STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

NOT an aggie!!!!!!
Sorry bro I rep OU!! Even tho y'all murdered us this year! I was born and raise in the OK. Been in texas for 2 yrs now.
My numbers werent where they should have been, but since it was my first meet I was kinda conservative. 
Squat 530... Really it was 550.....
Bench 355
Dead 508

All raw. I don't lift equipped. 

Hey man... How was the Cotton Bowl? haha jk

Congrats on your first meet.

All raw. I don't lift equipped. 

Can we get clarification on this? Does that mean no straps/belts and such?

In powerlifting, you can use belts, knee wraps, squatting suits and bench shirts as safety/ precautionary measures to avoid injuries. Incidentally, they also allow you to do more weight in most cases

When u lift raw all u can use is a belt and wrist wraps. U can't wear knee wraps. They also have bench suits, squat suits and deadlift suits. They usually add around 50+ lbs to ur max lift.
I weighed in at 214lbs

I'm no expert but aren't carbs supposed to be the lowest? Most of my trusted sources I've read say something in the range of 40-40-20. Is there anyone that knows about this that can explain it somewhat simply and what different ratios may provide?
Fats are normally the lowest percent when it comes to a macro setup. 40/40/20 would be 40 percent carbs, 40 percent protein and 20 percent fats, all this is percentages out of your daily number of calories. Also, 1 gram of fat= 9 calories 1 gram of carbs or protein = 4 calories.
I need to go grab madddddddddd groceries tomorrow. But question, since i didn't end up going to the gym today. Is it ok if I didn't hit my macros and did these numbers?

iLLest!
Bro I'm telling you don't make macros harder than it should be 
laugh.gif
 Since your on a bulk just make sure you got your calories and protein in, and make it as close to "clean" as possible.

Had a nice shake before I went in on some shoveling.  Still got a lot left to shovel.  Friggin 28 inches... :smh:   That as well as some calisthenics was my workout for today.  State is pretty much shut down.

12 oz almond milk
1 serving peanut butter
1/4th cup steel cut oats (grounded it up in the magic bullet)
1 1/2 frozen banana
2 strawberries
handful spinach
1/2 scoop whey
I have a slight variation of this

Almond Milk
Peanut Butter
Nutmeg
Cinnamon
Steel Cut Oats
Graham Crackers

:smokin

Just got done BEATING my legs like a red headed step child

FELT GREAT
pimp.gif

Slowly getting my squat up, gotta keep working at it.

Gonna be sore tomorrow

CANT WAIT

Hit a 3 hour session today...I'm beat now.

Moving from Smith machine squats to free barbell squats wasn't even too bad. Started off real shaky, with form all messed up, barbell swinging around, and me using my forefoot going down. Ended up squatting 175 with good form.

I did wide grip pullups today too...without the assist bar. I banged out 3 sets of 5...I'm happy with that because I didn't even think I would be able to do 1.

Tuesday, it's on with bench. My coordination with that needs to improve.

Am i the only one who reads illest posts in his voice? hahaha

I cant help it anymore!

why does it hurt?

it doesn't hurt. it's just that your glucose levels are un-naturally low and your body switches over to fats as your source for fuel . As a result, your cognitive abilities are not there 100% and your thinking may be "fuzzy" or "hazy". If you're doing a 13 day keto diet with the 14th day serving as the re-feed (i.e. carb reload), the fuzziness will go away after Day 6/7 (when your body gets used to it).

Keto works. It just takes a lot of mental discipline. However, I would not recommend it if you've got a task that requires a lot of thinking (e.g. a midterm) coming up. Good luck!

Right now I'm using Optimum Nutrition's brand. When I worked out after using it for the first time it gave me the ability to bang out those last 2 reps EASY
creatine doesn't work like that after taking it once. the muscle has to saturate and it will generally show no effects until at least 10 days or more. placebo is a helluva thing though.

creatine doesn't work like that after taking it once. the muscle has to saturate and it will generally show no effects until at least 10 days or more. placebo is a helluva thing though.

Yeah I heard you need to saturate it within the loading phase first 3-4 days. I'll finally have a pre-workout, creatine and protein stack to work with.

Yeah I heard you need to saturate it within the loading phase first 3-4 days. I'll finally have a pre-workout, creatine and protein stack to work with.

you dont load creatine, dis regard the label.

take 5g a day, everyday and in about a month you will be saturated.

Back
Top Bottom