STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Skipped squats all last week but still did heavy machine workouts for legs including leg presses and belt squats.

Didn't feel sore at all (I usually don't even when I squat)

Squatted yesterday for the first time in a week and my legs feel destroyed :sick:

Only did 405 for a 3x5 too. Low volume.

There really is no replacement for the back squat man. **** just hits different.

Yea I didn’t even think to ask in here. Just wanted something easy

if anyone wants it they can pm me

I didn't know bro splits were still a big thing, much less something folks would be paying for.
1630015763088.png

m boiz m boiz sent me a good bench program few yrs back. Really helped me get past 3 plates. Lots of volume. Gotta look thru old emails see if i can find it

Same. I still have them.

Two gym meets and maybe a push/pull in the next 3 months, so I definitely need it competition ready.

Signed up for a full power meet on post with less than a day's notice. :smh:

Not only was the squat way past parallel, but I was inadvertently pausing at the bottom waiting for depth commands. Mirrors were not full-length and I couldn't call it myself.
1630181937611.png

Even other cats in my class were like the hell are you doing that for?
1630181965577.png

Wasn't gonna PR regardless with no taper/peak but that was not it. Gonna have to take my back squat back to the drawing board. :angry:

Anyone here train forearms directly and got big forearms? Been hitting them hard recently to get my outer forearms wider. Any tips?

Here's what I been doing

Reverse barbell curls 3x12
Hammer curls 3x12
Neutral grip pull up 3x8
Farmer walks

I'm b4 one of y'all say Fap 3x12

Signed up for a full power meet on post with less than a day's notice. :smh:

Not only was the squat way past parallel, but I was inadvertently pausing at the bottom waiting for depth commands. Mirrors were not full-length and I couldn't call it myself.
1630181937611.png

Even other cats in my class were like the hell are you doing that for?
1630181965577.png

Wasn't gonna PR regardless with no taper/peak but that was not it. Gonna have to take my back squat back to the drawing board. :angry:

Wait you waited at the bottom for a depth command? :lol:

As far as I know there's no federation that even has a depth command lol.

You always hit depth bruh. Ever squat you've posted is way below parallel.

Wait you waited at the bottom for a depth command? :lol:

As far as I know there's no federation that even has a depth command lol.

You always hit depth bruh. Ever squat you've posted is way below parallel.

Yep, especially on the first one. This was just a thing on post, not a sanctioned meet. :blush:

I did a gym meet once and didn't get any type of "good lift" indication, even though I asked for one before we started. I stayed in the hole for about 2-3 seconds before I had to sit down 500. :smh:

Lolll impossible man. Gimme a break.

as time progresses, it seems like we as a society need to admit that being in shape help staying alive in the rona era. we NEED to fat shame to save lives b!!

with that said, how da gainzzz looking fellas

I deadass put on 20lbs 4 weeks into the pandemic last year.

Weighed in at 197lbs at the gym the day before California shut down and I was at 217lbs four weeks later when I weighed myself the first week of April. No gym, losing a physically active job, and an increase in alcohol consumption is no doubt how but I still don’t really understand what happened. :lol:

Been getting after it consistently for thelast 12 months ever since gyms open here again and I’m in the best shape I’ve been in since college ball. Feels good. :pimp:

Also recently reached a personal mile stone I’ve been gunning for for a while. Finally hitting 225x5 incline bench. Not bad for a skinny/soccer guy. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom