STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Nah, I’d say anyone could add 50-60 pounds do their max if you’re already a good dl’er.

Are you sure it wasn’t just an oly bar you used? They are also narrower and have a lot more whip a regular power bar.

We got some like that too.

We got a Chan bar that is pretty dope. It’s all rusty too, I like it the knurling doesn’t tear up your hands.

"I" damn sure wouldn't be able to do that.. :rofl:

Coming from someone who had ACL reconstruction, they haven't torn it, probably just a sprain or something, maybe meniscus related instead.

You can definitely do certain lower body work on a fully ruptured ACL once the initial pain and swelling has gone away. Completely tore my ACL, MCL and meniscus when I was still playing ball and the surgeons said it would be better to wait the 6 - 8 weeks for my MCL and meniscus to heal, and then do the reconstructive knee surgery on my ACL (team patella tendon, no cadavers).

Trainers said it was best to use those 8 weeks to stay in shape and to get my legs as strong as possible pre-surgery (you're rehabilitating *** will thank yourself later). They basically prescribed HIIT and heavy lower body lifts. Was running sprints on the track every day then to the gym doing squats, deads and upper body work. With a fully torn ACL the only things that are out of play is ANY lateral movement.

I wasn't used to the upper body work. :lol: Put on new muscle too quickly in my chest in those fews weeks, when I woke up from the anesthesia post surgery, my thoracic wall literally collapsed onto my lungs and I couldn't breath. Had to stay overnight for an extra day.:smh:

Bench/Close Grip Bench today on nSuns 5/3/1.

Cable CrossOvers, Tricep Rope Extension, Face Pulls for accessory work.

Bench/Close Grip Bench today on nSuns 5/3/1.

Cable CrossOvers, Tricep Rope Extension, Face Pulls for accessory work.

Needs more volume.
beli.png

- break -

@SupremeBeing5 you still breathing homie?:lol:

Shout out to enemy of the board m boiz m boiz
Thanks for the program. I think this is the shock to my body i needed. I def feel stronger (ending week 2) and the random. Exercises i didnt normally do.
Plus the diet i had in place already. Im finally breaking that 194lb i was stuck at and close to my goal of 190 . (Was 190.8 yesterday)

You can definitely do certain lower body work on a fully ruptured ACL once the initial pain and swelling has gone away. Completely tore my ACL, MCL and meniscus when I was still playing ball and the surgeons said it would be better to wait the 6 - 8 weeks for my MCL and meniscus to heal, and then do the reconstructive knee surgery on my ACL (team patella tendon, no cadavers).

Trainers said it was best to use those 8 weeks to stay in shape and to get my legs as strong as possible pre-surgery (you're rehabilitating *** will thank yourself later). They basically prescribed HIIT and heavy lower body lifts. Was running sprints on the track every day then to the gym doing squats, deads and upper body work. With a fully torn ACL the only things that are out of play is ANY lateral movement.

I wasn't used to the upper body work. :lol: Put on new muscle too quickly in my chest in those fews weeks, when I woke up from the anesthesia post surgery, my thoracic wall literally collapsed onto my lungs and I couldn't breath. Had to stay overnight for an extra day.:smh:

Team cadaver checking in. How old were you at the time? I was only 14, no MCL but meniscus and they also thought id fractured my grow plate so I was in a cast for a few months so my case was a little different, I was picking anything up :lol:

Week 4, Day 5: 4:30AM workout

nSuns 5/3/1 - Day 5 (Bench/Close-Grip 5/3/1 Day):
1. Bench Press: w/u
1x5x205; 1x3x230; 1x1+ [5]x255; 1x1x265; 1x1x275; 1x1x290; 1x3x245; 1x5x230; 1x3x215; 1x5x205 1x3x190x5+ [5]x175
2. Close-Grip Bench Press:
1x6x110; 1x5x135; 3,5,7,4,6,8 @ 160
3. Decline Chest Press 3x15
4. High-Low Cable Flyes 3x12
5. Machine Preacher Curl 3x10 ss/
6. EZ-Bar Skullcrushers 3x10
7. DB Hammer Curls 3x12 ss/
8. Tricep Pushdowns 3x10,12,15
9. Overheard Cable Press 3x10 ss/
10. Incline Dumbbell Curls 3x10
11. Tricep Cable Kickbacks 3x12
12. Seated Barbell Wrist Curls 4x12
13. DB Wrist Curls 3x12

Summary: 54 working sets
Time: 2hrs, 09mins.

Man I’m happy I’ve never had anything outside of lower back pain I was inflicting myself with weight gain and heavy lifting. I’m the type that would join a random game of indoor soccer when asked an hour before or play ball if they need one more. If I’m stuck doing nothing but lifts it would kill me.

Team cadaver checking in. How old were you at the time? I was only 14, no MCL but meniscus and they also thought id fractured my grow plate so I was in a cast for a few months so my case was a little different, I was picking anything up :lol:

I feel you, I was already a grown up kid, 19yo going on 20.

but the MCL controls lateral movements...ACL operates on the forward/backward plane....you ran sprints on a fully ruptured ACL? No way. I need footage. you must've had to wear the stone cold knee brace and you arent running hard in that.

Back
Top Bottom