STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What's up NT family. For a while I was looking for this thread but just now found it.
So amazing to see all of your guys progress and grind!

I have my own journey myself that I started back in May, it completely changed my life. Back on May 28th I made the choice to switch up my diet and start exercising regularly. My family had already been on the fitness grind for a while, but I was on campus thus making it much harder to start/maintain something consistent like that. It was honestly one of the toughest things for me to do. I was so accustomed to eating whatever I wanted to eat, when I wanted to. Even though I've been vegetarian my whole life and people tend to associate that with only eating clean, but that was the complete opposite for me. Ever since late elementary school I was overweight and on May 28th when I started, I was 209 pounds, with a 42.5 inch waist.

Starting over the summer was a blessing and a curse. While I was really able to dial in and keep a consistent workout/diet schedule, it was also difficult because it was sometimes hard to find food when going out to eat with the homies. The temptations were pretty strong honestly. But after a certain point once I started seeing results and the pounds starting to drop I became addicted to the grind. There was no better feeling then being able to go into stores and actually have clothes fit properly (while not struggling to close the button.) For the longest time I wasn't even buying new clothes so I was just kind of rocking baggy items because my body was constantly changing.

In terms of what I did, I was following the Beach Body workout programs. My fam and I have a home workout room setup where we could workout while following the videos and using the dumbbell set we copped. I started of with 21 day fix program and did it twice, which helped a ton. Then for my last 6 weeks before school started I was following their Liift 4 program which I loved a lot. It consisted of longer workouts, a different workout everyday, and was a great blend between cardio, core, and lifting. I was able to further work at my physical definition while also continuing to drop the pounds which was nice. For the diet, I was also using the food group/portion containers they had and made a spreadsheet for each week on what I was eating. My diet consisted a lot of fruits and veggies for snacks, a daily shake with the beach body protein powder, brown rice, tofu, veggie burger, lentils, salads, etc... Luckily Indian food is generally pretty healthy/can be made healthy and has a lot of lentils or veggies for the main part of the dish.

Once school started and classes really picked up, I couldn't workout out like I was able to during the summer because of school and extracurriculars. But I still maintained the nutrition aspect of things and was able to still lose weight. Currently I'm back home for Winter Break and have been able to start working out again, however I'm mad sore lol. My weight is now at 152.4 and waist is 31 inches, for a total of 56.6 pounds down and 11.5 inches off my waist!

Ultimately, I just wanted to share my story and the journey I've had thus far. If someone would've told me I'd look like this back at the beginning of May I would've told them to shut up. It's amazing what you can do when your mind and body are on the same page, and you have persistence, consistency, and willpower. I'm excited to keep up with everyone's grind in here and will continue to update you all on mine now that I found this thread haha. Salute to you all and Happy Holidays! :nthat:

Some progress pics:

May /August /Last Week

48429623_1902684613163051_8932373193503539200_n.jpg

48420825_2216722008365986_3759153886552653824_n.jpg

48975158_219243768965458_6084742415204220928_n.jpg

Last edited:
I finally got the rice cooker today for xmas. Basmati rice came out to perfection. Ive never made such fluffy perfectly textured rice before on the stove.

blastercombo blastercombo
My wife got me the jaybird freedoms (she bought em for me 2 months ago before Best buy had the x3s for 70 bucks.)

What do you think off em

I finally got the rice cooker today for xmas. Basmati rice came out to perfection. Ive never made such fluffy perfectly textured rice before on the stove.

blastercombo blastercombo
My wife got me the jaybird freedoms (she bought em for me 2 months ago before Best buy had the x3s for 70 bucks.)

What do you think off em
Girl got me the x4s. Fit is much better but the 3’s are solid. Gonna be a deal to find the fit that works best for you

You have 2 now?
The freedpms fit in my ear perfectly. The charging kit im not a fan of tho
Yeah. My 3’s are beat but work fine. Yeah the charge dock is horrid but it keeps it water proof I guess. Not the worst thing ever. Overall still the best headphones I’ve ever used and beat the things to death. No beats have ever lasted me for whatever reason

Last edited:
I have been using these walmart cheap 30 dollar pair for years and other than the lowered sound quality after awhile they been good to me. So im hoping even tho i got the freedoms they run as smooth for me.
The my sound app doesnt work on my Piece of crap LG phone but i may start using my spare galaxy 7 as my music phone so i can clear space on my personal phonen

I have been using these walmart cheap 30 dollar pair for years and other than the lowered sound quality after awhile they been good to me. So im hoping even tho i got the freedoms they run as smooth for me.
The my sound app doesnt work on my Piece of crap LG phone but i may start using my spare galaxy 7 as my music phone so i can clear space on my personal phonen
To me the app is useless.

Back
Top Bottom