STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

all you guys talkin about your knees have worn some of your cartilage away?

my knees hurt but i got an x ray and an mri, come to find out, i just have a lot of scar tissue in my quad and patella tendons, after pt, my knees are great

basically all im trying to say is strengthen your quads and you will feel a change

I finally gave in and went to a Sports Medicine doctor this past Fall after fearing ligament damage from a knee injury (someone undercutting/rolling it up). MRIs/X-Rays came back negative for tears and structural damage, but he did notice severely worn cartilage from years of wear and tear.

My legs are huge/quads/calves/hamstrings from my avid love of walking/cycling/running and baseball.

I bulked up muscle wise this year to 237 (which is the heaviest I've ever been able to get up to being 6'4). I just started cutting/trimming back down in December and am down to 215 right now. The extra weight might have been causing discomfort as well.

I'm going to start doing Yoga and other things as well to keep loose and limber.

not sure what it is but i ran out of gold standard whey a few weeks ago. i picked up a 4 pound bag of muscle milk from costco for $32. been using musle milk for two weeks now. ive been seeing gains like i haven't before. i went from 155 to 163 in about 2 1/2 weeks. i take it 2-3 times a day. i have been drinking at least a half gallon of water as well maybe thats what it is but i feel great. and i can see the gains in my arms and legs

Love getting my workout done in the early morning! Don't have to deal with all the crowds and the weights are all there for my talking. My chest has been demolished!!
I have zero energy after workouts so I try to time them a few hours before bed. I admire people who can kill themselves in workouts & still go through the day.

^ Definitely, glucose has always helped me with joints especially knee area, coming from a former 4-5x a week hooper and track athlete

Anyone into boxing at all? I work here part time as a trainer ....always good to switch up the cardio, I've noticed this has given me improved stamina in other forms of exercise/cardio, especially hooping ....after 3-4 games I'm still flying up and down the court, huge advantage
Yeah.  Need someone to get me to stop slacking on starting back up.  Would help if my gym at least had some bags.

so with that said lol....i've been on a soft food diet eating mostly not good foods like mash potatoes, soup, yogurt, sherbet/ice cream, jello, pudding and still protein shakes here and there...the stitches are finally dissolving a bit, so i'm about to take it a step up. can anyone suggest healhier items to eat for the next 2 weeks? i won't be able to workout just yet so hoping to drop some lbs while i can't really eat!
substitute cauli mash for the mashed potatoes or maybe sweet potato mash. soup is good. greek yogurt is good. low cal ice cream or tofu-based ice cream. make sure you get enough cals and rest to heal up good!

i didnt know there were hoopers in here

any of you guys in MI? Metro Detroit? most of the good hoopers i know are too hood, arguin over a carry call for 30 minutes and stupid stuff like that

i need some good uninterrupted runs

Is it really that good?
Kre-alkalyn? supplementation has no beneficial effect on creatine-to-creatinine conversion rates.

Tallon MJ1 and Child R2

1University of Northumbria, Sport Sciences, Northumbria University, Northumberland Building, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, 2Department of Life Sciences, Kingston University, Penrhyn Rd, Kingston-upon-Thames, United Kingdom. [email protected]

All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp. (Billings, MT, USA) claim that Kre-alkalyn? (KA) a ?Buffered? creatine, is 100% stable in stomach acid and does not convert to creatinine. In contrast, they also claim that creatine monohydrate (CM) is highly pH labile with more than 90% of the creatine converting to the degradation product creatinine in stomach acids. To date, no independent or university laboratory has evaluated the stability of KA in stomach acids, assessed its possible conversion to creatinine, or made direct comparisons of acid stability with CM.

This study examined whether KA supplementation reduced the rate of creatine conversion to creatinine, relative to commercially available CM (Creapure?). Creatine products were analyzed by an independent commercial laboratory using testing guidelines recommended by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP). Each product was incubated in 900ml of pH 1 HCL at 37? 1oC and samples where drawn at 5, 30 and 120 minutes and immediately analyzed by HPLC (UV) for creatine and creatinine.

In contrast to the claims of All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp., the rate of creatinine formation from CM was found to be less than 1% of the initial dose, demonstrating that CM is extremely stable under acidic conditions that replicate those of the stomach. This study also showed that KA supplementation actually resulted in 35% greater conversion of creatine to creatinine than CM. In conclusion the conversion of creatine to creatinine is not a limitation in the delivery of creatine from CM and KA is less stable than CM in the acid conditions of the stomach.
my point is even if they do work somewhat; they are certainly no better than monohydrate. And their outlandish claims of 'no water retention' and the like is preposterous.

Up your Mass by MHP is a solid gainer, carbs come from barley and oats.

I think we need to realize that, even though mass gainers are not ideal, they are not terrible either, especially if you are busy and it fits your macros. In all reality, where else are you gonna find a 50g protein, 80g carb meal for about $2.50-$3.00. I'm not advocating that everyone should hop on them but they can be beneficial to getting gains

Almost through with my 1st 5 lbs. of this stuff. Taking dumps like nobody's business :lol:

any of you guys in MI? Metro Detroit? most of the good hoopers i know are too hood, arguin over a carry call for 30 minutes and stupid stuff like that

I hear you on that. Folks don't even know the fundamentals of basketball and it's truly a simple game. Dribble, pass, shoot. When you get a good site to play at with competitive runs and guys who know how to play (and play defense)....it's a great workout and a good time. Being in a professional field I tend to find like minded people who have something to lose as well. Playing in Leagues, military bases, and quality gyms/colleges is always a good look.

