STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

my gym has an outdoor patio with couple racks/benches. It’s 110 degrees. Good idea working out in the crazy heat?

good idea? there might be increased benefit to being out in the sun working out and i guess provided you did so properly hydrated & with caution it would just be an added level of difficulty…maybe there could be some benefits to combining physical exertion & heat similar to sauna (increase in heat shock proteins??) but prolly not a good idea 😂

I'd be hitting the pools in that temperature.
Inside is always full.
good idea? there might be increased benefit to being out in the sun working out and i guess provided you did so properly hydrated & with caution it would just be an added level of difficulty…maybe there could be some benefits to combining physical exertion & heat similar to sauna (increase in heat shock proteins??) but prolly not a good idea 😂
it’s covered area kinda like a batting cage with very useful equipment.. prolly wait til it’s dark and 95 degrees. Freakin Arizona desert

my gym has an outdoor patio with couple racks/benches. It’s 110 degrees. Good idea working out in the crazy heat?

Doubt you see any strength or hypertrophy benefits from doing it. I wouldn't, especially if I had to throttle back workout intensity or duration to make it happen.

It doesn't matter if inside is "full": drop your 50+ pound gym bag behind some puny human, wait for 30 seconds while looking annoyed while they apologize and wipe down the equipment, and get to work.
birdman2.png

Screenshot_20220604-211907_Gallery.jpg

Back progress. I always tell new powerlifters/lifters to build a base first by putting on as much muscle as possible instead of just focusing in squat, bench and deadlift.

Your ceiling will be higher + decrease the chance of injury.

Look at any elite level powerlifter (drug tested). They are all jacked.

Back progress. I always tell new powerlifters/lifters to build a base first by putting on as much muscle as possible instead of just focusing in squat, bench and deadlift.

My mans Josh looking thick, solid, tight.
1654392717635.png
(
1654392729339.png
)

I can't wait for this work trip to be over so I can get back home and back on my bulk.
1654392776901.png

Looks like you’re about to fly away.

recently been repping out pulling slightly off the floor for heavier weights and it’s been paying off, hit a 505 deadlift again, but definitely the most solid i’ve been at the lockout/top. the callouses i’m getting are super annoying tho

I love my callouses. Tale of two hands for me. neatly and professionally manicured on one side, rough and beat up on the other. :lol:

my grip is the limiting factor so i still lose the bar on a good deal of reps as the weight increases…even with gloves i end up with peeling/tearing callouses, super irritating

Aren't compound lifts the base of any strength/mass gaining program??

Or are you saying don't just do those 3 lifts exclusively? So include body part splits, core, isolation work etc.

Aren't compound lifts the base of any strength/mass gaining program??

Or are you saying don't just do those 3 lifts exclusively? So include body part splits, core, isolation work etc.

from what i gathered in seeking out info around lifting generally, powerlifters would greatly benefit from doing more ‘body building’ isolation style training and similarly body builders would benefit from adding more power/force production emphasis as both add something a bit different from the training they each do for their ‘sport’ respectively…

if new to lifting or just seeking the most effective/efficient movements and not body building or power lifting, just doing compound lifts is going to be sufficient stimulus (provided one’d diet is somewhat on point with the macros) rather than focusing on certain body parts or adding further isolations in addition to the compound lifts such that you are unable to recover well for the next session(s).

if trying to maximize the ‘gains’ then it makes more sense to build a better base with additional isolation stuff because it could give exposure to compensations/imbalances/weaknesses that the compound lifts may not…

of course one can do only compound lifts and not see results just as someone could do only isolations & get jacked, results will vary

Last edited:
my grip is the limiting factor so i still lose the bar on a good deal of reps as the weight increases…even with gloves i end up with peeling/tearing callouses, super irritating

it’s not just having callouses. you need to take care of the callouses to keep them from constantly tearing. also keeping your hands dry will definitely help with some chalk or liquid chalk.

it’s not just having callouses. you need to take care of the callouses to keep them from constantly tearing. also keeping your hands dry will definitely help with some chalk or liquid chalk.

does it help that much compared to gloves? i never feel like my hands get so sweaty as to impact my grip but maybe i’m mistaken/not noticing…i can’t imagine carrying chalk in my already stuffed gym bag tho, for now breaking down each part of the lift seems to be helping if very slowly

Anybody ever tried boxing hand wraps for the gym??

I've been doing that for years now.... Good protection / grip, way more durable then gloves and you can wash them whenever.

Back
Top Bottom