STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

^Probably had your elbows flared out which puts a lot of stress on your shoulder. Should keep your elbows slightly tucked in whenever you're bench pressing. Also, you probably went too low on the negative. Another way to snap some s up.

Last edited:
goodlookin out on the protein deal. repped. Ordered 8.8lbs of vanilla

total of a 100 servings should last 50 days for me :smokin

Last edited:
Need some new interesting strength/mass building workouts.. Right now, I'm doing the "typical" workouts. On Chest days, lots of benching (flat and incline, dumbell and barbell), Flyes.. On Back days, seated rows, lat pulldowns, pullups, etc..

What yall doing?

I also need to make another drastic cut in my diet. Trying to drop 5-7 pounds for the summer.. I'm currently 5'10'' 176 pounds. I'm also running a mile a day, possibly I can step that up.
Depending on how crazy you wanna get with it, look into 5-3-1.  Its a strength building, powerlifting type routine.  I got some really good strength gains from it and I've been at this for 20 years already.  I did it for 8 weeks and I gained about 10 percent on my bench and squat both. 

Best tip to avoid eating junk food...stop buying it.

Just ate 2 pop tarts at 2 AM. If i never bought them i would never have ate em or craved em.

iLLest!

Imo the best way to not buy junkfood is to alway have healthy snacks in your car. That way you always have something nearby to snack on so you wont have to buy garbage food

Damn this cold weather.

Having some grits and eggs + coffee. Need to get this lift in despite this weather.

Hoopin at 12.

Energizing up.

Kale, Strawberry, Banana Smoothie
Oatmeal
"Omelet" Sandwich

Probably eat a grapefruit around 11.

Can't wait.

If I play basketball 4-5 times a week for 1.5 hours, how often should I lift with my legs?
Once a week is fine. I'd suggest to pick one of each: power, squatting strength, posterior chain movement. For example, power snatch, back squat, and back extension. Another example, jump shrug, paused front squat, glute ham raise. That would help develop the speed needed for basketball. If there's ever a time when you aren't playing so much, then you can increase the volume to twice a week (or more) to stimulate quicker gains or train for hypertrophy. I wouldn't suggest doing very high reps when you're playing 4-5 times per week, it may fatigue you for basketball.

Single dumbell overhead flys (laying on bench) works on chest? My friend and I did it yesterday on chest day, it felt amazing, really nice stretch but I dont even know if thats for chest, didnt feel like it. My abs feel it today though. :lol:
That's basically a pullover. Check out exrx.com and look at the functions of the various muscles. They have a decent library of what most muscles do and movements to target them.

Dr. Mel Siff found that pullovers stimulate the abs more than isolation ab movements. It's basically the open kinetic chain variation of front lever work from gymnastics.

Was thinking about doing deadlifts with a cable, what is the benefit of using a cable?
Cables provide force in one direction (up/down) and won't change if the weight shifts during the lift. I'd recommend sticking with the barbell for deadlifts. Cables are good for pull throughs.

Is there any reason to bench with your feet on the bench itself?
You don't get any leg drive. If you want to isolate the upper body, it's fine. That's why powerlifters all have their feet on the floor during competition: leg drive.

BB.com has a sale on the 2 lbs of that MuscleTech protein. B1G1 Ffree on the 2 lb tubs. So 4 tubs for around $37. Butterfly10 as a code for like $3 off.

Best tip to avoid eating junk food...stop buying it.

Just ate 2 pop tarts at 2 AM. If i never bought them i would never have ate em or craved em.

iLLest!
I realize it's out of the budget for some, but if you go to Whole Foods, you'll never find yourself buying that stuff. Yes, they have generic Pop Tarts. But you don't see isles full of crap that you shouldn't be eating. I do so much better with my diet since I stopped going to regular grocery stores. Because like you said, if you don't buy it, you don't eat it.

Where are all the supplement deals online for the Arnold? Last year every brand had huge discounts?

They don't have anything bigger than a 2 lb in the MuscleTech however. I placed my order for 2 tubs of the 2 lb. I also have Syntha 6 coming in this week...copped a 5 lb off ebay for $40.

Just needed some higher calorie proteins to make hitting my caloric goal easier...we'll see how this goes.

did dumbbell presses for the first time...

tweaked something behind my right shoulder....

anyone know what's wrong?

Man,I jacked up my rotator cuff a few weeks back doing the same. Finally back to lifting this past week. Give it a day or two to see if it improves or if it gets worse.

Just went FUBAR on my legs bras. 

FELT GREAT 
pimp.gif

Decided to stop KGs 12 week plan and just went back to my 4 day split. I think I will see better results this way.

Gonna be sore tomorrow.

CANT WAIT

Last edited:
Well no matter what I tried I couldnt add the 4.4 lbs of those Muscle Tech proteins to my cart.
I dont know how you guys did it, i was trying to back order but it wouldnt even let me. I kept clicking order for 20 minutes.

Just added the 2 lbs and took the minor L...but still a Win overall. Thanks Zyzz :smokin

Hopefully next time i can respond faster and get the bigger ones, but im happy. Ive been looking for a good casein deal and it finally came.

Well no matter what I tried I couldnt add the 4.4 lbs of those Muscle Tech proteins to my cart.
I dont know how you guys did it, i was trying to back order but it wouldnt even let me. I kept clicking order for 20 minutes.

Just added the 2 lbs and took the minor L...but still a Win overall. Thanks Zyzz :smokin

Hopefully next time i can respond faster and get the bigger ones, but im happy. Ive been looking for a good casein deal and it finally came.

if you are running safari, switch to firefox... worked for me

been lurking this thread since vol. 2, gave me the motivation to lose about 40 lbs last year (was down to 208 from around 250)
Fell off the workout wagon during the holidays and put on about 10 lbs since. Decided to do insanity pure cardio today after like 3 months without working out. my body was NOT ready. :smh:
definitely about to start working out consistently again

Last edited:

if you are running safari, switch to firefox... worked for me

Didnt work for either IE or Firefox for me. It didn't even give me an option to attempt or backorder.

Got my 16 mile run in. It was freezing. Weather says 38, but I can't buy that.

Swim trunks came today. Going to get my first swim in tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom