STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

not trying to be a **** but if it's not hard for you to get fat it shouldn't be that hard for you to get bigger.

even if you're skinny af you just have to eat. maybe you have to eat 10k calories a day and force it but that's the price you have to pay.
was talking to a co-worker a couple of months ago. skinny girl that is on a bodybuilding program more than a year now and still lean as hell. eats a hell like I do but couldn't bulk up even with calorie overload and taking supplements. I believe there are people like that as this is not the first time I have seen some people whether if they have a really high metabolic rate or sick that don't gain significant weight. I even said I was willing to share my 1/3 of caloric body weight if possible and trade with her body. she wants to have a hulking figure, I want a lean athletic build.

I’m just not a big dude :lol:

Like I don’t take up alot of space. Nobody would look at me and be like he’s swole.

You can see traps/lats through a hoody but I don’t have a big chest or anything.

I’m just not a big dude :lol:

Like I don’t take up alot of space. Nobody would look at me and be like he’s swole.

You can see traps/lats through a hoody but I don’t have a big chest or anything.
neither was I a big dude. but then again, looking back, I wasn't a big eater. thinking about it, I only ate supper during highschool and that supper wasn't even a lot. probably was just eating 400 calories a day. light as a feather. smallest of the brothers of 3. nowadays, I dwarf them eventhough they still look the same big guys as before. 10 years ago, was able to come down again to a small frame with frequent gym work and cardio for 3 months. 3 days, 2 hour session per week. not sure if I can still do that.

are you doing a lot of presses? although, it could be genetics as well.

Im not really focusing on bench these days. I’m doing like twice the shoulder work just because I feel like the older and more washed it get the more I’ll need it.

Dudes at my job blow out their shoulders like it’s going out of style. I’m not trying to be the next.

I’m just past the point of trying to get big. I just lift to stay strong and health.

I want to be able to squat 3 plates and pull 4 until I die.

For the longest time, I swear I could maintain at least 220 pounds on 1500 calories a day.

It's really crazy to me hearing people wanting to be big.
I guess it's the opposite mentality. people that are lean wanted to be big. people that are big, wanted to be lean. I think I could keep what I am at 1500 a day. if I want to lose, I need to be a bit more drastic. 800 might be ok. 400 I might not yet as of the moment. need to recondition my body for that.

Yeah, I had to take drastic measures to get below 200. Like 1000 - 1200 calories a day.

Most gurus out there would have had me on nearly 3000 a day. It just goes to show you have to know your body and what works for you.

Yeah, I had to take drastic measures to get below 200. Like 1000 - 1200 calories a day.

Most gurus out there would have had me on nearly 3000 a day. It just goes to show you have to know your body and what works for you.
I even do a regular 60 day blood-letting just to get those numbers down. :rofl:

I mean, it's part of it but mostly due to health reasons. I just have to get my ferritin level normal.

Yeah people always want what they don’t have.

I wish I was more flexible and could jump higher tbh.

ditto on both for me, in fact that what got me to start lifting. improving your flexibility is simple but tedious & requires patience…i was listening to something on this topic where it basically requires daily practice…

are you actively trying to improve either quality?

where is your caloric intake now? definitely multiple ways to achieve weight loss, i think the reason most trainers try to keep calories relatively high is to build more muscle in the long term and still adequately maintain fuel because you can always incrementally reduces calories, if cutting calories is the main approach it will be much harder to do much else and then what happens if/when you increase your calories?

ditto on both for me, in fact that what got me to start lifting. improving your flexibility is simple but tedious & requires patience…i was listening to something on this topic where it basically requires daily practice…

are you actively trying to improve either quality?

where is your caloric intake now? definitely multiple ways to achieve weight loss, i think the reason most trainers try to keep calories relatively high is to build more muscle in the long term and still adequately maintain fuel because you can always incrementally reduces calories, if cutting calories is the main approach it will be much harder to do much else and then what happens if/when you increase your calories?
I've been eating a lot lately. the problem is rather sticking to the strict routine. I'm off work for a few more weeks due to my injuries. leg, shoulder, neck. and I have been slacking off my regular workout days. been skipping my cardio as well. my intake from my estimation is 2000 on average and could get to 3000 when eating out. on my regular routine, I can get to 1200. when I'm on a strict routine, I can manage 800. did 400 on a few occasions but I wasn't used to it yet. so my base is 800. I could use some cardio tomorrow at the oval.

Haven't been keeping up with calorie count these past few months very often. I would guess about 1600 - 1800 though. I mainly just weigh myself a few times a week. Long as I stay around 195, I'm good.

A lot of trainers want you to lose weight very slowly, which is why they'd never recommend something like 1000 calories a day. I tried it that way at first. It just didn't work for me.

was talking to a co-worker a couple of months ago. skinny girl that is on a bodybuilding program more than a year now and still lean as hell. eats a hell like I do but couldn't bulk up even with calorie overload and taking supplements. I believe there are people like that as this is not the first time I have seen some people whether if they have a really high metabolic rate or sick that don't gain significant weight. I even said I was willing to share my 1/3 of caloric body weight if possible and trade with her body. she wants to have a hulking figure, I want a lean athletic build.

My BMR is 2145 so I get the ehole "hardgainer" thing...

If she still wasn't gaining weight with all that, then it simply wasn't enough of a surplus.
manny.png

nah not really. I need to start with stretching more.

tough part about stretching for me is that it is so boring…unless you have a real motivation it is easy to fall off at which point you lose whatever gains you made, if you aren’t really accessing those ranges regularly…in which case it becomes almost a total waste

Haven't been keeping up with calorie count these past few months very often. I would guess about 1600 - 1800 though. I mainly just weigh myself a few times a week. Long as I stay around 195, I'm good.

A lot of trainers want you to lose weight very slowly, which is why they'd never recommend something like 1000 calories a day. I tried it that way at first. It just didn't work for me.

depending on the circumstance, goal, & reasoning slower is going to more sustainable…gives the body & the person more room to make adjustments and acclimate to behaviors & change in weight. most people are going to lose the calorie restriction route eventually, for whole lot of reasons one of which is most people are not going to be accurate in their assessment of their intake. unless the person is obese, better to have that person slowly build muscle with the current/average intake or slightly higher

Dude it’s boring af. That’s why I rarely do it. :lol:

Then I struggle to swing my leg over a tall dirt bike. I’m mean I’m short but still.

my BMR is 1777.

exactly, what I was thinking. maybe tell her to go the GOMAD route.

As someone who's done that before, most people can't (read: won't) be able to handle it. She ain't going MAD. :lol:

I've always liked milk and some of the days were rough, even at half a gallon + weight gainer + snacks + 3-4 squares a day. :sick:

As someone who's done that before, most people can't (read: won't) be able to handle it. She ain't going MAD. :lol:

I've always liked milk and some of the days were rough, even at half a gallon + weight gainer + snacks + 3-4 squares a day. :sick:
my 10 year old son doesn't have a problem with milk. it's like water for him. possibly can finish a gallon within 5 days and that is just being conservative with monitoring. otherwise, it's 3 days. he now has a body of a chubby highschool kid. he's wider than I was back in highschool and have some bulky muscle mass, although he could use some toning. he's been doing some dumbbell presses, sit-ups, push-ups and burpees aside from his martial arts just to keep those fats burning and agile. otherwise he would end up obese for his age.

can't do milk that much anymore otherwise I would end up the whole day running to the toilet.

Back
Top Bottom