The hood dudes who think they are KD or Kobe are the worst and most ignorant/lazy *** people I encounter on the courts.

^ Definitely, glucose has always helped me with joints especially knee area, coming from a former 4-5x a week hooper and track athlete

Anyone into boxing at all? I work here part time as a trainer ....always good to switch up the cardio, I've noticed this has given me improved stamina in other forms of exercise/cardio, especially hooping ....after 3-4 games I'm still flying up and down the court, huge advantage

agreed. when i did krav maga... i was runnin up and down the courts (hoopin) like nothin.

Cod damn spring allergies. Woke up with a runny nose and sinus headache. :smh:

5 more weeks until the 5k. Going to cut out playing ball for the next 5 weeks to save my legs for running.

About to do biceps and brachis and finish up with some ab work.

You wanna sell me one of your "high end" bikes with an NT discount?
smile.gif

I'm actually looking to buy a bike.
Santa Barbara is very bike friendly, but besides the usual Kmart type bikes I have small knowledge on them. I'm going to a few bike shops next week to look at them and ask questions. The nice ones are all so expensive tho
sick.gif
ha if i ever decide to sell, youll be the first to know 

but watch out when you go to a bike shop. like any retailer, theyre gonna try to sell you things you dont need. you dont need carbon fiber anything, electronic shifters, 30 speeds or anythig like that

what kind of riding are you gonna be doing mostly? all road? endurance? cross country? 

I hear you on that. Folks don't even know the fundamentals of basketball and it's truly a simple game. Dribble, pass, shoot. When you get a good site to play at with competitive runs and guys who know how to play (and play defense)....it's a great workout and a good time. Being in a professional field I tend to find like minded people who have something to lose as well. Playing in Leagues, military bases, and quality gyms/colleges is always a good look.

The hood dudes who think they are KD or Kobe are the worst and most ignorant/lazy *** people I encounter on the courts.
i hear you, but im not on campus much anymore

i will look into the leagues and other gyms that typically have less non sense tho

You wanna sell me one of your "high end" bikes with an NT discount? :smile:

I'm actually looking to buy a bike.

Santa Barbara is very bike friendly, but besides the usual Kmart type bikes I have small knowledge on them. I'm going to a few bike shops next week to look at them and ask questions. The nice ones are all so expensive tho :x
ha if i ever decide to sell, youll be the first to know 

but watch out when you go to a bike shop. like any retailer, theyre gonna try to sell you things you dont need. you dont need carbon fiber anything, electronic shifters, 30 speeds or anythig like that

what kind of riding are you gonna be doing mostly? all road? endurance? cross country? 

Not tryna be lance Armstrong but after I finish my bulk I want to do biking as one form of cardio. Maybe start biking from and to work (it's only 4 miles away). Add a couple rides near the ocean on the weekends during the summer. I cant imagine that i would ever bike more than 25 miles total at the most. but I want something smooth, light, and fast. Also to be good for my size (6'3 180lbs).
You have any ideas for something of that sort in the 200-500 range? I can't break the bank on it but I don't wanna be too cheap either.

Also, since you seem to know about bikes. Would you mind if I sent you links to the bikes I check out at the shops to see what you think? (Once I get around to checking some out) :smile:

Last edited:

i will look into the leagues and other gyms that typically have less non sense tho

where in metro detroit?

lifetime fitness has runs all day in Shelby Township. no BS most of the time

its expensive but if you got a lot of free time and like to play ball for a few hours with some decent competition id recommend it

where in metro detroit?

its expensive but if you got a lot of free time and like to play ball for a few hours with some decent competition id recommend it
are you talking about that joe dumars?

where in metro detroit?

nah liftime fitness, 24/7 high end gym kinda

joe dumars is TRASHHHHH :rofl:

so, this whole counting macro's thing, 40/40/20 split blah blah blah..I followed one of the videos posted and did the whole multiply your weight (210) by an active number (13) and got 2730....

Why is it so hard to fulfill that protein requirement?! I can barely hit 200g of protein a day! It's like I have to down protein shakes during every meal..and then for snacks too.

Any help? I'm a super noob when it comes to this stuff. I usually just eat whatever and wanted to try something new and track what I'm actually eating.

yea i was gonna say man, im not goin there

but ive heard about the lifetime deal, theyve emailed me about it, i will check that out

Last edited by a moderator:

where in metro detroit?

yea i was gonna say man, im not goin there

but ive heard about the lifetime deal, theyve emailed me about it, i will check that out

they got a bunch all over the place. Troy, Commerce, Novi i think

if money isnt a problem i highly suggest it. But Shelby IMO is a great choice basketball wise

My creatine arrives tomorrow. I have a question about the loading phase. How far apart should be dosages be? Like every four hours or what?

Back
Top Bottom