumbbell, so I really don’t know where to start. If any NT brethren could give me some advice (DMs open) I would definitely appreciate it.

What’s good y’all. One of my friends laced me with 6 months free at a gym. I’ve been doing straight bodyweight workouts for a while but I feel like I should take it a bit more seriously by being in the gym. I’ve never been in the gym before or lifted anything outside of a dumbbell, so I really don’t know where to start. If any NT brethren could give me some advice (DMs open) I would definitely appreciate it.

whats your goal? to get stronger? to look good? both?

My biggest advice for anyone is to do your own research. Watch youtube videos, google every question you have, and apply the things you learn in your training/nutrition and adjust as you go.

whats your goal? to get stronger? to look good? both?

Definitely both, leaning towards the aesthetic side. Currently at 135, ideal weight is about 150-155.

My biggest advice for anyone is to do your own research. Watch youtube videos, google every question you have, and apply the things you learn in your training/nutrition and adjust as you go.

Thank you. I definitely have been doing as much research as I can so far, I figured I would utilize NT for some questions as well.

Definitely both, leaning towards the aesthetic side. Currently at 135, ideal weight is about 150-155.

Thank you. I definitely have been doing as much research as I can so far, I figured I would utilize NT for some questions as well.

ATHLEAN-X™

Best fitness channel on youtube IMO. Great resource for answering a lot of practical questions, debunking fitness myths, and showing new ways to train.

Here's an older video from him you might find useful.

I started the same height and weight as you basically. I'm 5'7 and was 130lb. currently 170 now.

Def go on youtube and do some searching and find fitness gurus you like watching. thats how I learned + practicing what I learned in the gym. Like someone said before, knowing what lifts you wanna do is like a puzzle. I started watching hodgetwins + matt ogus for both information + entertainment. other youtubers ppl watch are athlean-x, chris jones/pumpchasers/etc.

Thanks fellas for the tips. Just got in from work so I'll dive in to these vids now and take some notes.

Back
Top Bottom