STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What’s in your gym bag? Definitely pulling the trigger on this gym membership soon, already have sleeves and towels. Clamps? Belt?

my meet is less than 3 weeks and they released everyone whos competing.

in my weight class (74kg) theres 2 other people... 1 of them being the current State champion lmao.

this guy opened up with a 500lb squat earlier this year at state champs lol

goodbye to first place but at least I got a shot at second aka participation award :lol:

Last edited:
Y’all bring hella accessories lol. Why u need to bring clamps?

I play ball so I bring hoop shoes, lifting shoes, and headphones, that’s all I need other than change of clothes. I stopped lifting heavy so I’m good without a belt.

Anyone here ever try men's gymshark apparel?

They're having some pretty big markdowns for black Friday.
Pretty good quality. I have some lounge pants and a short sleeve hoodie. Sleeves kinda tight and I bought a medium. I ended up copping two tanks for myself, but mostly copped stuff for the lady.

my meet is less than 3 weeks and they released everyone whos competing.

in my weight class (74kg) theres 2 other people... 1 of them being the current State champion lmao.

this guy opened up with a 500lb squat earlier this year at state champs lol

goodbye to first place but at least I got a shot at second aka participation award :lol:

At least you get a heads up. In my local fed I just have to eyeball and see who might be in my class.:lol:

when we getting that full meet recap :nerd:

Squat opener was 155 KGs/341 LBs but got red lights for double bouncing. I NEVER double bounce. I reviewed the footage and it does stop but it never dips down. Oh well. Hit it easily for my second attempt. Last squat was 165 KGs/363 LBs.

Bench opener was 100 KG/220 LBs. Then second attempt was 105 KGs/231 LBs. I got redlighted on 110 KGs/242 LBs because my butt came up a little.

Deadlift was hard that day for some reason. I decided to open with 217.5 KGs/479 LBs. A weight I've hit at the gym for reps before and it felt like an RPE 8/9. Should have listened to my body but decided to go for 227.5 KGs/501 LBs. I failed both times. :lol: :smh:

Meet total for 487.5 KGs/1074 LBs total. Good enough for second. 1st place guy went 512.5 KGs/1129 LBs.

Having trouble pulling pictures and videos. Overall not too happy with my performance but better numbers than my last meet for sure. Got too greedy on some lifts, especially deadlifts. Next meets goal is to go 9/9 and try not to overshoot on the PR attempts. BUT I'm definitely shooting for over 500 KGs/ 1100 LBs.

anybody here got their own gym equipment at home?

mplsdunk mplsdunk suggested Rep Fitness in the 'purchases that have improved your life thread'

I don't live in a house so i can't put the squat rack, bench, barbells, and plates inside a garage

What’s in your gym bag? Definitely pulling the trigger on this gym membership soon, already have sleeves and towels. Clamps? Belt?

Four belts. Cable attachements (5). Chucks. Sabo Deadlifts. Frac plates. Clips (2 sets). Chalk. Liquid chalk. Nose tork. Dip belt. Gloves (3 pr). Straps (2 sets). Knee wraps. Back up knee sleeves. Wrist wraps (2 sets). Elbow sleeves.

All that fits in a L/XL King Kong. Weighs over 45lbs doe.

Back
Top Bottom