STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Back in the gym today. Chest and Tris. Man I felt weak lol.

Bench worked up to 275x2 for 3sets.

DB bench
DB incline
Push ups
Dips
Skull crushers
Rope pulldown

Yo anybody got some advice on what a good starter routine is? I've been away from the gym for about a year because my pass expired and my laziness took over but I'm back to getting this weight off. Any help or recommendations are appreciated.

5x5 strong lifts

Yo anybody got some advice on what a good starter routine is? I've been away from the gym for about a year because my pass expired and my laziness took over but I'm back to getting this weight off. Any help or recommendations are appreciated.

SL or ICF 5x5 w/ Chins and Dips, and extra Hamstring work.

I'd start off there and do it consistently until all noob gains (i.e. linear progression) are exhausted.

Then come you can move on to something else.

My homie's wedding is in 2 weeks
I wanna look delicious for the MILFs/grandmas
What's the best way for me to cut some weight before then?
Thanks, fam

Pushups/pullups. As many as possible everyday.
Cardio everyday. 20 min HIIT at least pimpin.
If you have access to weights, lift heavy as you’re able to.

Clean eating. High protein, lots of greens. Eat when you’re hungry, don’t kill yourself fam.

Use the wedding yambs as motivation. I’m going to a wedding this weekend so I’m going hard as well.

Keep us updated brody,

That seems irrelevant based on the goal.
Hell have that alcohol and some cake and be a mess. Very relevant. Cleaning up the diet alone and just slightly lowering carbs will clean up that water weight he's holding in 2 weeksn

I'll always plug Kris gethins programs. Their tough but he thoroughly explains everything you'll do

Reactions: Ube
if on my fourth set of weights i can life twice my rep limit per set
that means im probably not lifting heavily enough right?

quitting the ed coan dl program. the back pain is getting bad and I feel like it may be a nerve issue cause it s affecting my right leg/groin area.

gonna play it safe and just not do exercises that stresses the lower back.

Do this. It’ll help with the back pain.

Also consider your core strength or lack thereof. I’ve tweaked my back about 3-4 times and it just dawned on me that I have a trash core. I was squatting 4 plates for reps or lat pulling/row pulling the entire stack with this weak *** core of mine. Upon some research I’ve come to the conclusion that lifting heavy with a weak core is like playing with fire. I use to never hit abs or lower back but it’s a necessity.

Unbeknownst to me , in the past while I was lifting heavy other areas of my body was doing too much work while my abs, erectors and glutes were chilling, meaning excess stress on other parts of my body (back/spine). It doesnt mean **** if you can bench 3 plates+ but cant hold a legit 60 second plank like myself :smh::lol: I’m dealing with a suspected back strain now and haven’t lifted like I’d like to for about 6 weeks now.

Also if you aren’t competing or just can’t resist it **** that deadlift **** :rofl: Y’all may kill me for it but IDC. DL is a high risk high reward exercise. Couple that with a rigorous program like ed coan and :sick:

I’m no PT but if having tingling in you're butt and legs sounds like a bulging disc pressing against nerve endings. We’re young guys; We lift to be active. It’d suck after putting in all this time we end up being those old guys always complaining about their backs. :lol:

Last edited:
Yea, I never hit abs lol. but how is anyone squatting 4 plates for reps with a weak core though? esp if its belt-less

it honestly my damn ego that makes me chase that 500 DL. i def need to try those stretches out and hopefully my back can feel better again.

Abs are like cardio, straight up boring. I do them every now and then but I get too bored with it.

I haven't DL in over a month lol. Gonna do some this weekend, but probably just go light.

Yea, I never hit abs lol. but how is anyone squatting 4 plates for reps with a weak core though? esp if its belt-less

it honestly my damn ego that makes me chase that 500 DL. i def need to try those stretches out and hopefully my back can feel better again.
Relatively weak is a better term I guess. But yea I was beltless at one point hitting 4 plates for 5 on my final set.

But my abs are super weak especially considering the amount of weight they’re suppose to be protecting me from/ helping me lift.

If you ever wanna feel minuscule try holding certain stretches/ yoga poses for a certain amount of time or try planking for 60 seconds for 4 sets with minimal rest :smh:

Relatively weak is a better term I guess. But yea I was beltless at one point hitting 4 plates for 5 on my final set.

But my abs are super weak especially considering the amount of weight they’re suppose to be protecting me from/ helping me lift.

If you ever wanna feel minuscule try holding certain stretches/ yoga poses for a certain amount of time or try planking for 60 seconds for 4 sets with minimal rest :smh:

If you want your ego crushed, try doing Pilates with white women.

Yoga core work is cool but them Pilates are no joke.

My friend that teaches pilates says that they tend to pass judgement on those who cant keep up in class.
I feel like if you try any other avenue related to fitness and obviously look like you lift people in that different avenue are just waiting for you to fail :lol:

I’ve taken MMA classes and anytime I’d get a lil winded all I’d hear is someone yell “oh yea, ain’t as easy as lifting weights huh” :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom