STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

bro it annoys me when ppl benching 95lb use the powerlifting combo racks.

I don't mean to sound like a gatekeeper and maybe I'm in the wrong but if you're benching 95lb just use the regular bench than a combo rack. Stuck here to squat bc you wanna bench 95lbs on a powerlifting rack during peak hours WTF

**** is annoying AF.

/Rant
Pic of powerlifting rack?

Pic of powerlifting rack?

Equipment.jpg

You can take out the bench and squat in it... Which is what I'm waiting for since all the squat racks are taken

I don't mean to sound like a gatekeeper and maybe I'm in the wrong but if you're benching 95lb just use the regular bench than a combo rack. Stuck here to squat bc you wanna bench 95lbs on a powerlifting rack during peak hours WTF

**** is annoying AF.

/Rant
If you’re also benching that day ask to jump in and proceed to put on so much weight that they’re annoyed and leave.

I say that because a lot of times bro especially during peak hours when I need to get things done and I need to sit for an exercise, all of the seats I need are already being used. If there’s an open bench I’ll take that even if I’m not benching.

Y’all may hate me for it but as soon as a seat opens up for me to move, I try to. It’s just peak hours are a mess and that work is usually my last few exercises before I’m done. I’m trynna knock it out and dip, not wait around 10-15 for a seat to even open up.

If someone got a seat I didn’t see and was like “yo if you’re just curling (or whatever I’m doing), you can have this seat cause I wanted to bench” I’d be like “perfect man thank you”

Simple

I say that because a lot of times bro especially during peak hours when I need to get things done and I need to sit for an exercise, all of the seats I need are already being used. If there’s an open bench I’ll take that even if I’m not benching.

Y’all may hate me for it but as soon as a seat opens up for me to move, I try to. It’s just peak hours are a mess and that work is usually my last few exercises before I’m done. I’m trynna knock it out and dip, not wait around 10-15 for a seat to even open up.

If someone got a seat I didn’t see and was like “yo if you’re just curling (or whatever I’m doing), you can have this seat cause I wanted to bench” I’d be like “perfect man thank you”

Simple
it can be annoying sometimes when some people are just sitting there and doing nothing. sometimes you are doing something and those others are rushing you. like dude, do something else while waiting and let the person finish their set.

it can be annoying sometimes when some people are just sitting there and doing nothing. sometimes you are doing something and those others are rushing you. like dude, do something else while waiting and let the person finish their set.
Oh trust me I get it. There are a few groups of young bucks that go to my gym that grab multiple sets of dumbbells even tho they’re only using 1 or 2 of them at any given time. They have like 4-5 sets of dumbbells with them just sitting there. :smh:

I was just trynna say maybe the person benching there didn’t want that bench to begin with. Might be resolved if he finds a bench to switch them with so he can squat.

**** is annoying AF.

/Rant

No, I definitely feel this.

so for those who do track their macros, how/what do you track & how much protein do you get daily?

so for those who do track their macros, how/what do you track & how much protein do you get daily?
I do mine by estimation. one half plate. I was on strict macro 10 years ago and I was lean bulk. a piece of meat, a side of rice or mashed potato and asparagus for supper. my brunch is pretty much the same except that it was mainly an egg. by estimate, my macro was 800-1,200 a day. I believe I was around 175 lb average during that time.

I was only able to crash at around 159 lbs. when I incorporated a 4 time a week 2 hour gym work and cardio. my macro estimate then was even lower at 800 average. I went from large to small size in a span of 3 months. real hardwork.

I do mine by estimation. one half plate. I was on strict macro 10 years ago and I was lean bulk. a piece of meat, a side of rice or mashed potato and asparagus for supper. my brunch is pretty much the same except that it was mainly an egg. by estimate, my macro was 800-1,200 a day. I believe I was around 175 lb average during that time.

I was only able to crash at around 159 lbs. when I incorporated a 4 time a week 2 hour gym work and cardio. my macro estimate then was even lower at 800 average. I went from large to small size in a span of 3 months. real hardwork.
800-1,200 calories for an adult male is knarly. Must’ve felt like you was eating air for dinner.

I use My Fitness Pal,

From what I've seen general consensus seems to be .7 to 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight.

is that what you currently adhere to?

why so low, and do you put a priority on protein?

Yes, anytime I’ve decided to track over the past 6-7 years I’ve done it that way.

I’ve pretty much always tried to get 200gs of protein a day or around it. For example the pandemic really messed my whole flow up so I got up to 240 ish. I’m not a natural 240 so 240 gs of protein would over do it.

Currently down to 217-218 and am still at 200 and and/when I get to the 190’s I’ll keep it the same.

I was doing omad so my macros even dipped to 800. Priority on protein. That time, my carb intake was manageable. My cardio routine also prevented me from hulking out til it got out of hand after 2 years of good frame. Damn nighshift pizza messed it all up.

Back
Top Bottom