STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Don't know if this question has been posted before in this forum before. Does anyone has experience with Kettlebells and using them for weight loss ? Whats the best weight to start with ?

Just did the basic kettlebell swing about 100-125 reps with a 25 lb kettllebell for first time last week. Hammys and glutes were done for 3 days

For the people who are not reacting well to Creatine yous taking, Can I ask...

Why are you STILL sleeping on Kre-Alkalyn? Best creatine hands down in that no loading needed, no bloating or any side effects and it most of all IT WORKS

Glucosamine is an even bigger placebo effect.

No, no it's not.

My sister is a pharmacist and gave me some years ago when my knees were a wreck. I took it begrudgingly, assuming it wasnt gonna help with anything. I was literally just taking it to prove her wrong...3 weeks later my knees felt great.

Humble pie was eaten.

No, no it's not.

My sister is a pharmacist and gave me some years ago when my knees were a wreck. I took it begrudgingly, assuming it wasnt gonna help with anything. I was literally just taking it to prove her wrong...3 weeks later my knees felt great.

Humble pie was eaten.

I concur with this man. My mom supplied some of this when the cartilage in my knees were worn down from hoops and running races. Taking it dailly has allowed me to play basketball pain free again.

Feels great.

No, no it's not.

Humble pie was eaten.

Maybe you missed my post after this one further explaining my statement. I'm not claiming that glucosamine is simply a placebo. I was saying that if protein supplements are considered a placebo, then someone like glucosamine, which has very limited clinical backing, must surely be considered a placebo.

It was more of a relative statement than a declarative statement.

Love getting my workout done in the early morning! Don't have to deal with all the crowds and the weights are all there for my talking. My chest has been demolished!!

Man I got a Schwinn Mountain Bike from WalMart about 7 years ago for like $80. It has held up well. No issues
I need a bike as well.  Gonna have to get on that.
ay man if that schwinn is holding up, then kudos to you. i wouldnt skimp money on a good bike though. theyre worth the money you put into them if your serious about putting miles in 

im into bikes and have a couple "high end" bikes and havent regretted the money i spent on them at all. 

You wanna sell me one of your "high end" bikes with an NT discount? :smile:

I'm actually looking to buy a bike.
Santa Barbara is very bike friendly, but besides the usual Kmart type bikes I have small knowledge on them. I'm going to a few bike shops next week to look at them and ask questions. The nice ones are all so expensive tho :x

Love getting my workout done in the early morning! Don't have to deal with all the crowds and the weights are all there for my talking. My chest has been demolished!!

I dont really like it tbh.. Throughout the day i'm like "still gotta go to the gym...wait i already did"

and have nothing else to do :lol:

pretty much what sneakerfan said. hitting your protein macros (no matter if powder or whole foods) will help speed recovery.

I personally find it really really difficult (f'n impossible) to hit my protein numbers while cutting without any powder. It's just damn convenient to have something give you 25 grams of protein for only 100 or so calories.

No, no it's not.

Humble pie was eaten.

No, no it's not.

Humble pie was eaten.

I concur with this man. My mom supplied some of this when the cartilage in my knees were worn down from hoops and running races. Taking it dailly has allowed me to play basketball pain free again.

Feels great.

Seriously bros?? I need to up my glucosamine game then. My knees are bad from hooping for so many years. If this can even a little big give me a fountain of youth like kobe, it's worth a shot. I've alwaysgotten it in shakes, but theres never that much in them. my knees can definitely use the help.

Seriously bros?? I need to up my glucosamine game then. My knees are bad from hooping for so many years. If this can even a little big give me a fountain of youth like kobe, it's worth a shot. I've alwaysgotten it in shakes, but theres never that much in them. my knees can definitely use the help.

For the people who are not reacting well to Creatine yous taking, Can I ask...

Why are you STILL sleeping on Kre-Alkalyn? Best creatine hands down in that no loading needed, no bloating or any side effects and it most of all IT WORKS

Is it really that good?

Quick question . When it comes to building muscles in your arms and chest . How good do old fashioned push ups and pull ups work ?

Quick question . When it comes to building muscles in your arms and chest . How good do old fashioned push ups and pull ups work ?

Much more than people think. Push ups is perfectly cool. People sleep heavy on it

I've completely ignored all creatine talk. Remind me of the benefits?
Fairly noticeable strength increase. I stopped using it because my face gets a bit bloated.

That's pretty much a summary what I noticed when I used a tub.

Last edited:
all you guys talkin about your knees have worn some of your cartilage away?

my knees hurt but i got an x ray and an mri, come to find out, i just have a lot of scar tissue in my quad and patella tendons, after pt, my knees are great

basically all im trying to say is strengthen your quads and you will feel a change

^ Definitely, glucose has always helped me with joints especially knee area, coming from a former 4-5x a week hooper and track athlete

Anyone into boxing at all? I work here part time as a trainer ....always good to switch up the cardio, I've noticed this has given me improved stamina in other forms of exercise/cardio, especially hooping ....after 3-4 games I'm still flying up and down the court, huge advantage

all you guys talkin about your knees have worn some of your cartilage away?

my knees hurt but i got an x ray and an mri, come to find out, i just have a lot of scar tissue in my quad and patella tendons, after pt, my knees are great

basically all im trying to say is strengthen your quads and you will feel a change

Personally, i never had my knees looked at professionally. Mine were just wrecked after years of playing ball. The soreness went away after a few weeks of Glucosamine.

LOL...yo! how ya been? i can totally do that, but i'm told starvation won't work ahahha which is the path i was on. My daily "diet" for the past few weeks have been 2 bolied eggs, turkey bacon, oatmeal, protein shakes and some kinda salad with salmon. however, some people have told me i need to eat MORE because your body can go to into "starvation mode"....i guess hold on to the little bits of food in my body!?
lol awesome to see you in here. see if you can calculate your maintenance calories/macros. go here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981
once you find out how many calories is your maintenance (to stay at the same weight) eat 500 calories less each day. this will get you to losing about 2#s a week. look through that whole nutrition sub-forum for more ideas. you can also burn more calories through exercise and adjust your diet from there.

thanks for the info! i fell off a bit and had a minor set back on my workout. got into a car accident and had to get stiches because i ripped inside my lower chin area between gum and lip! :frown: however i am grateful that's all i escaped with and no other injuries!

so with that said lol....i've been on a soft food diet eating mostly not good foods like mash potatoes, soup, yogurt, sherbet/ice cream, jello, pudding and still protein shakes here and there...the stitches are finally dissolving a bit, so i'm about to take it a step up. can anyone suggest healhier items to eat for the next 2 weeks? i won't be able to workout just yet so hoping to drop some lbs while i can't really eat!

Back
Top Bottom