STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Im just saying what the studies have shown. It's the most accurate wrist apparatus for a heart monitor but for energy expenditure not so much. Wrist monitors are less accurate in general compared to a chest monitor.

I've never known any device, mobile or stationary, to be good at calculating energy expenditure. What are you recommending for that? Sorry if I missed it.

Im just saying what the studies have shown. It's the most accurate wrist apparatus for a heart monitor but for energy expenditure not so much. Wrist monitors are less accurate in general compared to a chest monitor.
Oh I agree for sure. Not arguing that, but for casual use it’s good enough. If you’re preparing for the Olympics I wouldn’t recommend it haha

I've never known any device, mobile or stationary, to be good at calculating energy expenditure. What are you recommending for that? Sorry if I missed it.

I plan on buying the Wahoo Fitness Tickr X Heart Rate Monitor. Read nothing but good reviews and claims of accuracy

I plan on buying the Wahoo Fitness Tickr X Heart Rate Monitor. Read nothing but good reviews and claims of accuracy

Yeah, probably great at tracking heart rate but I have no idea how someone could claim accuracy of calories burnt. I am no scientist, maybe someone can educate me how one device can be better than another at guessing your calories spent. I just don't think our bodies are that simple/similar.

Last week of this training block and just finished my intensity squat/bench day.. hardest workout ever today for me

Squat: 385 1x2 (rep pr) then 330 3x4
Bench: 265 1x2 paused then 245 3x4
Goblet Bulgarian split squat 3x8
Weighted planks 35lb 3x40 sec
Db shoulder press 3x12

Yeah, probably great at tracking heart rate but I have no idea how someone could claim accuracy of calories burnt. I am no scientist, maybe someone can educate me how one device can be better than another at guessing your calories spent. I just don't think our bodies are that simple/similar.

It's just an estimate. It's not meant to seen as 100% accurate

it’s definitely a rough estimate based on heart rate, age and weight

Day 3

1hr lifting (squats, ohp and DL)
20min warm up/mobility
15min metcon
10min abs
10min cool down

2410BD00-5E40-456D-A055-0FDF62990B7F.jpeg

bet you’d be shocked by how many calories you burn lifting. i typically burn between 600-800 calories in an hour of lifting

it’s definitely a rough estimate based on heart rate, age and weight

All im saying is for 400$, i want the exact numbers :pimp:

But hey, everyones different. My wife has the apple watch but thats cause shes horrible with texting. *Shrug*

All im saying is for 400$, i want the exact numbers :pimp:

But hey, everyones different. My wife has the apple watch but thats cause shes horrible with texting. *Shrug*

for sure. i wouldnt have bought it if it was just for the fitness tracking

one thing that bothers me w/ da apple watch is when i go super heavy and want to use wrist wraps i gotta take the watch off

luckily ive become a weak pansy during this cut and havent lifted heavy to the point of wrist wraps

asically i aint ish

Back
Top Bottom