STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

from what i gathered in seeking out info around lifting generally, powerlifters would greatly benefit from doing more ‘body building’ isolation style training and similarly body builders would benefit from adding more power/force production emphasis as both add something a bit different from the training they each do for their ‘sport’ respectively…

Nah, not really. The only benefit of doing BB-style training as a PLer is to build additional mass in order to eventually develop additional muscle available for recruitment.

That mass can be built either using all isos, all compounds, or a combination. Isos generally tax your CNS less, among other things, so that's why we use them.

Power and force are not the same thing when it comes to lifting btw. Powerlifting is actually a misnomer and your ability to generate power is irrelevant; only force production matters.
1655174748600.png

of course one can do only compound lifts and not see results just as someone could do only isolations & get jacked, results will vary

Theoretically yes, but it wouldn't be practical.
1655174973261.png

does it help that much compared to gloves? i never feel like my hands get so sweaty as to impact my grip but maybe i’m mistaken/not noticing…i can’t imagine carrying chalk in my already stuffed gym bag tho, for now breaking down each part of the lift seems to be helping if very slowly

Chalk (liquid or powder) is way more useful than gloves. Wearing gloves creates a slip plate between the bar and your hand; gloves decrease your ability to pull, not increase it.
1655176449389.png

I wear gloves to spare my calluses from even more trauma but chuck them off when I hit the "weight": usually somewhere between 495 and 545 where I can feel the friction loss. Even dry gloves are a hindrance after you reach a certain weight.

Then I either go with chalk (liq or powd or both for competition) or barehanded.

Liquid chalk comes in travel bottles the size of small tube of sunscreen.
1655176156277.png

If your gym bag can't fit at least 5 belts, 3 pairs of shoes, and some cable attachments, your bag is too small, young man.
1655176213978.png

Nah, not really. The only benefit of doing BB-style training as a PLer is to build additional mass in order to eventually develop additional muscle available for recruitment.

That mass can be built either using all isos, all compounds, or a combination. Isos generally tax your CNS less, among other things, so that's why we use them.

Power and force are not the same thing when it comes to lifting btw. Powerlifting is actually a misnomer and your ability to generate power is irrelevant; only force production matters.
1655174748600.png

Theoretically yes, but it wouldn't be practical.
1655174973261.png

i’m definitely a novice, so i am definitely coming from more from a theoretical place rather than experience; i’ve seen some stuff reference how both ‘disciplines’ would benefit from including attributes of the other, but maybe this was more aimed at common folk rather than people that are competing…tho the specific context was more that many powerlifters being really strong but not as aesthetic as the maybe could be, while bodybuilders focus on balancing aesthetics but maybe not as strong as they could be…obviously also they have to balance the needs of their sport

Chalk (liquid or powder) is way more useful than gloves. Wearing gloves creates a slip plate between the bar and your hand; gloves decrease your ability to pull, not increase it.
1655176449389.png

I wear gloves to spare my calluses from even more trauma but chuck them off when I hit the "weight": usually somewhere between 495 and 545 where I can feel the friction loss. Even dry gloves are a hindrance after you reach a certain weight.

Then I either go with chalk (liq or powd or both for competition) or barehanded.

Liquid chalk comes in travel bottles the size of small tube of sunscreen.
1655176156277.png

If your gym bag can't fit at least 5 belts, 3 pairs of shoes, and some cable attachments, your bag is too small, young man.
1655176213978.png

😂 yea, i’m just making excuses (definitely should have a bigger gym bag for all the stuff i bring)…just don’t see carrying & using chalk with any regularity, plus it just seems overly/unnecessarily messy and would exposes the callouses i already have. been trying to just get used to holding the heavier weight(s) and i’m seeing results with both conventional & mixed grip, (almost) pulled 515 today just didn’t quite fully lock it out before dropping it…honestly even tho my grip isn’t great i am realizing there are also other things i can improve technique wise that would be just as beneficial

i’m definitely a novice, so i am definitely coming from more from a theoretical place rather than experience; i’ve seen some stuff reference how both ‘disciplines’ would benefit from including attributes of the other, but maybe this was more aimed at common folk rather than people that are competing…tho the specific context was more that many powerlifters being really strong but not as aesthetic as the maybe could be, while bodybuilders focus on balancing aesthetics but maybe not as strong as they could be…obviously also they have to balance the needs of their sport

😂 yea, i’m just making excuses (definitely should have a bigger gym bag for all the stuff i bring)…just don’t see carrying & using chalk with any regularity, plus it just seems overly/unnecessarily messy and would exposes the callouses i already have. been trying to just get used to holding the heavier weight(s) and i’m seeing results with both conventional & mixed grip, (almost) pulled 515 today just didn’t quite fully lock it out before dropping it…honestly even tho my grip isn’t great i am realizing there are also other things i can improve technique wise that would be just as beneficial

I tried.
1655182137498.png

she was reaching, but i do think homie overreacted…maybe i’m expecting too much, but he could have made a teachable moment by checking her attitude & simply explaining that she is in a public gym where the is no expectation that people won’t look at you, maybe by men in particular & especially when your wearing skin tight workout gear...it didn’t immediately have to escalate to throwing her out of the gym

she was reaching, but i do think homie overreacted…maybe i’m expecting too much, but he could have made a teachable moment by checking her attitude & simply explaining that she is in a public gym where the is no expectation that people won’t look at you, maybe by men in particular & especially when your wearing skin tight workout gear...it didn’t immediately have to escalate to throwing her out of the gym

Can't say that in 2022 my friend...

She could be buck naked, oiled up squatting 6 inches from your face. Best mind your business :lol:

Imagine if she did that to a new dude going to the gym and maybe genuinely admiring her physique for literally a quick sec. Someone who isn’t a trainer with the ability to confront her. If she’s wound up ready to pop off like that it could ruin someone’s want to even go to a gym at all for simply glancing around.

This kind of aggressiveness needs to be removed from gym culture tbh. It’s unnecessary and she clearly wanted a confrontation. People like that should be thrown out.

It’s staged outrage for social media without the consent of the person she’s trying to “call out.”

How long does it take to remove a sweatshirt? Longer when you’re performing for social media.

The trainer was in the right, his client was staring for sure, but she’s dressed for the attention. Trainer only looked that direction when his client was staring.

Either way, all these idiots do the same thing. Set up a situation that involves an unknowing and unwilling participant that gets featured. Then they add in captions to fit their narrative. Only to ultimately make all social media private when the general public calls them out as the issue.

It’s staged outrage for social media without the consent of the person she’s trying to “call out.”

How long does it take to remove a sweatshirt? Longer when you’re performing for social media.

The trainer was in the right, his client was staring for sure, but she’s dressed for the attention. Trainer only looked that direction when his client was staring.

Either way, all these idiots do the same thing. Set up a situation that involves an unknowing and unwilling participant that gets featured. Then they add in captions to fit their narrative. Only to ultimately make all social media private when the general public calls them out as the issue.
well she surely getting a lot of attention now, the unwanted kind. no sympathy for these beaches. been around public gyms long enough that it is the norm to look or check out other people. man, people were checking out these chicks from way back and it was fine.

Back
Top Bottom