STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

went to my sports doctor today to evaluate my MRI on the injured calf muscle. good news, it's practically healed up although is still sore when doing a lot of activities, rehab and therapy on it. a bit of edema due to swelling (injury related). also got the go signal to return to full scrimmage although warned me about the tendency to re-injure it so I just have to watch out not to push the limits. also, some muscle loss of 1.5 cm compared to my other leg. quite excited to shoot some hope tomorrow morning.

went to my sports doctor today to evaluate my MRI on the injured calf muscle. good news, it's practically healed up although is still sore when doing a lot of activities, rehab and therapy on it. a bit of edema due to swelling (injury related). also got the go signal to return to full scrimmage although warned me about the tendency to re-injure it so I just have to watch out not to push the limits. also, some muscle loss of 1.5 cm compared to my other leg. quite excited to shoot some hope tomorrow morning.

I have pretty large calves and two ACL's on my right knee have completely obliterated my right calf. I haven't measured but I know I lost a lot of muscle. Still trying to get it back and this happened in 2020.

thinking about competing this year for a meet but my shoulder pain has been so damn inconsistent.

plus a i started a new job and dont know how thats gonna be when I start a new project.... we'll see I guess.

i see this in the gym but i’ve never actually have went over to see what it does…anyone know what’s this machine is called and what it targets? is it for assisted pull ups?

thinking about competing this year for a meet but my shoulder pain has been so damn inconsistent.

plus a i started a new job and dont know how thats gonna be when I start a new project.... we'll see I guess.

i was asking this a few pages back, but how do you deal with things that are of this sort of intermittent/unpredictable type but not necessarily due an injury (here i’m assuming it’s not from an injury)? do you know the know the cause and/or train in a way to avoid/address the pain?

tokes99 tokes99 just my take on how I do it.. for me, the flat bench was/is causing me shoulder issues.

First, decrease volume. If you're benching 3 times a week, try benching twice a week to let the shoulders rest.

If that doesn't work, stop doing any exercise that causes pain in that area.

Let it rest for 2 weeks. When coming back, come back doing light weight and have someone check your form.

If that fails, do hella PT and rehab. Work around it.

If that fails, go to a doctor or professional PT.

If that fails, just give up and accept your downfall.

Jk

tokes99 tokes99 just my take on how I do it.. for me, the flat bench was/is causing me shoulder issues.

First, decrease volume. If you're benching 3 times a week, try benching twice a week to let the shoulders rest.

If that doesn't work, stop doing any exercise that causes pain in that area.

Let it rest for 2 weeks. When coming back, come back doing light weight and have someone check your form.

If that fails, do hella PT and rehab. Work around it.

If that fails, go to a doctor or professional PT.

If that fails, just give up and accept your downfall.

Jk

so where are you in the above process?

i have a weird shoulder thing that just pops up every once in a while out of nowhere…i think it’s from getting hung on the rim trying to dunk 😤😮‍💨🥲 but i never can predict it or replicate the issue to even do pt/rehab so i been just trying to just generally get stronger with supported handstand holds

77kg IPF world champion.

Smash or pass

🤔i wouldn’t chase, shredded chicks aren’t appealing to me…but i’d need to see her in normal clothes to judge if the body was valid for real…but her face decent so if it was on offer and she was on a deload, why not 😂😂😂

after perusing the ig, i rescind my previous statements…i don’t think i could do it, it’s wild how different some women can look in pictures…she is way too hardbody for my tastes
her face doesn't look too hard. I have issues with chicks that whose facial looks are more manly than I am. also, love women with awesome quads, thighs and glutes.

Back
Top Bottom