STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I understand the frustration but y’all so damn aggressive man. I wish a mf would ask me if I’m here to workout or be on my phone :lol:

Right? Workout Nazis finna be walking around, telling you what lifts to do next.

Most of the folks doing all that are smaller and weaker than I am so why would I give af what they think?
picard.png

It's like when a dude that's not even in the 800 pound club tells me I'm "doing too many sets". Yeah, okay little dude.
mjlol.png

I film form checks almost every session when I start doing singles and have never had anybody say something. I wish they would.
full

Can’t convince me filming is necessary either way. Unless you are starting out to check form, no point filming at all. Public space isn’t your private studio gym.

Just like people who video fireworks, the videos never get watched again.

maybe not strictly necessary but definitely can be useful both personally to the individual & maybe externally to others…all the folk i see in the gym recording are respectful of others & aren’t operating as if they are entitled…if people couldn’t record in the gym we’d never get stellar moments like these:

Right? Workout Nazis finna be walking around, telling you what lifts to do next.

Most of the folks doing all that are smaller and weaker than I am so why would I give af what they think?
picard.png

It's like when a dude that's not even in the 800 pound club tells me I'm "doing too many sets". Yeah, okay little dude.
mjlol.png

I film form checks almost every session when I start doing singles and have never had anybody say something. I wish they would.
full

Are you like 18 or something? Going up to a grown man telling him how to lift is wild. :lol:

Are you like 18 or something? Going up to a grown man telling him how to lift is wild. :lol:

Of course I'm not.
gucci3.png

Going up to a grown man and telling them how to lift is no more wild than going up to a grown man in a public gym and telling him he can't record or take pictures of himself, with a camera or phone that you didn't pay for no less.

And I actually do go up to folks and tell them when their form is **** or they're doing a lift wrong, so yeah...
shaq.png

How do people react?

You asking me?

It plays out kinda the same way responses do ITT. :rofl:

They (guys and gals) usually appear grateful or appreciative but I'm a black guy with an unfriendly expression that is larger/stronger than the average gym goer, so a lot of folks may be humoring me or tryna diffuse the situation.
ld.png

(I've had gym owners and workers at multiple commercial gyms that were "afraid" of me even though I never talk to them and pay them no mind.)

You gotta figure if something is so apparently off that a random stranger goes up to you and starts offering you tips, you must not be doing something right.

I'm just a guy in the gym so they can either take the advice (for free) and run with it or they can ignore me and continue to spin their wheels or maybe injure themselves using dog****e form.

I don't lose anything either way.
manny.png

That’s chill then, It’s not like you’re some kid with a broccoli cut rolling up like “well actually my podcast says don’t eat carbs or lift heavy.”

I learned how to dl from a guy I watched kick a guy in the head the week before. You can’t always pick your trainers.

Might as well explain what happened, gym is in a rough neighborhood. **** gets stolen all the time.

Dude snatches a bag and runs, now picture a man basically jujumufu. Strong af, can do backflips and splits but also huge and fast with a mean case of ptsd.

Dude runs and doesn’t get far before my guy hems him up and beats tf out of him.

Insult to injury he went to jail after getting beat down

Last edited:
You asking me?

It plays out kinda the same way responses do ITT. :rofl:

They (guys and gals) usually appear grateful or appreciative but I'm a black guy with an unfriendly expression that is larger/stronger than the average gym goer, so a lot of folks may be humoring me or tryna diffuse the situation.
ld.png

(I've had gym owners and workers at multiple commercial gyms that were "afraid" of me even though I never talk to them and pay them no mind.)

You gotta figure if something is so apparently off that a random stranger goes up to you and starts offering you tips, you must not be doing something right.

I'm just a guy in the gym so they can either take the advice (for free) and run with it or they can ignore me and continue to spin their wheels or maybe injure themselves using dog****e form.

I don't lose anything either way.
manny.png

definitely appreciate the folk that offer tips on training while in the gym, i have learned a lot from people that are like this; ultimately that’s what you would hope in the best case scenario new folk would encounter

That’s chill then, It’s not like you’re some kid with a broccoli cut rolling up like “well actually my podcast says don’t eat carbs or lift heavy.”

I learned how to dl from a guy I watched kick a guy in the head the week before. You can’t always pick your trainers.

Might as well explain what happened, gym is in a rough neighborhood. **** gets stolen all the time.

Dude snatches a bag and runs, now picture a man basically jujumufu. Strong af, can do backflips and splits but also huge and fast with a mean case of ptsd.

Dude runs and doesn’t get far before my guy hems him up and beats tf out of him.

Insult to injury he went to jail after getting beat down

that line had me 🤣🤣🤣, that is a wiiiild story, who/where did man that got jammed up snatch the bag from, a person or was the bag just lying about…

Can’t convince me filming is necessary either way. Unless you are starting out to check form, no point filming at all. Public space isn’t your private studio gym.

Just like people who video fireworks, the videos never get watched again.
the only time I was filming myself was to check my swimming stroke to improve my time.

mjlol.png
no one told me that one yet but I had one encounter when someone approached me just less than 3 seconds after putting down the weights if I'm done. I just mentioned I still have to finish my set and gave him the look. it's not like I've been there using the equipment for 5 minutes. anyways

maybe not strictly necessary but definitely can be useful both personally to the individual & maybe externally to others…all the folk i see in the gym recording are respectful of others & aren’t operating as if they are entitled…if people couldn’t record in the gym we’d never get stellar moments like these:

unfortunately, majority of them are not like that.

Of course I'm not.
gucci3.png

Going up to a grown man and telling them how to lift is no more wild than going up to a grown man in a public gym and telling him he can't record or take pictures of himself, with a camera or phone that you didn't pay for no less.

And I actually do go up to folks and tell them when their form is **** or they're doing a lift wrong, so yeah...
shaq.png
I have a female co-worker that is correcting my form. she also lifts weights, also she has an attitude and sort of "I know everything". but anyways, I let her talk and say thank you otherwise she wouldn't stop.

definitely appreciate the folk that offer tips on training while in the gym, i have learned a lot from people that are like this; ultimately that’s what you would hope in the best case scenario new folk would encounter

last time I had someone give advice when it comes to lifting was when I was 14. so far, the ones

I use the phone to track stuff sometimes. Just because you're on the phone means you're bsing.
you can tell when some of them are bsing. I saw someone on their phone and left them for an hour while I was completing my other sets. an hour later, same person is still there sitting on the same position with no obvious sign of sweating and fatigue still on their phone. I believe we have gym etiquette but that seems to have gone out the window when the pandemic happened.

Back
Top Bottom