STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Im trying to get my outter/lower chest on point.

Decline flys should help for the lower part. More reps dont worry bout the weight.
Wide grip bench should target the outter chest part.

Try this...

Start off w/ close grip and go for 6 reps.
Switch to normal grip and go for another 6
Switch to wide grip and go for another 6.

You should be doing each "grip" right after you finish the 6, no resting. Itll give you a nice pump.

Just crushed chest. Mine has been growing and I usually do reps on reps on reps. I’ll post to give you some ideas.

Incline db 4x10
Flat db press superset w/ db flys. 5x10x10
Flat hammer press 4x12 1.5 reps per rep
Hammer incline 4x12
Machine chest press heavy as possible super set with machine dips heavy again. 4x10

Should be pretty fried after that.

Hit deads first time in over a month. Didn't go past 3plates.

I honestly don't care to go heavy on anything anymore.

Hit deads first time in over a month. Didn't go past 3plates.

I honestly don't care to go heavy on anything anymore.
I still want a 3 and a quarter bench. 5 plate squat. I know I’ve got it in me but I don’t run programs or anything.

And come to the dark side brother. Leave that deadlift nonsense in the past.

I still want a 3 and a quarter bench. 5 plate squat. I know I’ve got it in me but I don’t run programs or anything.

And come to the dark side brother. Leave that deadlift nonsense in the past.

Ya I've thought about trying to get to those numbers but now I'm like ehhh don't really care. I feel like once I hit 3plates, 4plates and 5plates it was whatever to me after. The thought of running programs again just has me feeling like **** that, I'm good. :lol:

I wanna cut down to around 200 that's the goal right now.

Ya I've thought about trying to get to those numbers but now I'm like ehhh don't really care. I feel like once I hit 3plates, 4plates and 5plates it was whatever to me after. The thought of running programs again just has me feeling like **** that, I'm good. :lol:

I wanna cut down to around 200 that's the goal right now.
What weight are you now? I’m around 210 but I’ve been as high as 260-270ish and low as 180.

Why are you cutting? Tryna be a papi and see ya abs?:lol:

What weight are you now? I’m around 210 but I’ve been as high as 260-270ish and low as 180.

Why are you cutting? Tryna be a papi and see ya abs?:lol:

I'm 217. For me it was about 250 cuz of meds I was taking. I haven't been sub 200 in 3yrs.

:lol: I'm trying a ting.

I'm 217. For me it was about 250 cuz of meds I was taking. I haven't been sub 200 in 3yrs.

:lol: I'm trying a ting.
:rofl:

17 pounds should be light work. If you feel good at 200 you should just say **** it and try for 195 or 190.

:rofl:

17 pounds should be light work. If you feel good at 200 you should just say **** it and try for 195 or 190.

I do feel a little lethargic since I got back in the gym this past week but I've chalked it up to fasting and being away (and not working out) for a couple weeks. Gonna figure out a good eating window for IF and run with it for a while and see how I feel.

:lol: you too? I could give a damn about a pr now. What’s the point it’s not like I’m competing.

I feel a million times better not lifting heavy everyday. It’s not like I can’t I still got it but it’s not that fun anymore.

Still hitting heavy on DL here. But I’ve been gearing more into box squatting and getting my bench up.

Found out I’ll need surgery on my nose. Severely deviated septum and other nasal passage abnormalities. Reason why I kept getting sick and I still struggle. Doc saying I may not feel myself after for about 1 month :sick:

I wanted to get in the 1k club and was lifting heavy for me at the time and making gains, working low reps. I think I hit that maybe 1.5 yrs ago, maybe got to 1100 total, and I haven’t lifted too heavy since then. That was fun (somewhat) pushing myself to reach that goal but now I’m switching gears to play more b-ball and my workouts are more focused on that. Not missing the heavy **** :lol:

Yeah I’m officially stalled on the bench. Couldn’t even hit the rep goal on my second set (85% of 90% of my true 1RM for 3 reps). I got 1.....

I only bench once a week. Plenty of rest, eat well, sleep well, hydrate well. I’ve got nothing. Guess it’s time to hit the reset on 531.

Yeah I’m officially stalled on the bench. Couldn’t even hit the rep goal on my second set (85% of 90% of my true 1RM for 3 reps). I got 1.....

I only bench once a week.

If you only bench once a week, it's not surprising. What other vertical/horizontal pressing you doing my dude?

Chances are it's not enough frequency, especially if you're not built for it.

Would probably reassess you *assistance* work (not accessory work) before resetting.

If you only bench once a week, it's not surprising. What other vertical/horizontal pressing you doing my dude?

Chances are it's not enough frequency, especially if you're not built for it.

Would probably reassess you *assistance* work (not accessory work) before resetting.

Yeah I was also thinking 1x a week wasn't enough. I used to bench multiple times a week, but I was in the gym 5-6x a week during that period in time and it just got old so I scaled it back. Perhaps to a detriment.

Bench is the only real free weight pressing I do. Maybe some overhead DB pressing for hypertrophy, but that's about it. Damn, thinking about it I really don't put up as much volume as I used to.

I didnt see my chest really grow until I started benching 205+ and DB pressing 80lb+.

like someone said here before, no ones building a big chest benching 135. I remember back when i was benching 165ish and doing a crap ton of chest machines but moving small weight thinking I was gonna build a big chest lol

Yeah I was also thinking 1x a week wasn't enough. I used to bench multiple times a week, but I was in the gym 5-6x a week during that period in time and it just got old so I scaled it back. Perhaps to a detriment.

Bench is the only real free weight pressing I do. Maybe some overhead DB pressing for hypertrophy, but that's about it. Damn, thinking about it I really don't put up as much volume as I used to.

Not really doing 5/3/1 right then bro. Standing Overhead BB Press is a core 5/3/1 lift and should not be skipped. If you have a medical condition (injury) that prevents you from doing it, get a substitute. Get stronger on OHP and your bench will improve some. Can't only bench 1x a week and expect your numbers to really improve

ahat ahat is right, Floor Press, DB Bench Press, and Dips (Weighted) will also push your BP numbers up.

As for frequency, at less than 5-6x a week on 5/3/1, check out the Boring But Big/Strong assistance templates. Either 5x10 or 10x5 sets of the opposite lift (i.e. 5/3/1 Press w/ 10x5 on Bench). Gets you hitting bench, squat, deads, and press 2x a week with only 4 days in the gym.:pimp:

Appreciate the suggestions. Definitely turning the frequency back up and hitting OHP. I stopped BB OHP mainly with the thought process of, if I did it after bench press then my OHP performance would be inhibited and vice versa. I could probably lead with OHP on a separate day and follow it with bench press and vice versa (like Tank Top Master Tank Top Master suggested with the Boring But Big reference).

Definitely re-thinking what I'm doing for sure. I was already leaning to increasing my frequency. Seems like that's gotta be the case.

This bar is legit. Worked up to 495 for a single and it moved quick.

F4CF6751-017F-4082-AA01-20651F22DC85.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom