STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Been dealin with epilepsy pretty bad and haven't been able to work out at all. Down 40 but now i got all this sinking fat. Wanna run at least cause I'm not supposed to lift more than 20 lbs , would that help get rid of this or would i be just running for nothing ?

Honestly man I don’t exactly know. I just know when my body needs help / rest, and right now is that time. And it’s killin me already.

The lazy part in me is like “hell yeah” but I’m overwhelmed with guilt and failure.

Gonna hit it hard when I get back (as I’m able)

better to ret until you can make sure you are fully healed up, otherwise it can become a chronic thing...i'm sort of dealing with this now

I’ve been sick for the last week and I feel so lazy. Haven’t been able to do anything ball related and it’s making me itch to get back in the gym.

me too, it wasn't too bad just had a hilariously ridiculous runny nose & a cough...took it easy last week and was cool...just don't crazy with the food & you'll be gucci

Been dealin with epilepsy pretty bad and haven't been able to work out at all. Down 40 but now i got all this sinking fat. Wanna run at least cause I'm not supposed to lift more than 20 lbs , would that help get rid of this or would i be just running for nothing ?

that's rough, why do you have the weight restriction for lifting? can you do bodyweight stuff? doing more cardio might be beneficial to losing more weight but doing more cardio/running might be counter productive because it will likely result in muscle loss if not combined with resistance/strength/weight training...if you have to run maybe switch to 15-30 sec sprints (slowly building up to a max in that 85-100% effort over time) varying between short & longer rest time between sprints?

that's rough, why do you have the weight restriction for lifting? can you do bodyweight stuff? doing more cardio might be beneficial to losing more weight but doing more cardio/running might be counter productive because it will likely result in muscle loss if not combined with resistance/strength/weight training...if you have to run maybe switch to 15-30 sec sprints (slowly building up to a max in that 85-100% effort over time) varying between short & longer rest time between sprints?

Been having seizures for like the last 13 yrs due to energy drinks. I used to work nights and would drink more than two 20oz monsters and coffee throughout the night. Caught up to me when i was going home and had a seizure in the car. Totaled the car and haven't been able to drive since. Dr put me on the 20 lb restriction cause i had a couple at work and my job is physical, no ladders either. Those energy drinks are evil man. I'm headed out in the morning before work to run some and see how it goes. Appreciate the info tho bro :smokin

Been having seizures for like the last 13 yrs due to energy drinks. I used to work nights and would drink more than two 20oz monsters and coffee throughout the night. Caught up to me when i was going home and had a seizure in the car. Totaled the car and haven't been able to drive since. Dr put me on the 20 lb restriction cause i had a couple at work and my job is physical, no ladders either. Those energy drinks are evil man. I'm headed out in the morning before work to run some and see how it goes. Appreciate the info tho bro :smokin

from energy drinks?!?! yikes! aren't you also doing keto too? definitely speak with your doc before switching up you fitness routine, doing some light calisthenics maybe even on gymnastics rings you can get plenty strong w/ just bodyweight

from energy drinks?!?! yikes! aren't you also doing keto too? definitely speak with your doc before switching up you fitness routine, doing some light calisthenics maybe even on gymnastics rings you can get plenty strong w/ just bodyweight

Yup, energy drinks is what got it all started. Monsters , redbull, night shift is rough man. Never again. keto is how i lost the 40 , just haven't been able to tone anything because of the restrictions. Feels like whatever i lost is just hanging off me and not going anywhere. Bodyweight seems like the way to go , my dr suggested it also, i just find it so boring.

Yup, energy drinks is what got it all started. Monsters , redbull, night shift is rough man. Never again. keto is how i lost the 40 , just haven't been able to tone anything because of the restrictions. Feels like whatever i lost is just hanging off me and not going anywhere. Bodyweight seems like the way to go , my dr suggested it also, i just find it so boring.

ah, got you...definitely look into gymnastic rings, lots of possibilities with those

]

lol a gym fight thats been going around lately.

how do yall approach shoulder bumps? you move out the way or yall just run into them?

I always move out the way but there are times when im clearly on the other side and some insecure moron with invisible lat syndrome just walks straight in the middle and bumps me.

I just bump them and keep it moving.

]

how do yall approach shoulder bumps? you move out the way or yall just run into them?

I always move out the way but there are times when im clearly on the other side and some insecure moron with invisible lat syndrome just walks straight in the middle and bumps me.

knew it was going to be this exact video 😂, we broke this down in the group chat...that something so benign resulted in a guy getting slept (looks like in front his girl too 😬) is a testament to how ridiculous some men can be...

]

Knew it’d be this one too lol

Your YouTube vid said police officer vs bodybuilder? I didn’t realize one was a cop lol. Wtf. Hope not but I guess makes sense

]

Gear head mating rituals.

Son really got folded across the chest press machine and left his old lady cradling his head in her arms to prevent further trauma smh. :smh:

People might not take it seriously because it was some late night tv ish but p90x seems like it would be good for you. It’s all light weight, bands, and body weight. I did it back in the day and liked it a lot and would def recommend it

I could probably find it for free too if you end up doing it

well he did say that he is/was regularly going to the gym 5 times a week, seems like the obvious solution…

Disagreed. But let you tell it.
1669699627245.png

Anybody that's so lazy they'll take weeks off at the gym for no good reasons prolly won't see consistent progress. I'd be surprised if they did, especially natty.

Too much time off --> Too much time resetting --> No gains --> Demotivation --> Too much time off --> Restart cycle

(Five days a week in the gym is like the bare minimum.)
1669699520875.png

]

Folks move outta the way so I wouldn't know. I guess I do possess quite the presence.
1669700327375.png

Folks will stop me mid-workout and ask if they can use equipment I don't ever touch before they start. Folks don't stare me down and they certainly don't bump into me (or Gym Bag).
1669700395652.png

Its really not that serious to me. A lot of fake tough guys in the gym, its actually funny to me. Most are like the guy in the red and dunno how to even throw a punch properly.

You got it "bro". Im tryna finish my workout, not have to call my lawyer from jail. Been there, done that. ****s for the birds. I got work in the morning.

Disagreed. But let you tell it.
1669699627245.png

Anybody that's so lazy they'll take weeks off at the gym for no good reasons prolly won't see consistent progress. I'd be surprised if they did, especially natty.

Too much time off --> Too much time resetting --> No gains --> Demotivation --> Too much time off --> Restart cycle

(Five days a week in the gym is like the bare minimum.)
1669699520875.png

consistency is key so i see what you’re saying but everyone has a different level and definitely things can change over time, especially in terms of recovery…which is when they say you actually get ‘teh gainz. ‘ generally i think getting ‘burnt out’ in any endeavor the most obvious reasons are either:

1) overworking, such that one literally exhausts their efforts, which might be a necessary at times and you just have to deal

2) boredom, not being challenged or not needing to put in much effort such that everything becomes monotonous/routine

if someone is consistent with their routine and takes a week off every month or two i don’t think it has that much impact there are studies that show as much and it’s pretty accepted that rest is necessary.

could be that homie is a complete animal those 5 days he hits the gym and isn’t giving himself enough time to actually recover or conversely it might be that he is (sub)consciously taking it light those 5 days in order to actually be able to hit the gym with that frequency and isn’t getting enough intensity/stimulus; both could result in slow progression & feeling burnt out.

either way it seems that a possible solution would be less visits to the gym, which would give more time for recovery in the former circumstance and could naturally result in inspiring more intensity for the latter situation

I’ve been sick for the last week and I feel so lazy. Haven’t been able to do anything ball related and it’s making me itch to get back in the gym.
the cold weather is not helping either. like all types of fatigue, muscle pains, lung and throat irritations, temperature and injuries acting up due to the weather. my recently recovering gastroc muscle is having a dull and annoying soreness. might put some hot pack on it later. ball night tonight might be put on hold and see how it goes.

the cold weather is not helping either. like all types of fatigue, muscle pains, lung and throat irritations, temperature and injuries acting up due to the weather. my recently recovering gastroc muscle is having a dull and annoying soreness. might put some hot pack on it later. ball night tonight might be put on hold and see how it goes.
Missed a game last night cause of my sickness and there’s a practice tonight, smh

for me, one of the effective ways of burning fat is jogging, sprinting and swimming (typical cardio exercises). swimming is best though since there won't be a lot of a load on your knees. only thing though is that you'll get much leaner. so I typically mix it up with gym work to bulk up.

]

Guy in the black definitely the cop. Seems like headphones dude was just focused while dude in the black has that posturing walk.

for me, one of the effective ways of burning fat is jogging, sprinting and swimming (typical cardio exercises). swimming is best though since there won't be a lot of a load on your knees. only thing though is that you'll get much leaner. so I typically mix it up with gym work to bulk up.

Got up this morning to run at like 4:30 , matter of time b4 i go back to after work. **** was rough :lol: appreciate the info fam :smokin

That's one hell of a swing (24 - 25 second mark) and a miss :lol:

Quite embarrassing for such a tough looking guy. These clowns had better hope they don't try that on somebody who actually knows how to fight. Stop letting all those steroids and iron go to your head.

one of the roots of the whole fighter vs lifter beef

Basically fighters know they can likely win the fight
Lifters think their strength training = they can win a fight

Both walk around like they’re untouchable but in the instance of a fight, it’s like if the fighter challenged the lifter to a PR contest. Who’s gonna win that? Lol

random muscle pain is annoying especially after waking up (shoulder). trainer dude at gym said it’s knots and work through it.. idk if he’s lying but i’m working through it

I dont even think the guy in the hoody was really in the wrong. Looked like he tried to make way but headphones walking like he owns the place. On top of that threw the first punch.

So many d00dz at the gym walking around with chips on their shoulders. Just angry at the world. Too proud to say "my bad bro" and would rather throw hands.

Back
Top Bottom