STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I use the smith machine often, I use it as isolation workouts. my body is too beaten up at times to do the movements on free weights.
for squats I do close stance swats. stay lower to get time under tension when hitting it lower..

I think it all depends how you feel, it's not useless.

Yo Fams!

My wifes co-worker asked me for personal training and wants to pay but I'm not sure how much to charge him. I'm not certified or anything but I have trained others in the past as a favor but never as a hustle. I'm thinking about $20 an hour. I don't need the money but I'm thinking about more so charging him just to put a value on the time and service.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

if something goes wrong during a personal training session (ex. injury), cant they sue?

Less benificial to you gains wise when using a smith machine. Less muscle activation with any workout.

Can't actually think of any pros to using a smith machine.

Yeah the problem with Smith machines is they don't train the dynamic stabilizers because it already as a pre-determined bar path that doesn't apply to everyone's unique differences.

For example, if you're bench pressing free weight with an olympic barbell, your dynamic stabilizers like your rotator cuff are working to keep the bar stable as you go through the ROM. On a smith machine, you don't need that stability because there's no risk that the bar will deviate from it's path of straight up and straight down.

Smith machine is good for variety, but I wouldn't rely on it solely for compound lifts.

Last edited:
I ordered some POST gym for 30 bucks from Prime day
also some Rari pre workout seems pretty good from reviews for 20 on prime day also

I still cant really tell em apart. Only thorisdotter and thats because she looks like a flat chested christinia Hendricks

No hes still in the main competitions which isnt easy to qualify for. Just matt frasier is that dude.

With tia toomey its just her personality. Idk why but i love that bubbly positive attitude always smiling personality. Also i love big wavy brown hair also
That Tia is hot, banging pair of eyes and lovely hair. I like Froning more over Fraser anyday. Fraser comes across as a prick.

Anybody have any advice for “separated shoulder?”
I got hurt on Sunday
Tried going to a chiropractor yesterday but they said they couldn’t do anything

I got hurt on Sunday
what grade?

got injured June 3rd and opted to get surgery for Grade 3 since im still on the young side. Actually my surgeon told me he wouldn't allow me to consider not doing it :lol:

just last week started getting more movement, almost feel normal now but still some pain.

what grade?

got injured June 3rd and opted to get surgery for Grade 3 since im still on the young side. Actually my surgeon told me he wouldn't allow me to consider not doing it :lol:

just last week started getting more movement, almost feel normal now but still some pain.
How’d you injure it?

How’d you injure it?

had to bail on a mini bike when the throttle got stuck. was going like 30mph and landed directly on my shoulder :smh:

no helmet or anything on so I was lucky that was the only thing that happened.

first time ive ever broken anything or had to get surgery

had to bail on a mini bike when the throttle got stuck. was going like 30mph and landed directly on my shoulder :smh:

no helmet or anything on so I was lucky that was the only thing that happened.

first time ive ever broken anything or had to get surgery
Yikes.

Couldn’t been wayyy worse. Thank God.

I had a boosted board and bust my *** going slowww. Like not even 10mph. Got scrapped up real bad. Landed on my elbow and wrist which were sore after and I stayed out the gym for a couple of days.

Motorized activities are no joke.

Last edited:
Yikes.

Couldn’t been wayyy worse. Thank God.

I had a boosted board and bust my *** going slowww. Like not even 10mph. Got scrapped up real bad. Landed on my elbow and wrist which were sore after and stayed out the gym for a couple of days.

Motorized activities are no joke.

Yea trust me, I owned the bike and it had issues in the past with stuck throttle and issue with brakes thats why it was stored in the basement for 10 years

Cant dwell on it now just got lucky I didn’t hit my head otherwise I would’ve been ****ed

Wear helmets people!!

I got hurt on Sunday

Go to an actual sports ortho if you haven't already. Like Bert. Bert. said you need to find out which grade it is to determine how to proceed.

I'm assuming you know the difference between a separated shoulder and dislocated shoulder too. Two completely different injuries.

Back
Top Bottom