STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Anyone get irritated by the leg press machine?

1. I gotta load it up with mad plates. I never go more than 9 or 10 plates on each side because I don’t want to be obnoxious and take up mad 45s in the gym.

2. There needs to be a P.S.A. that leg press is not a true marker of strength.

I haven't legged pressed in months tbh

Drop set papis.

Load the bar up with hella 10s. Go to fail, take 20 pounds off go until fail agin. So on and so forth then do the bar too until you can’t even bench that.

That’s actually really fun to do with a friend and a good laugh towards the end.

next time i see someone do that imma tell em to man up and drop set with 45lb plates :angry:

you know those people who fill the bench press bar with all like 10 10lbs plates on each side... like why...

Drop sets bro...drop sets.

:lol: nah **** that.

You got one of those machines with two sets of plates per side?

Ours just has one, but the nice thing is the back of the machine holds the plates and it’s kind of an unspoken rule to leave two on per side because no one uses less than that, not even girls. :lol:

It’s like this. Most of the plates I use are held right on the machine so it ain’t like I’m dragging plates from all over the gym.
13717_0_1.jpg

I hope you didn’t think I was walking 20 plates from all over just to do some leg press :lol: My lazy *** is talking about having to go 12 feet to grab 2 or 4 extra plates :rofl:

I was just thinking like damn this dude work out in a hotel with one set of plates he has to take everywhere? :lol:

Outside injury to the knee itself, a common source of the pain comes from the knee compensating a weaker chain in the body.

The knee is in between the ankle and hip. It's only as strong as its partners. I would look at those 2x joints first. It could be alignment, tightness or weakness which is putting unnecessary stress on the knee.

You've got it right with looking at ankle mobility and also strengthening too! You can do a Thomas test and assess hip tightness, then look into some mobility there.

You'd be surprised a loose 'top' and 'bottom' can improve knee pain.

Yeah I think my issue is my ankle dorsiflexion. My mobility there is limited on the front side of the joint. There's a blockage going on. Been doing band distraction mobilizations for a long time. Tried load the new ROM I would temporarily get from them (as suggested to keep as much of the new temporary ROM gained as possible) and the improvements have been minimal.

My knees have also seem to start clicking and cracking more as well as just randomly giving out on me in the middle of walking. It's really weird. I don't think anything is wrong inside the joint itself.

@kix28

Try this:

Main points: controlling forward knee motion as well as degree of knee flexion can curb the pain and allow you to still go HAM in the gym.

anyone have tips with pinched nerves in the lower back and how long it takes to heal?

I know it dpeends on how bad it is but anyone have any previous experience with this injury? hurts like hell when I wake up and the first couple hours but as the day goes on it doesnt hurt too much. hoping it recovers on its own with time and stretches. avoiding any lifts that use the lower back like squats, rows, DL, etc.

anyone have tips with pinched nerves in the lower back and how long it takes to heal?

I know it dpeends on how bad it is but anyone have any previous experience with this injury? hurts like hell when I wake up and the first couple hours but as the day goes on it doesnt hurt too much. hoping it recovers on its own with time and stretches. avoiding any lifts that use the lower back like squats, rows, DL, etc.

The main thing is to try and not stay laid up all day. It’ll hurt more and take longer to heal.

The main thing is to try and not stay laid up all day. It’ll hurt more and take longer to heal.

thanks. yea, i been trying to stay away from laying on my bed all day. working from home standing up as well using my yeezy shoe boxes to make my own bootleg standing desk :lol:

How do yall feel about lifting to failure?

That's how I was usually lifting but ever since I stopped doing so, I feel as if it benefits my overall workout more because I'm not drained as fast.

man one of those days when everything just felt right. :pimp:

How do yall feel about lifting to failure?

That's how I was usually lifting but ever since I stopped doing so, I feel as if it benefits my overall workout more because I'm not drained as fast.

I never lift to failure. at least on compound movements. it burns you out and fries your CNS even more resulting in you doing less working sets/reps.

example:

3x5 to failure is a total of 15 reps. if you didnt lift to failure you could've conserved more energy and have done 4x4 which is a total of 16 reps so its 1 more extra working rep.

So i basically up til bed time...
Weigh myself in the Am. And im about 207 i take a shake get a bcaa drink in
I then go do cardio. Sweat. Weigh again and im like 204 . Which weight to trust or take a hapoy median?

Back
Top Bottom