STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I havent taken any whey protein before/after my workouts for about 2 - 3 weeks now, wanted to see if it made any difference, and well it does. I feel weaker, my muscle growth hasn't changed much, if any at all. I find myself getting tired sooner than usually. For some reason I would drop a set (being too weak). I felt kinda miserable too going through this :lol:

I'm back on my whey, started this morning. I didn't think whey made THAT much of a difference. Is this one of those mind games?

Last edited:
Goya beans so damn hard to find bruh. The Walmart brand bags of beans are like low quality... Goya black beans always out of stock.

Bought me some Chuck Taylors too. I don't think squatting in NBs is good. Just need some more compression gear, and I'm set for a long time. That, and a juicer.

I'm in Miami and its easy to find here. Paypal the funds and I got you. :lol:

I havent taken any whey protein before/after my workouts for about 2 - 3 weeks now, wanted to see if it made any difference, and well it does. I feel weaker, my muscle growth hasn't changed much, if any at all. I find myself getting tired sooner than usually. For some reason I would drop a set (being too weak). I felt kinda miserable too going through this :lol:

I'm back on my whey, started this morning. I didn't think whey made THAT much of a difference. Is this one of those mind games?

if there is any supp you use Protein is the def staple.

100% mind game regarding whey somehow "helping" your workouts

I don't think so. Maybe not whey itself, but getting enough protein def plays a part. I've done that experiment too, found myself too busy to keep track of my protein via food only and felt different, progressed differently.

I don't think so. Maybe not whey itself, but getting enough protein def plays a part. I've done that experiment too, found myself too busy to keep track of my protein via food only and felt different, progressed differently.
Yes protein matters but I think if you eat the right things and eat often enough you don't need any protein supplements.

That is just my opinion. I just think "protein reliance" is such a big thing. But folks swear by it so I will let them do their thing.

I'm so confused trying to lose weight and exercise. Feels like I'm pulled or lured into different techniques and methods.

Oh no doubt, but sometimes I just get lost in the sauce and don't pay attention to my food and nutrients, that's where supplements have their value for me.

I'm so confused trying to lose weight and exercise. Feels like I'm pulled or lured into different techniques and methods.

i don't understand how anyone can be confused by such a simple concept.

calories in - calories out

if you're in the positive, you'll gain weight. if you're in the negative, you'll lose weight.

eat less (and better) and exercise more (and better). done. no need for gimmicks. be consistent and the fat will shed away.

Last edited:
This.

But if the placebo effect makes a difference for you, then so be it.

I posted a few days back that I started using glucosamine and within two days started feeling better. It doesn't make a difference that fast, but my knees are happy, so I am happy.

Obviously I should have elaborated a bit more.

If a protein supplement is considered a placebo effect, then one must acknowledge that glucosomine is simply a placebo as well.

This.

But if the placebo effect makes a difference for you, then so be it.

I posted a few days back that I started using glucosamine and within two days started feeling better. It doesn't make a difference that fast, but my knees are happy, so I am happy.

Precisely. IF it works, it works.

I havent taken any whey protein before/after my workouts for about 2 - 3 weeks now, wanted to see if it made any difference, and well it does. I feel weaker, my muscle growth hasn't changed much, if any at all. I find myself getting tired sooner than usually. For some reason I would drop a set (being too weak). I felt kinda miserable too going through this
laugh.gif

The powder makes it easier to hit your #s.  If you're not consuming enough protein, it will make a difference.  Eat a balanced diet and use the powder if you need to hit your #s, not as a crutch.

pretty much what sneakerfan said. hitting your protein macros (no matter if powder or whole foods) will help speed recovery.

I had times where i didnt take no protein at all for a good amount of months and didnt really see gains as much. Could be a mental thing idk. but when i got workouts the next day again i feel great. If i dont take it i feel lazy and sore..... n just wanna rest.. idk..

i def hit my protein macros daily just about though...

April is when i first start to cut.

The powder makes it easier to hit your #s.  If you're not consuming enough protein, it will make a difference.  Eat a balanced diet and use the powder if you need to hit your #s, not as a crutch.

This is how i feel about it. I wouldn't drink whey if i could get all my protein from food. But i can't. So i am not overly concerned about making sure i drink a shake immediately after i work out or anything. I just drink the shakes to reach my protein numbers.

Deadlifted yesterday hungover....one of the worst workouts ive had in recent memory. Oh well you win some you lose some. Shoulders and Traps today....or off day....depends on how i feel when i get off...kind feel like death right now lol

Don't know if this question has been posted before in this forum before. Does anyone has experience with Kettlebells and using them for weight loss ? Whats the best weight to start with ?

Back
Top Bottom