STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Anyone know how to do squats if you have bad knees? I work in retail and messed them up from not wearing knee pads so when I do squats I feel pain in my knees. Any tips? I used to do squats with a chair/stepper idk exactly what they’re called right behind me and would basically just sit on it for a quick second then get back up.

Right knee is bothering me during squats. Can’t really describe it more than it just feels sore.

I haven’t done leg work in a week...

Anyone know how to do squats if you have bad knees? I work in retail and messed them up from not wearing knee pads so when I do squats I feel pain in my knees. Any tips? I used to do squats with a chair/stepper idk exactly what they’re called right behind me and would basically just sit on it for a quick second then get back up.

Yeah I think my issue is my ankle dorsiflexion. My mobility there is limited on the front side of the joint. There's a blockage going on. Been doing band distraction mobilizations for a long time. Tried load the new ROM I would temporarily get from them (as suggested to keep as much of the new temporary ROM gained as possible) and the improvements have been minimal.

My knees have also seem to start clicking and cracking more as well as just randomly giving out on me in the middle of walking. It's really weird. I don't think anything is wrong inside the joint itself.

Ube Ube

Try this:

Main points: controlling forward knee motion as well as degree of knee flexion can curb the pain and allow you to still go HAM in the gym.

My knees always click/crack when I’m warming up. That’s not a big deal as long as it doesn’t hurt...

You should see what the root is and rehab it then you won’t have to work around it. Ligaments and tendons need exercise too not just the muscles. Maybe that’s what’s causing your pain.

Ube Ube

Ran out of preworkout last week so decided to go this week without any and see how I felt....man I still felt good was able to max on bench at 275 and still felt like I could go higher. Now I'm questioning why I even buy preworkout

some guy at the gym slammed 315 on the flat bench making sure everyone saw and was tryna act all tough.

im like ok cool he gonna push some serious weight... then he proceed to bust out the slingshot and does a struggle 1 rep.

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

slamming weights is a privilege

do any of yall eat organs, ?
I love chicken livers and gizzards
I watch a lot of Evan Centaponi he likes heart and liver as well.
also bone marrow that he makes look great.

Reactions: JPS
What's good NT? I mean what's really good?

Inb4 Wendler reads this and has me killed.:nerd:

5/3/1 Who Was CNS, Who Was CNS (ppl version), and nSuns 5/3/1 are legit.

I suggest my 5/3/1 brahs hop on and get them gains up. Either increase the frequency or greatly increase your volume. Unless you are only lifting all advanced/elite numbers, 5/3/1's progression is prolly too slow. Some of my ish started regressing.

On nSuns my DL is going up like 10 lbs a week and these bench PRs are going like hotcakes.

Will report in once I've totaled 1400 raw. Will probably deload after that and get back on the Who Was CNS version until I start PHAT w/ extra volume in 2019 using 5/3/1 5's Pro on main lifts. Goal is 1600 raw in the next 3 years.:sick::lol:

Man some people take their sweet ****ing time in the gym SMH.

This dude shows up when I'm about halfway through squats and starts benching on the smithers machine. No lie, i finished my squats, ohp, Bulgarian split squats, single arm barbell press, hamstring curls, db raises and face pulls and this mfer is still benching. I had calf raises left, which I do on the Smith machine. I wanted debo the machine from him so bad.

Ended up doing em with DBs. Not the same though...

Worked up to 4x3 paused reps @ 315.

Anyone get irritated by the leg press machine?

1. I gotta load it up with mad plates. I never go more than 9 or 10 plates on each side because I don’t want to be obnoxious and take up mad 45s in the gym.

2. There needs to be a P.S.A. that leg press is not a true marker of strength.

I mean I don’t really care. I think you can only put 7 on each side of the one at my gym anyways.

You wanna carry over 26 plates and hit sets of 2 quarter leg presses that’s cool...

I use leg press after my squats and usually go no more than 6 per side but do 4-5 sets to almost failure.

I mean I don’t really care. I think you can only put 7 on each side of the one at my gym anyways.

You wanna carry over 26 plates and hit sets of 2 quarter leg presses that’s cool...

I use leg press after my squats and usually go no more than 6 per side but do 4-5 sets to almost failure.
I’ve never maxed the one out at my gym but by the looks of it I’d say it can hold 16 or 18 plates on each side. 8-10 is fine enough for me. I just do 12 to 15 reps with 4 to 5 sets to finish off my leg workout after everything else. I’m most certainly not walking over all them damn plates :lol:

you know those people who fill the bench press bar with all like 10 10lbs plates on each side... like why...

:lol: nah **** that.

You got one of those machines with two sets of plates per side?

Ours just has one, but the nice thing is the back of the machine holds the plates and it’s kind of an unspoken rule to leave two on per side because no one uses less than that, not even girls. :lol:

you know those people who fill the bench press bar with all like 10 10lbs plates on each side... like why...

Drop set papis.

Load the bar up with hella 10s. Go to fail, take 20 pounds off go until fail agin. So on and so forth then do the bar too until you can’t even bench that.

That’s actually really fun to do with a friend and a good laugh towards the end.

Back
Top Bottom