STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Also everybody ain't going in the gym with a full camera setup to be taking videos and all that

That **** is annoying by the way
TBH I never seen anyone with a full camera set up at the gym :lol:

I've seen people set up their phones though. I've done it before, pretty much for form check though since I don't have a workout partner. Watch it between sets and try to correct it the next set.

Lol the wall behind him in the second clip says "performance enhancement professionals"

:lol: :lol:

Had the amazing pleasure to spot today at the Special Olympics 4 county state qualifier.

First time Spotting at a meet at this level and with these athletes.

Some great lifts by amazing people.

Peep my IG story (bronamath_) for the few videos I posted of deadlifts (back spotted during squats and bench).

Someone pulled 475 and another 450!

Best bench of the day 300lb

Squat 295lb.

Had the amazing pleasure to spot today at the Special Olympics 4 county state qualifier.

First time Spotting at a meet at this level and with these athletes.

Some great lifts by amazing people.

Peep my IG story (bronamath_) for the few videos I posted of deadlifts (back spotted during squats and bench).

Someone pulled 475 and another 450!

Best bench of the day 300lb

Squat 295lb.
I saw the blind dude that deadlifted like 4xx something. impressive. cool stuff man

Last week joined my girl in her chest workout. She already started on the decline bench so I jumped in. 3rd set, 315lbs, came off the rack, came down then felt some tearing and heard some cracking through my headphones :smh:. Put it back on the rack and called it a day:lol:. Shoulder was numb, armpit and outter pec was swollen. Assumed I tore the pec tendon which I probably did. Next day, not much pain or discomfort and gradually felt better each day. Saturday I tried to test it out with 50lb DB presses and NOPE. Felt it bad where the pectoralis major tendon attaches to the humerus.

It was my fault though cause my chest wasn't recovered from my last chest workout

Last edited:
Last week joined my girl in her chest workout. She already started on the decline bench so I jumped in. 3rd set, 315lbs, came off the rack, came down then felt some tearing and heard some cracking through my headphones :smh:. Put it back on the rack and called it a day:lol:. Shoulder was numb, armpit and outter pec was swollen. Assumed I tore the pec tendon which I probably did. Next day, not much pain or discomfort and gradually felt better each day. Saturday I tried to test it out with 50lb DB presses and NOPE. Felt it bad where the pectoralis major tendon attaches to the humerus.

It was my fault though cause my chest wasn't recovered from my last chest workout

gonna go to the doctors to get it checked out? sounds pretty bad.

on a side note, once I pull 5 plates im scooping that sbd belt

gonna go to the doctors to get it checked out? sounds pretty bad.

on a side note, once I pull 5 plates im scooping that sbd belt
Nah. I don't think it's bad enough to warrant a doctor's visit. I did the same thing to my IT band a few years back where I did legs hard with someone but they weren't recovered from my previous leg workout. Just kept it wrapped for my leg workouts and it healed up after about a year

Lower Body Power Day - W1, D2: 8:00pm workout -

1. Back Squat: 3x5 @ 220, 250, 285; 1x1 @ 315, 345, 375
2. Deadlift: 3x5 @ 275, 320, 365; 1x1 @ 405, 455, 495
3. Walking Lunges: 2x10
4. Hack Squat: 2x10
5. Leg Press: 2x10 SS/
6. Glute-Ham Raise: 2x10
7. Leg Extension: 3x10 SS/
8. Seated Leg Curl: 3x10
9. Smith Standing Calf Raise: 4x10
10. Seated Calf Raise: 3x10

Summary: 33 working sets
Time: 1hr, 59mins.

Rest day tomorrow finna be
rejoice.png

WHat program you on?

WHat program you on?

That is my take on Layne Norton's PHAT program.
Day 1: Upper Body Power (low-reps) Day
Day 2: Lower Body Power (low-reps) Day
Day 3: Rest (sometimes add in extra bench work or abs) Day
Day 4: Back/Shoulders Hypertrophy [high reps] Day
Day 5: Lower Body Hypertrophy Day
Day 6: Chest/Arms Hypertrophy Day
Day 7: Rest (sometimes an abs) Day

PHAT is an DUP upper/lower/off/Lee Haney split 3 on-1 off split., where the first and last days are swapped. I switch the 3x5 lifts to 5/3/1 lifts and usually add in singles as well. The volume for certain muscle groups is also low (personal opinion) so I add in more exercises as I see fit.

Program works well for both hypertrophy and strength, but there are other programs that work just as well if not better IME. The more I run it, the more boring I find it. Tried running Lee Haney's split twice a week and was bored af with it. For some reason, I hate doing just delts & back and just chest & arms together.

Anyways, not doing PHAT right now. Currently grinding out condensed cycles of 5/3/1 doing n-Suns 5/3/1.

Back
Top Bottom